News Jack De Bellend Megathread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t know if many cops are corrupt. They just seem lazy and/or incompetent and then lie to cover their tracks or to maintain their egos
It's quite a public accusation.

He better have his facts right.

Not sure how the cops actions affected the case against De Bellend.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t know. Did she lie? Did she forget or get confused? Was she embarrassed? As I said I’ve never been raped so not too sure. Jack’s character isn’t looking too crash hot though is it?
On the other side. What does he gain from lieing?

It's such a hard situation to understand, but I for one am not going to judge until the whole truth comes out. Obviously she could be making things up. Just the same as he could be also, especially considering that he was so drunk.

Time will tell

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's quite a public accusation.

He better have his facts right.

Not sure how his actions affected the case against De Bellend.
Very true. Probably the least of the worries for the cop now and no doubt he’ll be charged after tomorrow. His actions may have helped his colleagues with their investigation which is wrong but the jury would be told to ignore it if it wasn’t kept from them. I’d be interested to see what the jury is made up of. I bet not many mothers or married women

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t know if many cops are corrupt. They just seem lazy and/or incompetent and then lie to cover their tracks or to maintain their egos
Same as the girl perhaps.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For sure
Had 2 mates at school called out for “raping this girl”
Anyway she said they raped her at school etc etc etc, didn’t know what to believe as these 2 blokes weren’t the smartest of pricks

Police involved the whole lot

Turns out there was a camera where she said the alleged rape happen
She let both of them have sex with her and very consul according the police report as witnessed on the footage

Not a thing was done to her, nothing not even a slap on the wrist

Now she had absolutely nothing to gain from it, boys families had no money etc

But she cried rape anyway and put up a song and dance all for attention

If that camera wasn’t there those 2 dudes probably end up in juvenile then prison

She had nothing to gain from it but done it anyway
Shocker story that. Amazing what people would do, and I have heard it all before.

It's just strange to me as to why bring it the the centre of public that's all. We'll see what happens I guess?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
For sure
Had 2 mates at school called out for “raping this girl”
Anyway she said they raped her at school etc etc etc, didn’t know what to believe as these 2 blokes weren’t the smartest of pricks

Police involved the whole lot

Turns out there was a camera where she said the alleged rape happen
She let both of them have sex with her and very consul according the police report as witnessed on the footage

Not a thing was done to her, nothing not even a slap on the wrist

Now she had absolutely nothing to gain from it, boys families had no money etc

But she cried rape anyway and put up a song and dance all for attention

If that camera wasn’t there those 2 dudes probably end up in juvenile then prison

She had nothing to gain from it but done it anyway
Yes a good example but there's several stories where we could also tell a story about friends, sisters and relatives being bashed and/or raped.

Men and women do dumb unfathomable things :(

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The bigger picture is have some respect and morals for your partner, family and employer.

Debellend acted like a selfish entitled jock and meathead and now pays the price for putting himself, and family, in this position.

Feel sorry for Dragons as they are paying him over half a million a year for not playing. This issue needs looking at. Maybe if these guys didnt get paid until court case proved them innocent, then they may suddenly find a brain and keep themselves out of compromising situations.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The bigger picture is have some respect and morals for your partner, family and employer.

Debellend acted like a selfish entitled jock and meathead and now pays the price for putting himself, and family, in this position.

Feel sorry for Dragons as they are paying him over half a million a year for not playing. This issue needs looking at. Maybe if these guys didnt get paid until court case proved them innocent, then they may suddenly find a brain and keep themselves out of compromising situations.
Trouble is most of the serious cases in the past didn't involve players putting themselves in compromising positions. Brett Stewart is a perfect example. Often it's been the partner who has made up fairy stories as well.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ultimately you're responsible for your actions. De Belin should have stayed well out of the situation. But I also don't like holier than though attitudes. Let's not pretend that a man's libido doesn't struggle in the prolonged period of pregnancy. I have two kids, and many on here will understand what I'm talking about.
But you of course have to control yourself. You can't start fatherhood with that weighing on your conscious.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Trouble is most of the serious cases in the past didn't involve players putting themselves in compromising positions. Brett Stewart is a perfect example. Often it's been the partner who has made up fairy stories as well.
Well I'm only suggesting the dumb ones like Debellend who freely admits he propositioned the woman and initiated the sex.

The other cases are few and far between by comparison to how many rapes occur, reported, unreported and those falsely accused.

No winners.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
True but being a blind drunk footy star who can barely walk and is conversing with a young female neighbour is pretty compromising

Malla

Reaction score
The deleted text messages are probably what fucked her in the end.

But honestly I could not care less about this hey. Debellin is a piece of shit for cheating on his pregnant misso anyway whether found innocent or guilty

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why Did Bellend insert his dick into her ass by accident whilst having a threesome while his pregnant wife at home

there are many questions i guess.
Then ask her to help a brother out.
Oral, vaginal, unexpected anal.

Scumbag.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's a scum bag no doubt.

But there is so much wrong with her story that irks me.

1) She is caught on video footage doing the V to her lips/tongue in the middle of the club before the "rape" occurred. Universal sign for "I want to fuck you".
2) No neighbors complained of any excess noise or heard anything to suggest it happened. There was a 3rd person in the apartment who woke up, saw what was happening, and went back to sleep.
3) She went out afterwards with them like nothing happened. She did, however, eventually leave their party before joining them at the next club. If she was that repulsed, why would she voluntarily go out with them at all?
4) Deleted text messages? Why? What part of her version of events does she not want to share?

Now, there is much to also factor in which I have not taken into account. But based on the above, buyers remorse seems to be more than issue than actual rape. But if at any point she is proven to have asked to stop, then I think its game over JDB.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He's a scum bag no doubt.

But there is so much wrong with her story that irks me.

1) She is caught on video footage doing the V to her lips/tongue in the middle of the club before the "rape" occurred. Universal sign for "I want to fuck you".
2) No neighbors complained of any excess noise or heard anything to suggest it happened. There was a 3rd person in the apartment who woke up, saw what was happening, and went back to sleep.
3) She went out afterwards with them like nothing happened. She did, however, eventually leave their party before joining them at the next club. If she was that repulsed, why would she voluntarily go out with them at all?
4) Deleted text messages? Why? What part of her version of events does she not want to share?

Now, there is much to also factor in which I have not taken into account. But based on the above, buyers remorse seems to be more than issue than actual rape. But if at any point she is proven to have asked to stop, then I think its game over JDB.
Not challenging anything you say but...

1. Is there actual proof of that and if so the context. It may have been directed at bell ends cousin only. He says the 3some was mot discussed with him and a surprise.

2. She openly admitted she didnt not yell out or violently struggle saying what could she do they were twice her weight and stature.

3.She said bellend said they weren't leaving her alone and going wherever she went, so she says she "escaped" at the first opportunity whilst they were lining up to get into the first club. I didnt see in the reports that she went to 2 clubs afterwards with them? I may be wrong.

4. The court case only mentioned her deleting a text to a friend she was going to get high with. Which she says she did to ease the trauma of her experience. I didnt hear of other texts? I may be inaccurate eith that as well.

Either way it was a dumb decision all round.

She says she left with them initially for a lift to another club but then bellend directed the taxi driver to divert to his mate's (cousin's) flat to charge their phones. She went to the toilet and he came in naked to take a shower.

I haven't heard the Defence solicitor argue against that, that she ended up in the flat surreptitiously and that wasn't part of what she agreed to.

So...??????

Who knows.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jack de Belin verdict looms as rape trial jury retires after four weeks of evidence

The jury in the sexual assault trial of Jack de Belin and Callan Sinclair has retired after hearing almost four weeks of evidence.

The jurors — five men and seven women — have begun deliberating at Wollongong District Court after receiving legal instructions from Judge Andrew Haesler.

Mr de Belin and Mr Sinclair are accused of raping a 19-year-old woman in a Wollongong unit in December 2018.

They are each facing four counts of aggravated sexual assault in company and one count of aggravated sexual assault in company inflicting actual bodily harm.

Defence accused of overreach
The prosecution told the jurors they could rely on the complainant's version of events.

Crown prosecutor David Scully said the complainant was a young woman who was allowed to get dressed up, go out and have a dance and even a kiss if she wanted to.

But at no point did she consent to either man to engage in a threesome, Mr Scully said.

He argued the complainant was unaware of the defendants' plan to have a threesome with her and was under the impression she was travelling to another nightclub when the trio went to Mr de Belin's cousin's apartment.

The complainant had tears streaming down her face as she told the court that the men took turns raping her.

Mr Scully told the court Mr de Belin and Mr Sinclair had created a false version of events of what had happened that night and went too far by creating an implausible story in which consent was sought at every moment.

Jury told to put morals aside
Mr de Belin's barrister, David Campbell SC, used his closing address to remind jurors that it was their job to adjudicate on matters of criminality, not morality.

He admitted his client behaved in a way that was "morally wrong", had cheated on his pregnant partner, and should have been more "considerate" to the complainant.

The jury was told they could rely on the good character of the defendants and the reliability of their evidence.

Mr Campbell, as well as Mr Sinclair's lawyer, Craig Smith SC, told the jurors that the objective evidence presented to them, including CCTV footage and phone intercepts, supported their clients' version of events.

Mr Campbell suggested it also contradicted the evidence provided by the complainant before and during the trial.

He pointed to multiple occasions when the alleged victim had apparently contradicted her version of events and described her testimony as evidence that could not be the foundation for proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

The defence, Mr Campbell argued, had also been put at a significant disadvantage because of the "improper" conduct of police.

He accused the lead detective in the case, Senior Constable Shawn Adams, of crafting a victim statement, and suggested the absence of any recording of his first interview with the complainant was "unbelievable".

Source

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well I'm only suggesting the dumb ones like Debellend who freely admits he propositioned the woman and initiated the sex.

The other cases are few and far between by comparison to how many rapes occur, reported, unreported and those falsely accused.

No winners.
Not challenging anything you say but...

1. Is there actual proof of that and if so the context. It may have been directed at bell ends cousin only. He says the 3some was mot discussed with him and a surprise.

2. She openly admitted she didnt not yell out or violently struggle saying what could she do they were twice her weight and stature.

3.She said bellend said they weren't leaving her alone and going wherever she went, so she says she "escaped" at the first opportunity whilst they were lining up to get into the first club. I didnt see in the reports that she went to 2 clubs afterwards with them? I may be wrong.

4. The court case only mentioned her deleting a text to a friend she was going to get high with. Which she says she did to ease the trauma of her experience. I didnt hear of other texts? I may be inaccurate eith that as well.

Either way it was a dumb decision all round.

She says she left with them initially for a lift to another club but then bellend directed the taxi driver to divert to his mate's (cousin's) flat to charge their phones. She went to the toilet and he came in naked to take a shower.

I haven't heard the Defence solicitor argue against that, that she ended up in the flat surreptitiously and that wasn't part of what she agreed to.

So...??????

Who knows.
She either lied or got things wrong innocently multiple times in her evidence and the ones I read about favored her case until they were revealed to be incorrect. She said she sent the text about smoking pot to help with the trauma of being raped but it wasn't true. They were on the way to the unit not leaving.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

No winners.
If you are charged with rape the NRL will stand you down no matter what the circumstances are. The charged player could be single , propositioned by the woman and innocent but none of that will help him. The NRL will only get in to more trouble if they treat the dopey ones like JDB more harshly than the ones who satisfy the moralists because the dopey one might be found not guilty and the other one who didn't cheat on his pregnant wife might be found guilty.

Brett Stewart would have fallen in to the ''dopey'' group if public opinion was the criteria.