Consolidated Josh Addo Carr Thread

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first position we should have filled was the hooker. Personally I recn we should jump on mccines
100%, he is such a whole heart performer!
Lots here mention the Pom Clarke(?), don't know anything about him as an alternative...

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think what's happened is Roberts has breached his contract, they've terminated his deal but aren't saying that publicly and are making it seem like a mutual termination so that Roberts has a better chance of getting another deal elsewhere.

If Souths told the full story and extent of Roberts' transgressions, then it would be a media circus and no club would go near him.
Agree. Why would he walk out on a $500,000 contract without already having another club lined up, plus he is becoming more injury prone which would be even more reason for him to stay where he is to collect possibly his last big earn of his carerr. A lot more to this than meets the eye I think

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100%, he is such a whole heart performer!
Lots here mention the Pom Clarke(?), don't know anything about him as an alternative...
I’m all for Cameron too. Should have picked up him this season when he couldn’t even get the 9 jersey in front of hunt.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we don’t get jac, who’s the next best option?
If we don't get JAC I think we go all out for Staggs with Hoppas money plus any top up needed for 2022.
JAC would be nice but we have plenty of options at fullback and wing if we miss out on him but with Hoppa being off contract next year, go after Staggs hard and then our backline will have a definite top 4 look about it

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It should be both! Addo carr here with cotric Flanagan and hopefully burton would make it much more attractive for staggs.

It’s not like it’s effecting 2022 as hoppa is here next year so use his plus whatever needed from Napa’s to make it work...

Jac/Jake whoever earns it
Jac/okonbor
Staggs
Cotric
Okonbor/Dwz
Burton
Flanagan

Then Dwz goes year after if his shit isn’t sorted back To 2019 Form.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would JAC actually be worth it? No-one knows if hed transition to fullback if that was the option. Its a gamble. If its wing its still overs because youd think hed play for less at Souths. Youd think theyed be an easy top 8 side next year.
So if hes wing with us, is it value for money.

Im not in the "Id let Baz turkey slap me" camp but I think its reasonable to expect some of our current squad to improve as 2021 rolls on.
I dont want to hate on Pay but surely Trent offers more.
He may flop harder the Anthony Seibold for all we know and JAC will return fuck all and be a bigger mess.

Im in no way playing down Baz's signing, Im looking forward to our next chapter.

I just dont think throwing big money at Jac right now is a good option but I have no idea of our cap moving forward to 2022 and potential strike players on the horizon eg - Hooker etc.

DirtyDog72

Waterboy
Reaction score
Melbourne Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr may not be leaving the 2020 NRL Premiership winners after all.

Addo-Carr is contracted with the Storm for another year but this season he expressed his desire to move back to Sydney to be closer to family. The Bulldogs, the Rabbitohs and Wests Tigers are the top clubs that are in the mix to sign the speedster.

Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr in action during his team's preliminary final win over Canberra. (Getty)
However now it's been reported that Addo-Carr may be staying put in Melbourne and see out the end of his NRL contract with the club, though he has an "agreement" with the Wests Tigers.

"Following the grand final win Josh Addo-Carr has told his manager Mario Tartak that he in open to staying with the Storm for another season," Nine NRL reporter Danny Weidler tweeted on Sunday.

"He does have a heads of agreement with Tigers. Preference is to come home staying put an option again."

Despite months of speculation about Addo-Carr's exit from Melbourne, no club has officially sealed a deal with him or the Storm.

Addo-Carr is currently in NSW camp ahead of the State of Origin opener in Adelaide this week. He has been eyeing a move from the wing to fullback in the NRL and has been backed by Blues coach Brad Fittler to make a successful position shift.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh mansour has been told to look around for 2021! Local boy thoughts?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh mansour has been told to look around for 2021! Local boy thoughts?
No, his heart will always be with the Panthers and if he switches clubs we will never see the best of him and would be purely for the money and a job.

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Fox made it perfectly clear he is leaving the Storm

that article by Crawley is confusing af and he probably wrote it while drunk

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think JAC now considering remaining at the Storm for 1 more season may be part of a deal with Barrett. Remember Barrett said the negotiation was complicated. I don't think we can afford both a hooker like Grant / B Smith AND JAC for 2021. Priority has to be a hooker. Plus it's reported we are offering Burton decent money (around 500K) also and we'll be hoping to get him early for 2021.

If Cam Smith retires or moves to the Titans Grant will likely remain at the Storm as he would be first choice hooker. We could only get Grant if Cam plays on at the Storm as Grant from what I've read is the only one with a clause in his contract allowing him to get out if Cam remains at the Storm. B Smith may or may not stick around at the Storm but he is contracted to stay apparently so the Storm would have to agree to let him go. If JAC is waiting for us to be able to afford him for 2022 then I hope he actually signs a contract now for 2022 and it's announced officially.

If we can afford a top hooker for 2021 and Burton (if he comes early) and there's enough left over I think we should sign Corey Allen for 1- 2 years then get JAC for 2022 plus replace Hopa with Stephen Crichton or Staggs. Averillo is not a sure thing at fullback yet. He hasn't played 1 game in the NRL in that position. I have my doubts he's tough enough yet to take a belting when catching bombs. Averillo might be a great number 14 as he can cover any position in the backline virtually and could cause havoc if bought on when the defense is tired.

If Reimis Smith is the only thing holding up the swap with JAC though then that's a bit ridiculous. If he wants to become a better player he should jump at the chance to join the premiers even if it involves moving to Melbourne.

If we ended up with this backline for 2022 it would be terrific. If JAC is a failure at fullback swap him with Allen.

1 JAC
2 Jayden Okunbor
3 Nick Cotric
4 Stephen Crichton / Katoni Staggs
5 Corey Allen / Jake Averillo
6 Matt Burton
7 Kyle Flanagan

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No chance of Crichton, he is resigning for 3 years, thats why mansour is being squeezed out.
It makes no sense to sign allen, when we could have signed johnston a month ago
Remis would initially be based at sunny coast with melb next year if he went there.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No chance of Crichton, he is resigning for 3 years, thats why mansour is being squeezed out.
It makes no sense to sign allen, when we could have signed johnston a month ago
Remis would initially be based at sunny coast with melb next year if he went there.
Panthers have a handshake agreement apparently for 500K but it hasn't been signed and now he's free to talk to other clubs so you never know. Why hasn't he signed already ? If they shed Mansour maybe they can bump it up a little but I think Barrett should make a real play for him to replace Hopa for 2022 plus we have his brother on our books already and his former assistant coach.

I think we should have signed Johnston actually but people were hesitant about signing him as a potential fullback. Isn't Allen a more experienced fullback ? He would be cheaper also.

Reimis should consider himself fortunate if the Storm are interested in him at all. He has to have a great shot at first grade if 1 or both Storm wingers leave.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Addo-Carr denies Wests Tigers agreement

Blues winger Josh Addo-Carr says he hasn't spoken with his manager about his contract "since the start of the finals" amid reports he could stay at Melbourne in 2021.

The game's fastest man also denied signing a non-binding, heads of agreement to join Wests Tigers if he does return to Sydney for family reasons next season.

Addo-Carr has long sought a release from the final year of his Storm contract on compassionate grounds and the club agreed to let him go on the proviso they receive player compensation.

According to a NewsCorp report on Sunday, Addo-Carr was now considering helping Melbourne defend their title and negotiating a rival deal from 2022, potentially attracting more suitors.

Addo-Carr, who has also been linked to the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs, was able to begin formal negotiations on November 1.

He praised the influence of his agent, Mario Tartak, but said he had "no update" to provide on his playing future.

"My manager's told me just focus on what's happening today and that's being in this Origin side and just really focusing on what I have to do for the team," he said at Morry Breen Oval in Wyong.

"I haven't really spoken to my manager since the start of the finals."

Asked whether he holds a heads of agreement with the Tigers, Addo-Carr paused before answering: "No. Like I said, man, my manager's sorting everything off-field and I'm not too fussed about it."

The 25-year-old reaffirmed that family circumstances are driving him to depart Melbourne. He said contract matters haven't distracted him ahead of Wednesday's State of Origin opener in Adelaide.

"Everyone knows my wishes and that ... I've got a good support base behind me in the Storm, in my manager, my family, in these boys here [in NSW camp]," he said.

"I'm not too fussed about the outside noise going on … I just want to play some good footy for the Blues. That's all I'm focusing on."

Addo-Carr's wish to play fullback has reportedly been a secondary motivator in his desire to find a new home.

But he said "it doesn't really bother me" on Monday, joking: "I'm a front-rower, bra. I'm a front-rower in a winger's body. I'll play wherever."

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
After reading his actual quotes makes me think what we said earlier is accurate.

Z grade journalism. He clearly still wants to return to Sydney and it’s just about $.

Signed nothing with tigers. Hopefully we fucking make it happen! Genuinely believe he can make it at fullback and be that x factor we have lacked since barba.

Cmon doggies lock down jac and burton!!!

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As great of an idea it would be for us to sign JAC, the longer this takes the more it smells like Latrell 2.0. You can’t hold your price up high if there’s no bidders. Sounds as though it’s tigers and dogs sitting on a number. Rabbits are probably now in the hunt as the ‘number’ is probably less than initially suggested. Reality is if these 3 clubs all offer the same amount and he really wants to come to Sydney then he’ll go with Souths. He definitely won’t be playing fullback if he stays in Melbourne

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading his actual quotes makes me think what we said earlier is accurate.

Z grade journalism. He clearly still wants to return to Sydney and it’s just about $.

Signed nothing with tigers. Hopefully we fucking make it happen! Genuinely believe he can make it at fullback and be that x factor we have lacked since barba.

Cmon doggies lock down jac and burton!!!
Going by what Baz said the other week on radio his initial thoughts were to play him on wing but during the game there would be times when we played with 2 fullbacks. Similar to what St Merge used to do with Blacklock back in the day.

So he would be be a hybrid between a winger and a fullback which I think is the smart move. You would want him trailing the forwards looking for offloads and then maybe use him on certain set moves. I dont think he has the ball playing ability to play there full time

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dunno what to believe.... could be a Queenslander trying to piss off Fittler, or maybe Ado Carr concerned his ongoing contract saga will piss off Fittler.

I’m just concerned because Ado Carr hasn’t exactly been able to follow rules earlier in the year, and now he is just covering.