Official Bulldogs sign former All Blacks coach Steve Hansen

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In an amazing coup for the Bulldogs, former All Blacks Head Coach Steve Hansen has agreed to work with the club as a High Performance Consultant.

Hansen has had an incredible coaching career that started with the Crusaders in New Zealand, before moving on to the Head Coaching role with the Welsh National side between 2002-04. During his time in charge of Wales, Hansen took them to the quarter-final of the 2003 World Cup, before taking on the role of Assistant Coach of the All Blacks under Graham Henry.

The All Blacks experienced extended success during this period, culminating in winning the 2011 World Cup against France on home soil at Eden Park in Auckland.

With Henry departing after the World Cup, Hansen took on the Head Coaching role and New Zealand entered a period of unprecedented success that included going unbeaten throughout 2013, before retaining the World Cup in 2015, after defeating Australia at Twickenham in London.

Hansen continued to coach with outstanding success all the way through to the 2019 World Cup, which saw New Zealand bow out in the semi-finals.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was delighted that the club would be able to learn from someone of Steve Hansen's pedigree and background :

'Being able to bring Steve Hansen on board as a High Performance Consultant with the club is tremendous news for everyone associated with the Bulldogs as he is one of the most highly respected figures throughout all of sports.

Steve will work closely with our Coaching and Management staff, in addition to our Players Leadership Group.

To be able to have someone with Steve's record and background work with our staff and players will be a great asset to our club.

He was responsible for being a major driving force behind one of the most successful sporting brands in history and his knowledge and thoughts on areas such as leadership, high performance, preparation and team ethic will be invaluable to our club as we look to create the right environment for success, on and off the field.

Steve has already developed a relationship with Trent Barrett, after Trent spent some time with the All Blacks in recent seasons and we believe that his knowledge and insights will be of tremendous benefit moving forward."

Brilliant

Now anyone who tugs at nasheeds little white dick in regards to his troll oil - why didnt the comedian blowarse know about this?

Che

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is the biggest news in our clubs recent history (say last 20 years).
I'm a staunch all blacks supporter and this guy is the coach we have ever had.
He only left the job last year and is fresh.
There is no better coach in world rugby this guy is nothing short of a genius.
He will attract not only players but all so sponsor's. Mark my words this guy is nothing short of a God in union circles.
Get very excited this man is unbelievable.
There is nothing as a coach in rugby he didn't win.(except the last world cup)though he did win 2.
Indeed, if you take into account Hansen's entire 15-year oeuvre for the All Blacks since joining Henry's coaching staff in 2004, he has been involved in 209 tests, winning 180 and losing 25, with four draws, while winning two World Cups, 11 Tri-Nations/Rugby Championships and 16 Bledisloe

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the biggest news in our clubs recent history (say last 20 years).
I'm a staunch all blacks supporter and this guy is the coach we have ever had.
He only left the job last year and is fresh.
There is no better coach in world rugby this guy is nothing short of a genius.
He will attract not only players but all so sponsor's. Mark my words this guy is nothing short of a God in union circles.
Get very excited this man is unbelievable.
There is nothing as a coach in rugby he didn't win.(except the last world cup)though he did win 2.
Indeed, if you take into account Hansen's entire 15-year oeuvre for the All Blacks since joining Henry's coaching staff in 2004, he has been involved in 209 tests, winning 180 and losing 25, with four draws, while winning two World Cups, 11 Tri-Nations/Rugby Championships and 16 Bledisloe
I don’t think his role is going to be that hands on where he will be at Belmore every day. He will be more a coach for Tbaz. It will be great for our coaches but I don’t think he will be doing much else besides that.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Huge.... culturally there aren’t too many organisations in the world on the level of the all blacks and this man was at the head of that for quite a few years. This is extremely significant for not only our team but the bulldogs brand in general.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just a small step up from Steve James
Steve James? He was the skills coach... high performance consultant is a completely different gig. Comparing the two roles is like saying that bringing Mark Bouris in as your CEO is a big step up from having Kelly from the Tele on your reception desk, apples and oranges.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barrett's not wasting a second with this opportunity. You can tell right back from that NRL 360 interview that lessons were learned from his time at Manly. He had me in the bandwagon from that moment.

This signing has come out of nowhere and I'm fucking stoked! This is signing of the decade shit right here. What we see here is a coach that's willing to have smarter and better people around him. That takes real balls, but also shows he's aware he can't do this on his own.

Pheonixss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is a great signing. I have next to no knowledge of union but i do know how massive Steve Hansen is in NZ and how important he was to the AB’s.