Opinion Brian Kelly

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thoughts on going after Brian Kelly as a target for 2022? He is off contract next year and with the Titans signing some big players recently (Tino, Fifita), potentially going for Smith and having players who will be demanding upgrades (Brimson, Fotuaika, Tonumaipea) they might have to start shedding players.

Kelly is honestly underrated, if he was a Queenslander he'd be playing origin this year. He's got pace, power and that bit of flair that our backline is sorely missing. He'd be perfect for us as we don't have anyone at left centre. I can't imagine him commanding a massive contract either.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has struggled with his defence however he improved this year.
He's far from the finished product but I'd be happy with this signing.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Madone. Playing origin. Fuck me dead. That’s a huge reach my friend. Mr Kelly is one of the worst defensive centres/backs in the comp. lead the missed tackles or was top 3 at one stage. As underboss at Canterbury I say no thanks. As uncle Paulie at the bar, I say fuck no

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts on going after Brian Kelly as a target for 2022? He is off contract next year and with the Titans signing some big players recently (Tino, Fifita), potentially going for Smith and having players who will be demanding upgrades (Brimson, Fotuaika, Tonumaipea) they might have to start shedding players.

Kelly is honestly underrated, if he was a Queenslander he'd be playing origin this year. He's got pace, power and that bit of flair that our backline is sorely missing. He'd be perfect for us as we don't have anyone at left centre. I can't imagine him commanding a massive contract either.
Didn't Tonumaipea go to union or something like that?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah nah. Good player but nothing U would break the bank for and pretty sure he is a gold coast junior isn't he?

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah nah. Good player but nothing U would break the bank for and pretty sure he is a gold coast junior isn't he?
Gold Coast junior, got an early release from his final year to play for Baz at the seagles. When Baz left he sort an early release from his final year to go back to Titans. Would make sense IF he wants to come back to play for Baz.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gold Coast junior, got an early release from his final year to play for Baz at the seagles. When Baz left he sort an early release from his final year to go back to Titans. Would make sense IF he wants to come back to play for Baz.
I didn't even know that, means it could make even more sense. If Barret was interested in him then, he would definately be interested in now after this year.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't even know that, means it could make even more sense. If Barret was interested in him then, he would definately be interested in now after this year.
Few rumours floating around, hasnt been talked about seriously but I believe MasterP and D-voice were eluding to Brian Kelly being a target. Could be completing misreading it on my part.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would probably rather stay home tbh... Especially if you are already playing your best footy for Holbrook.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He will be here by December.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly is a great player but it doesn’t make sense for him to leave the Titans now. He’s playing great footy and the players seem to enjoy playing for Holbrook.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nsw so fucking relaxed. QLD are a try away from winning and this game.