Who's better? An expert or a professor?

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Expert: "X" is an unknown quantity and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.
Professor: Those who can't do, teach.

A Professor is someone who will go on about how it should be done, an expert is someone who will bang on about how it is going to be done.

Hmmm.. you may have technically won this round, though it seems you may need to get some letters, before or after, your name to visually represent your superiority?

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I worked alongside Professors at Uni for 25 years.

They are excellent at their chosen field.

However I found that when you take them out of their comfort zone in academia they are not that knowledgeable and aware of the rest of the universe and often lack general knowledge.

Consequently many work well past normal retirement age and have to be tapped on the shoulder when their time is up.

I have heard quite a few stories over the years about some that are absolutely lost and don't have a life in retirement.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a professor he don't cut his lawn too well. He also accused me of Lacing the soil with fuel.. (it was oil).. I denied throwing fuel in the soil bear the fence (it was oil).. what sort of professor is he? Can he change a light globe? Perform an oil change on his car?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a professor he don't cut his lawn too well. He also accused me of Lacing the soil with fuel.. (it was oil).. I denied throwing fuel in the soil bear the fence (it was oil).. what sort of professor is he? Can he change a light globe? Perform an oil change on his car?
Probably not since you tipped it all on the fence.