News High performance coach discusses first week

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ogden simply has to improve his ruck defence to be any hope becoming a regular player in the 17. He gets exposed way too easily with his lack of fitness and lateral movement. He can bend the line when he wants but he’s got a long way to go with other areas of his game.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Its our halves that have lacked the skills, not our forwards. Ogden was one of the few highlights for me this year, so Hetherington starts off the bench for mine.
“Starts off the bench” in trials or regular season? What if he kicks arse and takes no prisoners in the trial games, does he get to start in Round 1?

Go Dogs

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sold on the Hetherington signing as it is and wouldn't be surprised if he does play off the bench.
I don't think any of the incumbents from last year should be given first shot unless they earn it through the preseason.

Last edited:

Letstrot

Waterboy
Reaction score
Brah, Ogden & To'omaga are way behind the 8 ball in terms of fitness and defence.

It ain't 2012 anymore and the new 6 again rule has totally wiped out these type of forwards.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I'm not sold on the Hetherington signing as it is and wouldn't be surprised if he does play of the bench.
I don't think any of the incumbents from last year should be given first shot unless they earn it through the preseason.
Yeah don't think Baz is either.. only called him the best athlete he has ever seen... Maybe he makes the bench

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“Starts off the bench” in trials or regular season? What if he kicks arse and takes no prisoners in the trial games, does he get to start in Round 1?

Go Dogs
Naturally the best team starts, but the suggestion that a fringe first grader Newby starts ahead of established players, with only a week of training gone, is a little ridiculous.

Malla

Reaction score
This week the real training starts, if they thought they were getting flogged last week they got another thing coming lol

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naturally the best team starts, but the suggestion that a fringe first grader Newby starts ahead of established players, with only a week of training gone, is a little ridiculous.
Are you referring to Ogden & To'omaga as established first grade players?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They have both been in and around the fg team for 2 years now, and Ogden was a starting prop for a good part of the year, so yes, I suppose I am. Are you suggesting Hetherington is?