U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the problem with conspiracy theorists. In their minds, a lack of evidence is evidence.

My favourite response to a conspiracy theory I've seen is," these people aren't intelligent enough to understand how contrails work but they've somehow uncovered a conspiracy so well hidden that no one else can see it"
I know right. How dare conspiracy theorists question flat earthers!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at my last post with former governor of Minnesota.
Even he says politics is as real as wrestling!

I don’t mean to sound harsh but I kind of can’t wait for the boomers to become extinct.
You’d think time and age makes people wiser?
This isn’t entirely true for the boomer generation.
I'm a boomer, and I don't take offence at your wishes. You will be the older generation one day.

I've had a good life, and keep living a good one; and I don't do it at any cost to society because I pay my way. There is nothing that I take, that I haven't already contributed to. I use public transport when I can, have solar panels on my home, good shade trees, insulated the house, and generally keep a low carbon footprint. I keep my mind and body active.

I was involved in politics in my younger days, and know the inside and outside of how it works. Even ran polling places when I quit politics - so I have done everything from campaigning to scrutineering, and being a Returning Officer. I have friends on both sides of politics. I think that experience gives me an insight that some people don't have.

Does it make me wise? I am open to logical fact based arguments, and have changed my mind when the facts are convincing. However, I suport the Dogs, regardless, so maybe that precludes me from claiming to be wise.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So was trump rorted or not ? There does seem some suss shit that went on just hard to tell whats real and not these days

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a boomer, and I don't take offence at your wishes. You will be the older generation one day.

I've had a good life, and keep living a good one; and I don't do it at any cost to society because I pay my way. There is nothing that I take, that I haven't already contributed to. I use public transport when I can, have solar panels on my home, good shade trees, insulated the house, and generally keep a low carbon footprint. I keep my mind and body active.

I was involved in politics in my younger days, and know the inside and outside of how it works. Even ran polling places when I quit politics - so I have done everything from campaigning to scrutineering, and being a Returning Officer. I have friends on both sides of politics. I think that experience gives me an insight that some people don't have.

Does it make me wise? I am open to logical fact based arguments, and have changed my mind when the facts are convincing. However, I suport the Dogs, regardless, so maybe that precludes me from claiming to be wise.
I’ll probably end my own life before I get too old?
Don’t care what anyone thinks?
This planet sucks and getting old and withered sucks.

And with how stupid most people are to follow everything they’re told with a blindfold gives me even less desire to kick on!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So was trump rorted or not ? There does seem some suss shit that went on just hard to tell whats real and not these days
No. All Trump has done is to prove the validity of the election.

He is more concerned about where the money is going to come from, which is why he is keeping up the charade to milk his supporters for donation money. He is not as well off as he pretends to be. Losing the presidency takes away his immunity from financial lawsuits and losing all his assets.
His mate Vladimir Putin won't call off the outstanding Russian loans if he fails to get a second term.

His boast about "paying millions in taxes" refers to state taxes, and sales taxes - not income tax. Inland Revenue is waiting in the wings, and he doesn't get a presidential pardon from them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The guy is corrupt pure and simple who thinks he can do anything abd everything he wants. Hopefully the full impeachment report is released and he can face that as well.

Congrats Edwin Norton. I so hope they dont cut a deal wirh him. He will brag and boast about it yet still bemoan being a victim with no shame in inciting his cult followers forever more till the day he dies.

Shame on the Republicans. More pressure and accountability needs to fall their way as well.

Look at this petulant behaviour from the Presidential manbaby.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

PS I think the flat earth conspiracy is a conspiracy just in case someone busts a conspiracy it would make them look nuts.
I suits conspiracy theorists who want to believe that there are sinister forces controlling their lives - it excuses them having to get off their arses and do something useful. It also proves that no amount of evidence will convince someone who doesn't want to know.
It is also rooted in religion, for those who want to take the bible literally. Science threatens their belief.

Flat earthers have no model that is able to predict the seasons, or motion of the planets, sun, and moon. They spend their days using pseudo science and fancy sounding words to argue that the earth is not a globe; but until they can offer irrefutable proof that the earth is flat, and a map or model of that flat earth, they are not fooling anyone.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I suits conspiracy theorists who want to believe that there are sinister forces controlling their lives - it excuses them having to get off their arses and do something useful. It also proves that no amount of evidence will convince someone who doesn't want to know.
It is also rooted in religion, for those who want to take the bible literally. Science threatens their belief.

Flat earthers have no model that is able to predict the seasons, or motion of the planets, sun, and moon. They spend their days using pseudo science and fancy sounding words to argue that the earth is not a globe; but until they can offer irrefutable proof that the earth is flat, and a map or model of that flat earth, they are not fooling anyone.
I probably am considered a heretic because while I am a follower of Christ, I love science.

I believe God has given people the brain power to try to figure out his creation AND more importantly, the brain power to help the sick and disadvantage have a better life or even stay alive, I'm the perfect example of that.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I probably am considered a heretic because while I am a follower of Christ, I love science.

I believe God has given people the brain power to try to figure out his creation AND more importantly, the brain power to help the sick and disadvantage have a better life or even stay alive, I'm the perfect example of that.
That's not a heretic uso. That's a normal Christian. I am Catholic, I see the good that people have done in the name of the church but I also recognize the evil that has been done. IMO, blind faith is more damaging then no faith.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trump and Pence refusing to answer questions at press conferences and the silence from the Republican party make the French look tough. The cowardice on display is astounding.

If the Democrats want control of the Senate and House for the next four years, every time a Republican gets up to speak in either, point to the door and yell "LOOK OUT IT'S DONALD TRUMP", they'll shit themselves and run to the dunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.