How much should we pay for Burton ?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d offer Burton and Crichton 1-1.2 to get em both here. We got the coin

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton does not need cash splurged at him, he needs future, he’s young, he needs to be told not only has he got a 6 spot available he’s also got a blues jersey available. A kangaroo’s jersey available. If he sits at Penrith he’s not only stopping his own want for a position he’s stopping being picked for these games, blues need some new blood in the halves. Filter was blooded very young. Nathan maybe a 7 for a bit longer but he could be nsw’s 6 like Munster. But needs a full season. He won’t get that at Penrith. Make his dream come a reality. If he stays he only has himself to blame . Penrith won’t benefit from him staying. But they will have the same thought process like we did with Anasta, sherwin, Thurston. He could be in the mix for state and national selection if he wants. That’s the choice, that’s the pledge, that’s the dream the culture of our club should sell
Well said mate. I agree with this 1000%. That's the sales pitch we should be giving him. Hopefully Baz is reading this thread and takes your advice

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speak to the rorter supporter Kambahone apparently he reckons the Roosters aren’t cheats and they are under the cap :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
LOL I have 2 friends that are Rorters supporters and everytime I joke about a sombrero or cheating the cap they throw a hissy fit. They are 100% convinced they're not cheating and that everyone wants to play for them for unders because they all "love and respect" the Roosters :laughing:

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s what shits me most about Roosters, it’s their fans. The club rorts the cap, that isn’t their fault. In fact, they should embrace it. They do it blatantly and Politis and co don’t care because they know they have people in the right places at NRL and the NRL and media are scared shitless of them. I WISH WE were in that position.
It’s the NRL’s fault they have an unfair position. The NRL AND MEDIA are the issue, the Chooks are just doing what they can.

Their fans are either sooks or dumb as shit. They must believe in unicorns and mermaids ffs. 15 sets of fans, the media and the NRL KNOW they cheat, but hey, if you run the media and the NRL, then kudos to you. Just embrace it, we’d respect you more.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
700k- if he is as good as what we all think he is going to be then it’s a small price to pay.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHY isn't this shit done and dusted already ffs???? It's 22 November and speculation continues but no announcement..surely something tomorrow or the next day..can't still be negotiating a fucking price after 3 weeks??
Agree,the guy has played around 5 first grade games,and we are all making out like he’s the next god,I believe the club has made a reasonable offer,based on the talent he displayes,he has yet to be tested on a weekly basis,he has had the offer on the table,for some time,the club should be saying to his manager,here’s the deal,we would like an answer by the end of week,or we move on,

Letstrot

Waterboy
Reaction score
That’s what shits me most about Roosters, it’s their fans. The club rorts the cap, that isn’t their fault. In fact, they should embrace it. They do it blatantly and Politis and co don’t care because they know they have people in the right places at NRL and the NRL and media are scared shitless of them. I WISH WE were in that position.
It’s the NRL’s fault they have an unfair position. The NRL AND MEDIA are the issue, the Chooks are just doing what they can.

Their fans are either sooks or dumb as shit. They must believe in unicorns and mermaids ffs. 15 sets of fans, the media and the NRL KNOW they cheat, but hey, if you run the media and the NRL, then kudos to you. Just embrace it, we’d respect you more.
Brah, why u so salty?

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$650k For 2021 Only if he is able to gain a release
$500k For 2022
$500k For 2023

Total = 1.65 mil over 3 years
Average over 3 years = $550k per year

(If that's a little too much then knock $50k off per year - it will average out to $500k per year)

With the above offer, do you think he & his manager will be pushing hard for a release.

If Panthers play hard ball, then the Manager can play the media with the sad story of how the Panthers are robbing him of big coin & holding him back from a starting halves position, showing no compassion to his situation as he will never be a first pick half to them & being a half is where the big bucks are, its what he is & its what he wants to be.

Halves are the most sort after players in our game - NOT back row or Centre where they are trying to bluff him to play & stay.

Last edited:

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL I have 2 friends that are Rorters supporters and everytime I joke about a sombrero or cheating the cap they throw a hissy fit. They are 100% convinced they're not cheating and that everyone wants to play for them for unders because they all "love and respect" the Roosters :laughing:
Roosters don't cheat, they just gift their players extras in CASH & CARS.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Burton does not need cash splurged at him, he needs future, he’s young, he needs to be told not only has he got a 6 spot available he’s also got a blues jersey available. A kangaroo’s jersey available. If he sits at Penrith he’s not only stopping his own want for a position he’s stopping being picked for these games, blues need some new blood in the halves. Filter was blooded very young. Nathan maybe a 7 for a bit longer but he could be nsw’s 6 like Munster. But needs a full season. He won’t get that at Penrith. Make his dream come a reality. If he stays he only has himself to blame . Penrith won’t benefit from him staying. But they will have the same thought process like we did with Anasta, sherwin, Thurston. He could be in the mix for state and national selection if he wants. That’s the choice, that’s the pledge, that’s the dream the culture of our club should sell
Well said

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id be happy to go as high as 600k, he a player of the future and worth the coin.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
an interesting question... what do you pay a promising and yet unproven player like Burton? for example, we have reportedly signed Flanagan on about $1 million over 3 years which averages out to let's say $350,000 a year... does Burton deserve the same or more at this stage? probably not... Flanagan is older and has more NRL experience and has been signed in just as important a position as we have earmarked for Burton

the gamble is the upside of Burton and how much of a premium that upside will cost... if we have offered $400K a season and Burton has not signed as yet, then let's see what his agent comes back to us with and what further needs to be offered to bring him across

Letstrot

Waterboy
Reaction score
400-450k would tolerate 5
Brah, calm down. 300k for a young thundercat is more than enough.

We aren't playing with monopoly money here.

Be reasonable otherwise i wont be signing anything for you

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Brah, calm down. 300k for a young thundercat is more than enough.

We aren't playing with monopoly money here.

Be reasonable otherwise i wont be signing anything for you
Sorry boss