Shute Shield Grand Final

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wooodies!

Sorry. Getting excited. Now days it's rare one of my teams makes it.

Rugby Union Shute Shield Grand Final is Eastwood vs Gordon. I fully expect Wooodies to get smashed but they made it after an extra time thriller against Norths today.

Grand Final is next Saturday.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Annnnnnnnd Eastwood suck.

6 minutes left, Gordon winning 21-8

Game over.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Hope we have some scouts at the game.
it's an amateur comp with some talent

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Wooodies!

Sorry. Getting excited. Now days it's rare one of my teams makes it.

Rugby Union Shute Shield Grand Final is Eastwood vs Gordon. I fully expect Wooodies to get smashed but they made it after an extra time thriller against Norths today.

Grand Final is next Saturday.
Never knew you were a keen CR fan but good on Gordon.

My old boss was a big rats fan - even when they were dead last he used to go to every game. They've climbed a few places since then it seems.

Anyway he asked who I follow in RU and I told him (even though I'm not a big fan) The Tahs. He said "No... in club rugby" and I told him I'm from Canterbury... no teams represent my area so I don't follow it. He said "Yeah... Southern Districts" :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: I told him "I'm not from the Shire"....

Gold old days.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never knew you were a keen CR fan but good on Gordon.

My old boss was a big rats fan - even when they were dead last he used to go to every game. They've climbed a few places since then it seems.

Anyway he asked who I follow in RU and I told him (even though I'm not a big fan) The Tahs. He said "No... in club rugby" and I told him I'm from Canterbury... no teams represent my area so I don't follow it. He said "Yeah... Southern Districts" :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: I told him "I'm not from the Shire"....

Gold old days.
We used to live a 2 minute walk from the Eastwood Rugby Union field (TG Milner field)

They've lost the field now due to cutbacks. They ended up moving to some of their games to Box Hill which is not even remotely near Eastwood. But they were thinking of moving some games to Bankstown

Wahesh

Reaction score
We used to live a 2 minute walk from the Eastwood Rugby Union field (TG Milner field)

They've lost the field now due to cutbacks. They ended up moving to some of their games to Box Hill which is not even remotely near Eastwood. But they were thinking of moving some games to Bankstown
Bankstown? Gee's, that's even worse. They're better off stay at Box Hill. Surely there's some grounds closer to Eastwood they can use?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bankstown? Gee's, that's even worse. They're better off stay at Box Hill. Surely there's some grounds closer to Eastwood they can use?
None they can afford.

Wahesh

Reaction score
None they can afford.
The ARU should be doing more to help these clubs. Remember (I think) 2007 when they had the ARC and then cancelled it that same year? They didn't even give the competition a chance. A new competition like that needs to be promoted better (like the A-League was) and given a good 5-10 years to prosper.