Opinion Josh Mansour

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No more info for the dickheads on the forum.

Only the close and reliable members via PM.

P.s To the clown administrator who changed the news to opinion, you can shove the opinion up your clacker you special breed!
I never said anything Dex. Let me in on the goss please . All info is good.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, since all the info has stopped- I'm going to take a wild stab at what's going on behind the scenes.

So.... what I think from all the info that's been shared is this

We have a verbal agreement with

Matt Burton & Brent Naden.

The reason they haven't been announced or finalised as yet is as simple as these few points...

As they are both contracted for 2021 with Penrith, we must be pushing hard to have them released for 2021 to us.
If we were simply looking to have them both on board from 2022 & beyond, then announcing their signatures probably would have happened by now as there are no restrictions for 2022.
This is a good thing as it tells me we are certainly planning to have them for next season......YIPPEE!!!

Further to all this, in order of preference to Penrith, Burton sits behind Luai & Naden sits behind Crichton.

So, before Penrith allow either Burton & or Naden to be released from their contract early, they want to ensure that they have both signatures of Luai & Crichton to long term contracts as they are both off contractfor 2022.

As both Luai & Crichton are in the origin camp, they have both agreed to new terms with Penrith, but won't physically sign their new deals until they leave the Blues camp. If either of them fail to commit then Penrith will hold onto their fall-back plan keeping them for next year & negotiate hard for a new contract.

Anyway, that's how I'm reading it.

I can't wait until origin is over.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Re Naden, I think his biggest asset is enthusiasm, he wants to be involved and he celebrates the little wins within a game. You can see when someone scores or comes up with a solid hit or great play, that he is the first one in celebrating and getting his team mates excited. That energy can do wonders for a team.

ramonesdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Re Naden, I think his biggest asset is enthusiasm, he wants to be involved and he celebrates the little wins within a game. You can see when someone scores or comes up with a solid hit or great play, that he is the first one in celebrating and getting his team mates excited. That energy can do wonders for a team.
This.

Naden would be a big loss to the Panthers but you'd suspect what happened to him in the finals series will be playing on his mind in relation to his next contract

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, since all the info has stopped- I'm going to take a wild stab at what's going on behind the scenes.

The reason they haven't been announced or finalised as yet is as simple as these few points...

As they are both contracted for 2021 with Penrith, we must be pushing hard to have them released for 2021 to us.
If we were simply looking to have them both on board from 2022 & beyond, then announcing their signatures probably would have happened by now as there are no restrictions for 2022.
This is a good thing as it tells me we are certainly planning to have them for next season......YIPPEE!!!

Further to all this, in order of preference to Penrith, Burton sits behind Luai & Naden sits behind Crichton.

So, before Penrith allow either Burton & or Naden to be released from their contract early, they want to ensure that they have both signatures of Luai & Crichton to long term contracts as they are both off contractfor 2022.

As both Luai & Crichton are in the origin camp, they have both agreed to new terms with Penrith, but won't physically sign their new deals until they leave the Blues camp. If either of them fail to commit then Penrith will hold onto their fall-back plan keeping them for next year & negotiate hard for a new contract.

0973CEBC-C623-43EE-A9BC-999830F3D815.jpeg

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well pieced together..hope you are right!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
No more info for the dickheads on the forum.

Only the close and reliable members via PM.

P.s To the clown administrator who changed the news to opinion, you can shove the opinion up your clacker you special breed!
Pls pls pls add me to your list I won’t say shit to no one.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Naden I believe he would be a great get for the Dogs!!! Young. fit, strong and unlike Remis he can cover both center and wing. I think Brent would be a solid player for us.
Agree on fielders solid. But off field a little loose could be more trouble than worth