Consolidated Josh Addo Carr Thread

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They asked him on nine news. Weed asked have you signed heads of agreement and he said No.

Seems like a wank signing a heads of agreement. I dont exactly know how binding it is or anything but if wests wont release Nofa they cant sign him.

Waste of time. Double up our money for 2022 on a hooker. Someone mentioned it before about offering grant 1 mill. We should do that, better then 1 mill on foran

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think JAC now considering remaining at the Storm for 1 more season may be part of a deal with Barrett. Remember Barrett said the negotiation was complicated. I don't think we can afford both a hooker like Grant / B Smith AND JAC for 2021. Priority has to be a hooker. Plus it's reported we are offering Burton decent money (around 500K) also and we'll be hoping to get him early for 2021.

If Cam Smith retires or moves to the Titans Grant will likely remain at the Storm as he would be first choice hooker. We could only get Grant if Cam plays on at the Storm as Grant from what I've read is the only one with a clause in his contract allowing him to get out if Cam remains at the Storm. B Smith may or may not stick around at the Storm but he is contracted to stay apparently so the Storm would have to agree to let him go. If JAC is waiting for us to be able to afford him for 2022 then I hope he actually signs a contract now for 2022 and it's announced officially.

If we can afford a top hooker for 2021 and Burton (if he comes early) and there's enough left over I think we should sign Corey Allen for 1- 2 years then get JAC for 2022 plus replace Hopa with Stephen Crichton or Staggs. Averillo is not a sure thing at fullback yet. He hasn't played 1 game in the NRL in that position. I have my doubts he's tough enough yet to take a belting when catching bombs. Averillo might be a great number 14 as he can cover any position in the backline virtually and could cause havoc if bought on when the defense is tired.

If Reimis Smith is the only thing holding up the swap with JAC though then that's a bit ridiculous. If he wants to become a better player he should jump at the chance to join the premiers even if it involves moving to Melbourne.

If we ended up with this backline for 2022 it would be terrific. If JAC is a failure at fullback swap him with Allen.

1 JAC
2 Jayden Okunbor
3 Nick Cotric
4 Stephen Crichton / Katoni Staggs
5 Corey Allen / Jake Averillo
6 Matt Burton
7 Kyle Flanagan
It’s obvious that JAC is stalling and prepared to move to Sydney in 2922 knowing that by this stage the rabbits would have freed up enough funds to sign him....he isn’t coming to the dogs....his been playing us the fool

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading his actual quotes makes me think what we said earlier is accurate.

Z grade journalism. He clearly still wants to return to Sydney and it’s just about $.

Signed nothing with tigers. Hopefully we fucking make it happen! Genuinely believe he can make it at fullback and be that x factor we have lacked since barba.

Cmon doggies lock down jac and burton!!!
Yes please make it happen...

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This JAC is starting to shit me
Piss or get of the pot

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weed asked have you signed heads of agreement and he said No.
There was quite a bit of thought before he said No.

I'm with many of the others - his manager is playing with us.

The club needs to publically cut ties now, take the offer off the table and show that we are not going to be fucked around with.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"I haven't really spoken to my manager since the start of the finals."
This is really problematic. The newspaper rumours about him maybe sticking out his last year at Strom have to have come from somewhere, and if they are coming from his manager it means this is a complete circus again. You have to wonder if it is good for JAC too, given a number of clubs have spent time and money crunching figures, talking to some of their own players about going to Melbourne, and who knows what else. If all of that effort is suddenly made worthless because JAC changes his mind, he is going to find it harder in future to get clubs to listen to him. It could also effect the size of future offers coming his way.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the players we have signed and are hoping to sign are young, on the up and keen for opportunity and value for money.JAC has only ever stated his love for Souths and the Storm. Hope the club makes an offer, puts a deadline on it and either we get him or move on.
any offer for JAC should involve a player swap with Lewis + Wakeham. Bargain 2 for the price of 1.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst I'm sure he'd be a gun, he's also a mercenary.

Let's not pretend this family excuse is real for one second.. Its the simplest way to break a contract and get a pay rise (remember Ben Hannent / Ben Barba / Milford).

The storm being the ***** they are tho didn't bow to his request (wish we had balls still in this regard).

Footy careers are short and he's probably on a wingers wage at the storm. His stock is at its peak so it's time to cash in.

Hope we either leave our current offer (max 400/600k range and not rock star fullback pay) and set a time limit. If he doesn't accept it by mid November its time to move on.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking at the Tigers roster, they are already paying 3.3 mil for 4 players, if they signed JAC for a mil , that would be 4.3 mil for 5 players almost half of the 9.9 mil cap. The minimum wage for anyone in the top 30 is $115000 , that’s Another 2.875 mil if they if the remaining 25 were on minimum wage, which they wouldn’t be. There is just no way they could afford JAC and remain salary cap compliant without releasing more players . I don’t know how Souths aren’t over the cap with the team they already have unless there’s some book cookery going on. So JAC can’t go there either.I think we should make a “take it or leave it” offer to the fox that expires Friday. If he doesn’t accept it puts us in a stronger position to be able to get BSmith across next year. And if they won’t release Smith then we throw money at Jerome Hughes who is available 2022 which again puts pressure On Melbourne. And if Burton doesn’t want to join us or Penrith won’t release him I reckon we make an offer to Luai who is also available in 2022 to try and force their hand too. Otherwise we might miss out on everyone.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly I see just as much potential upside with Cory Allen as JAC playing fullback. I recall Bennett when asked if that was Souths gone when Mitchell got hurt he remarked not at all...we have an able replacement in C Allen who has good footy nouse can run and pass and catch the high ball. Allen was very effective at the end of the year so if he's available I'd be having a go at him. He just seems less potential trouble than JAC.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the Tigers roster, they are already paying 3.3 mil for 4 players, if they signed JAC for a mil , that would be 4.3 mil for 5 players almost half of the 9.9 mil cap. The minimum wage for anyone in the top 30 is $115000 , that’s Another 2.875 mil if they if the remaining 25 were on minimum wage, which they wouldn’t be. There is just no way they could afford JAC and remain salary cap compliant without releasing more players . I don’t know how Souths aren’t over the cap with the team they already have unless there’s some book cookery going on. So JAC can’t go there either.I think we should make a “take it or leave it” offer to the fox that expires Friday. If he doesn’t accept it puts us in a stronger position to be able to get BSmith across next year. And if they won’t release Smith then we throw money at Jerome Hughes who is available 2022 which again puts pressure On Melbourne. And if Burton doesn’t want to join us or Penrith won’t release him I reckon we make an offer to Luai who is also available in 2022 to try and force their hand too. Otherwise we might miss out on everyone.
Souths are getting rid of Roberts and Cory to make way for JAC

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souths are getting rid of Roberts and Cory to make way for JAC
Assuming anyone wants Roberts for 500k or he goes to Rusty’s “special” Doctor ,otherwise Souths would still be paying for him from their cap I think.