Other News Source JAC

ramonesdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
DT

The reason for Josh Addo-Carr’s backflip on quitting Melbourne Storm was about two things – money and the fact he didn’t want to play for the Wests Tigers.

Storm agreed to upgrade the final year of his contract by an extra $140,000 to bring him into line with the NRL’s highest-paid wingers. He is now on what he could have earned if he’d played for the Wests Tigers.

Deep down, the Blues winger didn’t want to play under Michael Maguire at Wests.

He could only get out of the deal by staying at the Storm and postponing the move back to Sydney.

When he eventually returns in 2022, it will be at the South Sydney Rabbitohs or the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck I hope he signs with us, even for 2022 it would be amazing. The most dangerous entertaining player we could of had in the best part of a fucking decade

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DT

The reason for Josh Addo-Carr’s backflip on quitting Melbourne Storm was about two things – money and the fact he didn’t want to play for the Wests Tigers.

Storm agreed to upgrade the final year of his contract by an extra $140,000 to bring him into line with the NRL’s highest-paid wingers. He is now on what he could have earned if he’d played for the Wests Tigers.

He could only get out of the deal by staying at the Storm and postponing the move back to Sydney.

When he eventually returns in 2022, it will be at the South Sydney Rabbitohs or the Canterbury Bulldogs.
LOL, I think most people saw this coming a mile away. The Tigers have 2 massive problems - a garbage squad and an unappealing coach. Thank fuck we avoided Magure as a coach. There is no way in hell we would have landed Flanno or Burton (hopefully) with him as coach - and we wouldn't be a chance at landing JAC in 22. Credit to the previous board for appointing Baz - initially I wasn't a fan but I'm happy to eat my words as he has instantly made the club more attractive to new recruits. The Tigers finished 9th, we finished 15th yet JAC would rather come to us than them...and the morons recently extended his contract :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
DT

contracts don't mean shit these days... so why should a heads of agreement when it comes to NRL lol. Just always wanted to go to Souths and they thought they could fit him in but they can't so he's waiting...

ramonesdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
LOL, I think most people saw this coming a mile away. The Tigers have 2 massive problems - a garbage squad and an unappealing coach. Thank fuck we avoided Magure as a coach. There is no way in hell we would have landed Flanno or Burton (hopefully) with him as coach - and we wouldn't be a chance at landing JAC in 22. Credit to the previous board for appointing Baz - initially I wasn't a fan but I'm happy to eat my words as he has instantly made the club more attractive to new recruits. The Tigers finished 9th, we finished 15th yet JAC would rather come to us than them...and the morons recently extended his contract :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

You're 100% right; no hesitation from Kyle speaks volumes about how Trent must be perceived from a players standpoint

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
contracts don't mean shit these days... so why should a heads of agreement when it comes to NRL lol. Just always wanted to go to Souths and they thought they could fit him in but they can't so he's waiting...
I think our only chance to land JAC,was to get him for 2021 while the Rabbits were hesitating..
I can’t see them hesitating next year when he is free to sign for 2022..
They will make sure they have cap space for him and he will pick them all day and twice on Sundays over us..
Time to focus on a new target..
Play Averillo in the 1..he could be the cheapest ‘Rockstar Fullback’ we could ever hope for

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is JAC might have signed heads of agreement before we announced Tbaz.
Then he couldn't change his mind unless tigers budged which might not have happened.
Reimis was a convenient trade for the storm and us. The fact JAC didn't eventuate, I feel had no consequences in us keeping him anyway.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just proves the coach matters in these things... luckily it looks like our new coach is appealing to players.. something we haven’t had for a while.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go back a few years when Hasler was our coach, you should remember that Andrew Fafita had signed a "Heads Of Agreement" to join us but then the club backed out. It ended up in court and it cost the club $$$ in a settlement Agreement. I think that would have been the test case for others to now tread carefully otherwise it will cost them good coin.

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi new to the kennel ,happy to be onboard finally.I think JAC will definately be at the rabbits with his culture next year. The only reason he's staying in melbourne is that souths cant fit him under the cap this year with arrow etc comming. He is simply biding time untill this can happen id be very suprised if he turns up at the dogs as we dont suit his culture i dont think he's a good fit for us. The reason i think R Smith is going to melb isnt because of JAC comming here but i think T Baz has told him that he wont be playing centre next year and he spat the dummy. Anyway just my thoughts cheers for inviting me onto the kennel its a real privalage

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is JAC might have signed heads of agreement before we announced Tbaz.
Then he couldn't change his mind unless tigers budged which might not have happened.
Reimis was a convenient trade for the storm and us. The fact JAC didn't eventuate, I feel had no consequences in us keeping him anyway.
He signed the heads of agreement on oct 1...nothing to do with not knowing that baz was oyr coach

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mcguire must be such an asshole that players don't wana play under him.
He‘s a hard arse, doesn’t take shift, tells it like it is, doesn‘t sugar coat it, speaks in plain English. As a result he needs at least 1 or maybe 2 in the coaching staff that are closer to the players, smooth their egos, take the hard edge off when necessary. Seibold was that buffer for him at the Wabbits.

Plainly his record speaks for itself, he’s a quality coach with a winning record (76% at Wigan, 56% at both Wabbits and NZ). The Kiwi players that I have spoken to respect him immensely. He has his work cut out for him at the Tuggers, which I’m very surprised that he couldn’t see how deep it was before he took the gig. Shows just how bad in the shit we were when he knocked us back.

On Seibold, my opinion is he is a bit too soft, he needs a hard arsed assistant to compliment his style.

Go Dogs

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He‘s a hard arse, doesn’t take shift, tells it like it is, doesn‘t sugar coat it, speaks in plain English. As a result he needs at least 1 or maybe 2 in the coaching staff that are closer to the players, smooth their egos, take the hard edge off when necessary. Seibold was that buffer for him at the Wabbits.

Plainly his record speaks for itself, he’s a quality coach with a winning record (76% at Wigan, 56% at both Wabbits and NZ). The Kiwi players that I have spoken to respect him immensely. He has his work cut out for him at the Tuggers, which I’m very surprised that he couldn’t see how deep it was before he took the gig. Shows just how bad in the shit we were when he knocked us back.

On Seibold, my opinion is he is a bit too soft, he needs a hard arsed assistant to compliment his style.

Go Dogs
Seibold was macguire assistant for 1 year being 2017

Diatribe 2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi new to the kennel ,happy to be onboard finally.I think JAC will definately be at the rabbits with his culture next year. The only reason he's staying in melbourne is that souths cant fit him under the cap this year with arrow etc comming. He is simply biding time untill this can happen id be very suprised if he turns up at the dogs as we dont suit his culture i dont think he's a good fit for us. The reason i think R Smith is going to melb isnt because of JAC comming here but i think T Baz has told him that he wont be playing centre next year and he spat the dummy. Anyway just my thoughts cheers for inviting me onto the kennel its a real privalage
Reimis gone to make room for other signings
More to follow out the door, then we can announce recruits
Just my hunch