Bulldogs close in on ambitious triple swoop as fresh Suaalii link emerges: Jimmy Brings

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They won’t take Reimis for the Fox will they? It’s more likely Avarillo wouldn’t you think?
I don't know, I'm just going by what was written in the in the starting post " Melbourne Storm are looking at Bulldogs winger Reimis Smith as a possible replacement for State of Origin winger Addo-Carr." If I was Bellamy I would go after Averillo but I'm not Bellamy and Averillo is not really a winger, that's what I think? & Why would you leave Hoppa at fullback when he is so slow? we are in the process of rebuilding a new faster team we need a speedy Meter eater to bring the ball back and be in the right position for defense and also I thought Josh Jackson was the captain not Hoppa ?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They hav
I don't know, I'm just going by what was written in the in the starting post " Melbourne Storm are looking at Bulldogs winger Reimis Smith as a possible replacement for State of Origin winger Addo-Carr." If I was Bellamy I would go after Averillo but I'm not Bellamy and Averillo is not really a winger, that's what I think? & Why would you leave Hoppa at fullback when he is so slow? we are in the process of rebuilding a new faster team we need a speedy Meter eater to bring the ball back and be in the right position for defense and also I thought Josh Jackson was the captain not Hoppa ?
They have been adamant they want a winger

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is under the assumption we get JAC, Burton, Flanagan and B Smith as well as release Reimis and Blake Green but I think this is what we are working towards.... whether you think JAC will play fullback or not doesn't really matter because i think that'll be the starting 13 it's just finding positions. Happy to release Lewis if someone wants and replace with Biondi-Odo.

I tell you one thing, if all goes well we will be competitive in both NRL and NSW Cup.

1 Averillo .... Meaney
2 DWZ .... Crichton
3 Cotric .... Schoupp
4 Hoppa .... Tui Katoa
5 JAC .... Okunbor
6 Burton .... Lewis
7 Flanagan .... Wakeham
8 Hetherington .... Ogden
9 B Smith .... Katoa
10 Thompson .... Roumanos
11 Elliott .... Stimson
12 RFM .... Doorey
13 Jackson .... C Smith

14 JMK
15 Napa
16 To'omaga
17 Waddell

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's suspended plus i do not get all the hype about this bloke
What's not to get he is an old school bully with a hot head.........see wall, run through wall. Napa needs to capture this aggression!!!! Our forwards were always big tough and uncompromising but most of our current forward stock are cats, no f@cking mongrel. Welcome Jack.

Last edited:

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What's not to get he is an old school bully with a hot head.........see wall, run through wall.
Hot head you say.

Thats quite hypocritical coming from you, as you were always bitching and moaning about Josh Reynolds being a hot head and copping a suspension here and there.

Hetherington wipes the floor clean in terms of suspensions and in terms of run through wall, the bloke just cant break tackles or make impact with his runs.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hot head you say.

Thats quite hypocritical coming from you, as you were always bitching and moaning about Josh Reynolds being a hot head and copping a suspension here and there.

Hetherington wipes the floor clean in terms of suspensions and in terms of run through wall, the bloke just cant break tackles or make impact with his runs.
No I wasn't, it is no secret that I didn't like Reynolds.I still don't......I still say he was nothing more than a hyped up chihuahua cheerleader chasing his tail. But there is a difference between being a hot head power forward that refuses to take a back step in the heat of battle or being a hot head trip master a.k.a Josh Reynolds.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hot head you say.

You want your front rower having a hot head

not a 5/8 who is meant to be steering a team around the park.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A while ago, there was a leftist idea to not focus on core capabilities like reading and writing, but to do more cultural studies and the like. Multicultural affairs etc
The results are embarrassing.

If they want to rectify it, we need a culture change and to copy the Finnish Estonian model, but parents need to buy in
Do you still have those Estonian newspapers bro?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are closing in on an ambitious triple swoop that would hand incoming coach Trent Barrett some significant attacking firepower.

Bulldogs
are closing in on landing the key signatures of Melbourne’s grand final winger Josh Addo-Carr, Sydney Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan and Penrith’s Matt Burton.

And grand finalists the Melbourne Storm are looking at Bulldogs winger Reimis Smith as a possible replacement for State of Origin winger Addo-Carr.

While the Wests Tigers initially looked in the box seat to secure Addo-Carr for next season, the Bulldogs have now emerged as the most likely home for the NSW and Australian winger.

The Bulldogs will ramp up their pursuit of Burton as of November 1 when they can officially get the Panthers young gun to sign a contract for 2022.

Then it will be up to the Panthers whether they decide to release the Dubbo product one year early.

The Flanagan deal is expected to get rubber-stamped in the next 24 hours. Add Addo-Carr and Burton and all of a sudden the roster goes from below average to a decent side.

Fark Yair.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1 Josh Addo-Carr
2 DWZ
3 Cotric
4 Hoppa
5 Averillo (roam onto other side of field a bit like Joey Manu does... they're ways to get him involved)
6 Burton
7 Flanagan
I’d drop DWZ
1. JAC
2. Hoppa
3. Cotric
4. Averillo
5. Okunbor
6. Burton
7. Flanno
Give us a Smith or Preferably Grant at 9 and we are contenders top 8 at least.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d drop DWZ
1. JAC
2. Hoppa
3. Cotric
4. Averillo
5. Okunbor
6. Burton
7. Flanno
Hopoate has no pace for the wing and his best strengths are his hands/assisting players around him. He's a right centre.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d drop DWZ
1. JAC
2. Hoppa
3. Cotric
4. Averillo
5. Okunbor
6. Burton
7. Flanno
Bro with that line up and IF the addition of Smith or Grant was to eventuate then you'd be wanting better then a top 8 finish

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopoate has no pace for the wing and his best strengths are his hands/assisting players around him. He's a right centre.
I know there is no pace in him but he’s safe, defence is pretty good, him an Avo on one side could work well, him and Avo could switch around a bit and he knows how to get across the line. Not a top notch winger by any means I know. Rather go with this than DWZ.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is under the assumption we get JAC, Burton, Flanagan and B Smith as well as release Reimis and Blake Green but I think this is what we are working towards.... whether you think JAC will play fullback or not doesn't really matter because i think that'll be the starting 13 it's just finding positions. Happy to release Lewis if someone wants and replace with Biondi-Odo.

I tell you one thing, if all goes well we will be competitive in both NRL and NSW Cup.

1 Averillo .... Meaney
2 DWZ .... Crichton
3 Cotric .... Schoupp
4 Hoppa .... Tui Katoa
5 JAC .... Okunbor
6 Burton .... Lewis
7 Flanagan .... Wakeham
8 Hetherington .... Ogden
9 B Smith .... Katoa
10 Thompson .... Roumanos
11 Elliott .... Stimson
12 RFM .... Doorey
13 Jackson .... C Smith

14 JMK
15 Napa
16 To'omaga
17 Waddell
he might be too young possibly, but looking at that clip of Biondi he might be an option at hooker.