What's everyone do for work / make a living

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shit, that was my first job, I was a records worker for the NSW Government. I worked in an office, but we had thousands of record files. The worst was calling them back from the warehouse because some idiot wanted to read something in one file. Good thing now that everything is online.
Same with the Australian Railway Historical Society. We have been digitising all the railways records in our Archives for some years, thanks to our dedicated volunteers. Still working on the photo images - done 550,000 so far, with more than 250,000 to go. Most will be available online within the next 12 months.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to work for Shitty Rail too from 1999 to 2006 as a Station staff/Guard/Train driver..

Now driving trains For Qld Rail..
My mate, Ken Fairbairn drives for QR. The Gulflander, up in Normanton.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Same with the Australian Railway Historical Society. We have been digitising all the railways records in our Archives for some years, thanks to our dedicated volunteers. Still working on the photo images - done 550,000 so far, with more than 250,000 to go. Most will be available online within the next 12 months.
Where I am now we've got an external vendor in Marrickville who are in the process of doing the scanning and digitising for us. They won the contract on this case. What it means is that the records in the office will be put online, then the compactuses removed to put more workstations in, and the files at GRR will be destroyed meaning we won't have to pay rent for them anymore.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Awesome. Heaven and Hell - love the Dio vocals, Iommi lead guitar and Geezer Butler's bass on that track. First got into Black Sabbath when my big cousin had some vinyl back in the 70s - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and self titled Black Sabbath. I was pretty young and thought it was pretty evil and so on (which I guess it was for back then). Later years all time favourite album (Dio era) was Mob Rules. Love the whole album but especially the guitar right at the end - Tony Iommi on "Over and Over" just keeps going and going. Those were the good old days for sure. Some of the Dio solo stuff is pretty cool too - like Holy Diver and Sacred Heart.
Heaven And Hell, what a fucken cracker of a song! Love it. Especially the killer bass, drum and guitar bit just before "they say that life's a carousel, spinning fast ya better ride it well......." and Tony's solo after it. Legendary stuff. Definitely in the top 5 Sabbath songs of any era.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The guy I caught cheating was a 4th year physio. He jammed some notes with his student number on them in a garbage bin inside the disabled toilet. He went to the toilet 4 times during the exam and he wasn't disabled but used that cubicle on all 4 occasions even when the others were not being used.

After he went the 3rd time I told the lady in charge I was suspicious and i went to the toilet investigated and found the notes.

I checked the student number on them against the list of students doing the exam and they were his 100%.

When he went the fourth time I heard the ruffling of the plastic bin bag and he was in and out there quick. I showed him the notes which were in my pocket. He denied they were his notes and went back in the room to a vacant seat where the exam papers had been collected. We called the course co ordinator and she took him and all the evidence to her office. I was called to a meeting after my afternoon exam that day to give my evidence. He was kicked out of uni.

As for the Campus closing soon. It has been on the agenda for 10 or more years. It is on aboriginal land that has to be given back. I was hoping it would happen around 2015 to 2016 so I could retire on a redundancy. With 25 years service that would have been a years pay.

The new building at main campus will be a multi storey. Bosch and Blackburn buildings were demolished to build the new building.
Wow 4th year, almost graduation

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wond
Yes mate that's what makes it even more difficult to fathom.
Maybe he was thinking about getting a job and thought distinctions would look good on his resume?
I wonder if he was able to continue on at another uni? He may have had to repeat the year?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
State Transit Authority for the next year or so until we get privatised.

After that your guess is as good as mine.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw I do nothing at the moment. Not even a dole bludger. I might see if I can get a job as one of those bullshit covid marshalls and go and play make believe like the rest of you who are suckered in by this scamdemic!

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to be in Telco and IT Sales, but the Company i worked for lost the contract to sell the products i was selling, so i am now unemployed

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wond

Maybe he was thinking about getting a job and thought distinctions would look good on his resume?
I wonder if he was able to continue on at another uni? He may have had to repeat the year?
The penalties for cheating are quite severe.

Students are informed of this both at enrolment and orientation.

He cannot repeat the year as the uni does not allow him to re enrol because of the cheating.

As for continuing on at another uni. He would have to start again. Reason being his new uni would ask him for a copy of his academic transcript showing which subjects he has passed. That document would indicate that he was caught cheating so any new uni would refuse his enrolment.

He has one option. Start from scratch and not let the cat out of the bag as to what happened previously.