Is there a market for a 1997 Bulldogs jersey?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I have a 1997 Suoer league Bulldogs jersey similar to the one the bulldogs wore. No sponsors but.
Bought it from Nike outlet store when I first got into league, longer than most people can remember.

I remember seeing them go for a few hundred on EBay a few years back. Lot of heritage yo.
Just wondering if I sold it what type of interest there is for it?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I have a 1997 Suoer league Bulldogs jersey similar to the one the bulldogs wore. No sponsors but.
Bought it from Nike outlet store when I first got into league, longer than most people can remember.

I remember seeing them go for a few hundred on EBay a few years back. Lot of heritage yo.
Just wondering if I sold it what type of interest there is for it?
No sponsors on SL jerseys from memory...

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sponsors on superleague jerseys are extremely rare and hard to find. When on eBay they go for more then $500

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sponsors on superleague jerseys are extremely rare and hard to find. When on eBay they go for more then $500
I can't remember our sponsor in SL, who was it?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like a cheap Photoshop tbh
It basically is they do dodgy screen prints in China and advertise them as authentic jerseys. That ones pretty easy to spot because the Nike isn’t embroidered and it’s in the wrong place plus the Superleague logo is a badge.

The market for old jerseys had exploded in the last year or two. Its almost too expensive to collect them now.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played the year with both sponsorship versions. The first one in italics I think was difficult to read so the club went for the plain capital letters as the season went. Telstra badge I think were all sewn on top as they also had the world club challenge also

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly out of all the jersey polos hoodies and jumpers I own the only top I like is my HFC Finance Jersey is the only worthwhile one for me at least. Just the history behind that Jersey is the most important to me and just looks good.
bulldogs-hfc-retro2-3.jpg
Can't beat it...

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly out of all the jersey polos hoodies and jumpers I own the only top I like is my HFC Finance Jersey is the only worthwhile one for me at least. Just the history behind that Jersey is the most important to me and just looks good.
That was the first 'Dogs jersey available to the public at the time which had sponsors - it was a big thing back then (among us kids anyway).

I remember getting mine at Mick Simmons on George Street.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still have the SL jersey.. had no sponsor..

Not my favourite jersey tbh ..

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have the SL jersey.. had no sponsor..

Not my favourite jersey tbh ..
I hated the way they rounded the 'V' inward. Our worst ever jersey by far, and I wouldn't pay a cent for it. The poxy jersey matched the worst footy I've ever seen from, us until the last few years. Somehow we made the finals, but we were like headless chooks that year. It was unwatchable at times.