Bulldogs close in on ambitious triple swoop as fresh Suaalii link emerges: Jimmy Brings

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are closing in on an ambitious triple swoop that would hand incoming coach Trent Barrett some significant attacking firepower.

Bulldogs
are closing in on landing the key signatures of Melbourne’s grand final winger Josh Addo-Carr, Sydney Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan and Penrith’s Matt Burton.

And grand finalists the Melbourne Storm are looking at Bulldogs winger Reimis Smith as a possible replacement for State of Origin winger Addo-Carr.

While the Wests Tigers initially looked in the box seat to secure Addo-Carr for next season, the Bulldogs have now emerged as the most likely home for the NSW and Australian winger.

The Bulldogs will ramp up their pursuit of Burton as of November 1 when they can officially get the Panthers young gun to sign a contract for 2022.

Then it will be up to the Panthers whether they decide to release the Dubbo product one year early.

The Flanagan deal is expected to get rubber-stamped in the next 24 hours. Add Addo-Carr and Burton and all of a sudden the roster goes from below average to a decent side.

Maybe Melbourne Storm could be after Reimis Smith or Meanie both could be great assests under the coaching of Bellemy the both possess good speed, which brings up the question would do we do with Meanie? if they take Smith, I think this kid would go very well in our new fast team under Barret
1 -Averillo
2 - Meanie/ Smith
3 - Cotric
4- Corey Allen
5 - JAC
6 - Burton
7 - Flannigan
Looks pretty good - let us pray.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After reading some of the posts in this thread I am of the opinion that our education system is failing miserably.FMD
Sadly true. We used to be among the top countries in the developed world. We're much closer to the levels of the best educated third world countries now which is to say our education system is no longer something to be incredibly proud of.

Personally speaking, I've got 12 nephews and nieces who despite being intelligent enough, can't spell or do simple maths without a calculator.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Melbourne Storm could be after Reimis Smith or Meanie both could be great assests under the coaching of Bellemy the both possess good speed, which brings up the question would do we do with Meanie? if they take Smith, I think this kid would go very well in our new fast team under Barret
1 - Corey Allen
2 - Meanie/ Smith
3 - Cotric
4- Averillo
5 - JAC
6 - Burton
7 - Flannigan
Looks pretty good - let us pray.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I always thought Reimis would be an ideal like for like type signing. In fact I predicted it here on the kennel.
I was hoping it would be DWZ And Hoppa but.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed
If we fail to get an established no.9 do we try and further develop JMK?
I don't know if Katoa would be on the coach's good books given he wasn't rated at the Panthers.
Or is there a dark horse within our system ?
I think JMK has a lot of potential, for now he is best at 14 though, or with a good 14.
Katia I think has brought too much drama to the plane with his anti vaccine stance.
It's one thing being like that if you are a solid first grader but when you are number 30 on our 30 man squad it's just like 'f off you annoying c word' type of thing.

he isn't that great though.

Wakeman or Averillo could make number 9s (if averillo swaps out defensively with Lewis in defence) otherwise I think you'll hear the name peats more.

I have heard that Barrett is thinking about Wakeman for the number 9 role. The insider told me but I don't think it qualifies as oil as I believe he said it was his educated opinion.
Grant is still the target for now but it will all change potentially

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Sadly true. We used to be among the top countries in the developed world. We're much closer to the levels of the best educated third world countries now which is to say our education system is no longer something to be incredibly proud of.

Personally speaking, I've got 12 nephews and nieces who despite being intelligent enough, can't spell or do simple maths without a calculator.
A while ago, there was a leftist idea to not focus on core capabilities like reading and writing, but to do more cultural studies and the like. Multicultural affairs etc
The results are embarrassing.

If they want to rectify it, we need a culture change and to copy the Finnish Estonian model, but parents need to buy in

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A while ago, there was a leftist idea to not focus on core capabilities like reading and writing, but to do more cultural studies and the like. Multicultural affairs etc
The results are embarrassing.

If they want to rectify it, we need a culture change and to copy the Finnish Estonian model, but parents need to buy in
It actually comes down to the fact that money has continually been stripped from the education budget under right wing politics. Whenever a left leaning government gets in and attempts to remedy it, the right leaning media screams blue murder about it damaging the budget.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It actually comes down to the fact that money has continually been stripped from the education budget under right wing politics. Whenever a left leaning government gets in and attempts to remedy it, the right leaning media screams blue murder about it damaging the budget.
I don't buy that as much. The extra funding goes to random shit.

All that's needful is to focus on the core and sport and be good at it.

countries with less resources do better than us

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think JMK has a lot of potential, for now he is best at 14 though, or with a good 14.
Katia I think has brought too much drama to the plane with his anti vaccine stance.
It's one thing being like that if you are a solid first grader but when you are number 30 on our 30 man squad it's just like 'f off you annoying c word' type of thing.

he isn't that great though.

Wakeman or Averillo could make number 9s (if averillo swaps out defensively with Lewis in defence) otherwise I think you'll hear the name peats more.

I have heard that Barrett is thinking about Wakeman for the number 9 role. The insider told me but I don't think it qualifies as oil as I believe he said it was his educated opinion.
Grant is still the target for now but it will all change potentially
JMK is the most realistic option available with what we have. IMO his decision making at crucial moments let's him down. He has demonstrated many good moments. Can make a break, kick a 40/20, tackles compitantly all game and has some zip. Maybe he is due for a breakout year. It's all on the coaching staff to see if they can better refine his game.
He's no Grant but with a little help he can be of value no worse than the hookers behind the top 3 or 4 of the game.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They won’t take Reimis for the Fox will they? It’s more likely Avarillo wouldn’t you think?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your all dreaming. The only one we will secure will be Flanagan. That's it.