BULLDOGS HINT AT NEW HALVES PAIRING

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was a big fan of wakeham but he was very ordinary this season,i do feel our halves went backwards under pay just awful coaching for young halves ,wakeham looks sensational when he plays for fiji so he has it in him
He definitely has it in him. When he played next to lewis it didn't seem like wakeham was aloud to roam around the field all the ball went to lewis. Hopefully he has a breakout season

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He definitely has it in him. When he played next to lewis it didn't seem like wakeham was aloud to roam around the field all the ball went to lewis. Hopefully he has a breakout season
Yep i remember that it was like pay gave jmk to always pass to lewis

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a big fan of wakeham but he was very ordinary this season,i do feel our halves went backwards under pay just awful coaching for young halves ,wakeham looks sensational when he plays for fiji so he has it in him
I totally agree that young Wakeham didn’t have the best of seasons but not many did to be honest with you.
We should wipe the slate clean and start fresh come 2021 under TB & his support staff.
He and Avv have a real chance to step up ,show everyone that they are worthy of playing first grade week in week out.
I am more than confident in their ability to succeed under a watchful eye.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That game where lewis got dropped and wakeham and averillo were the halves our side looked better. It was more eyes up footy.
I remember that game it was fantastic watching our two young guns ,
it was like tip footy at times
They will carve it up in 2021 which is going to solve a lot of our problems.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe this will be the starting team
1 Averillo
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Hopoate
5 Mansour..........I have a feeling that we will get Mansour & Burton as a deal for 2021
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
8 Thompson......Hetherington
9 Katoa................JMK..............there is a belief that Katoa is a better hooker
10 Ogden..............Atoni
11 RFM
12 Elliott................Waddell
13 Jackson............Napa

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 Averillo
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Hopoate
5 Mansour..........I have feeling that we will get Mansour & Burton as a deal for 2021
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
9 Katoa................JMK there is a belief that Katoa is a better hooker
11 RFM
I’d be quite happy with that line up. Would push for a top 8 spot.
Good mix of youth and experience.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 Averillo
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Hopoate
5 Mansour..........I have feeling that we will get Mansour & Burton as a deal for 2021
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
9 Katoa................JMK..............there is a belief that Katoa is a better hooker
11 RFM
Looks good ,i also have a feeling well take Mansour as part of negotiation to get burton early frees up cash for Penrith

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a debate that has no legs atm considering he hasn't played FB yet... I will say though he will be a better option at FB than Avo considering their respective careers.
He won’t. Both will be awful fullbacks. JAC would have no idea in position play let alone passing the ball

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Averillo
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Hopoate
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
11 RFM
I like your team it seems very reasonable
Boy there’s a lot of people sweating on positions 5 & 6
Hope your feeling comes to fruition.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Lewis weren’t so domineering he could go alright, he kicks the ball a long way compared to Wakeham who can only kick it like 30 metres max
I’ll never forget the Good Friday game tho when Lewis gave it to Sam Burgess that was classic
Pity the bloke has no playmaking ability

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure the other 15 NRL clubs are hoping that we put Wakeham at 5/8 rather than Avo when they face us. There are 3 certainties in life: Death, taxes and Lewis/Wakeham in the halves in 2021 = more pain for the Dogs.
I think the other 15 NRL clubs are hoping Avo doesn’t play fullback to be honest. Nothing more devastating than a fullback like Avo popping up everywhere in support especially up the middle waiting for an offload. He could well have a breakout year ala Barba 2012