Consolidated Josh Addo Carr Thread

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If the buns get JAC without relinquishing a player, unless there are some bad injuries, someone who should be playing first grade will be missing out. For 2021 in the backs they have:

Latrell, Johnson, Corey Allan, Braidon Burns, Gaychap, Graham, Jaxson, Marsters. And Jimmy is still on their books contract-wise.

Nine doesn't fit into 5, let alone make sense for the cap. Johnson was re-signed on unders because of cap restraints, and who knows what is happening with Mitchell for next season. If they get JAC that's 10 backs, most of whom would walk into a first grade team elsewhere.

Reckon someone like Allan or Burns might be worth getting into the blue and white?
Allen has been told to look around and they trying to offload Roberts also

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can understand why people are keen on keeping Smith, but I just get the sense that he is gone so far as blue and white is concerned. There were loads of reasons not to turn up this season, but players with nothing to gain turned up and worked hard. Smith had a big chance to show something at centre where apparently he wants to be and he didn't even turn up.

I sense that he needs a chance of scenery if he is to have any chance of getting into the right headspace.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Allen has been told to look around and they trying to offload Roberts also
1. Allan 2. Naden 3. Cotric 4. Hoppa 5. DWZ, with Averillo as supersub, Meaney and Crichton as cover, and Okonbur to come back from injury halfway through the season

Its getting there...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I can understand why people are keen on keeping Smith, but I just get the sense that he is gone so far as blue and white is concerned. There were loads of reasons not to turn up this season, but players with nothing to gain turned up and worked hard. Smith had a big chance to show something at centre where apparently he wants to be and he didn't even turn up.

I sense that he needs a chance of scenery if he is to have any chance of getting into the right headspace.
I'm not a Smith fan tbh as I think his attitude is zero. That being said I'm less of a fan of us giving away a player purely because it help JAC go to the brutherhood, Souths and everyone else. We pay a little extra for a Mansauce or Naden for a minor upgrade, everyone else get's a better deal and we have less money. Wasted shopping IMO. Save the money, play Smith in reggies if need be and wait for a better deal or player.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hearing the fox is probably going to souths which hinges on the bulldogs signing an outside back from the panthers to replace reimis who is going to melbourne, if that happens souths will release roberts to newcastle
source???

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Naden is a pretty like for like replacement with Smith, defenitely a little more explosive and elusive so probably a better option at centre.
Yeah but we went from talking about JAC to Naden and helping Souths get him? Fuk that and fuk JAC!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hearing the fox is probably going to souths which hinges on the bulldogs signing an outside back from the panthers to replace reimis who is going to melbourne, if that happens souths will release roberts to newcastle
This is becoming a circus with the Fox. Its all a plan from his management to stall negotiations until the rabbits can get rid of roberts and make room to fit in him. Mark my words. watch the rabbis swoop!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Filthy that we are going to lose Reimis.

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I spoke to a player from one of the two other interested clubs (Souths & Tigers) last Friday who's been in touch with JAC. Jac wants to go to Souths if they can find a way to fit him in the cap. Don't shoot the messenger just telling you what the player told me..

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
JAC wants to go to whichever club gives him the most $$&

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Smells more and more like Lattrell every day. JAC can go TROT somewhere else. We dont desperately need wingers as we have a few (Okunbor, DWZ, Smith) that might play better under the new coaching team. Hopa and Cotric in the centres. We are covered for forwards except for one more tough ball playing front rower and we now have an actual No.7 to build a partnership with Averillo. Throw the bloody sink at old mate Cheese...

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question- how can he be a skilful lock when he has no skills ?
Well we won't know unless Barrett gives him a chance. Will be interesting to see if his game improves under Barrett - obviously in a non halves capacity.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is becoming a circus with the Fox. Its all a plan from his management to stall negotiations until the rabbits can get rid of roberts and make room to fit in him. Mark my words. watch the rabbis swoop!
Circus like alright will be pissed off if this is true(who would know SO many bloody different rumours ffs)and it happens more So if we get Mansour!! Not fussed about Reimis but fuck helping these other clubs do dodgy deals and all we get is a 31 yo "used to be" :rage:

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Smith is a better winger than centre, we should keep him , let JAC go...we dont need him.