Have we spent our available cap money?

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone know from a salary cap side, if we could still go after Grant, Flanno & JAC, if we could we would just look like a completely different team?

JAC
Smith
Cotric
Hoppa
Meany
Averillo
Flannagan
Thompson
Grant
Cartwright
Jackson
RFM
Elliot

JMK
Ogden / Wardell
Nappa
Doorey

To'omaga
C Smith

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
The simple answer is pick two of the three, and if you do, prepare for any other our others to be no more than min wage.
All 3 a dream yo.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
May be worth us as a collective try and figure out how we doing cap wise for new purchases
Going to take a guess yo and assimilate wiyh publishes money, inside oil etc

Will NOT count green as he's likely to bail.

1. Meaney (200k)
2. Reimis (300k)
3. Cotric (650k
4. Flop (600k)
5. DWZ (550k)
6. Averillo (150)
7. Lewis (450)
8. Thommo (700)
9. Jmk (250)
10. Napa (600)
11. RFM (350)
12. Jackson (700)
13. Elliott (480)
14. Hetherington (375)
15. Ogden (200)
16. Renouf (200)
17. Chris smith (300)
18. Wakeman (200)
19. Crichton (105)
20. Katoa (105)
21. Britt (250)
22. Waddel (250)
23. Stimson (400)
=8.150
= 1.45 mil

The way I see that is one marquee and the rest depth.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You moron, there was literally a post created by someone 11 minutes earlier about the same thing. Stop making posts for the sake of it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You moron, there was literally a post created by someone 11 minutes earlier about the same thing. Stop making posts for the sake of it.
That was a different thread. Now merged to appease you.
This thread here represents the holistic theme of can we afford good players now.
My thread is more nuts and bolts blue collar worker bee about coming to exact figures as best as we can on how much actual dollars we have spent.
That thread is strategy related and this is mathematical related. Kapisch?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was a different thread. Now merged to appease you.
This thread here represents the holistic theme of can we afford good players now.
My thread is more nuts and bolts blue collar worker bee about coming to exact figures as best as we can on how much actual dollars we have spent.
That thread is strategy related and this is mathematical related. Kapisch?
LOLLLL stfu you bastard

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm going to sit by the highway today and guess what people are being paid at work judging by the colour of the cars they drive. I'll probably still be making more educated guesses than will be posted in this thread.
Alan can I come to one of your parties please?
They sound fun...:-).

PS: get your gist and don’t disagree...

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling (not inside knowledge, I should have asked) that we can definitely afford a decent hooker like Grant / Smith + Kyle Flanagan for 2021 but that would be about it. JAC we could only get if both Grant and B.Smith decide to stay and fight it out at the Storm. Remember from November this year we can also sign players for 2022 which I think / hope we'll do. We could afford JAC for 2022 but he's looking for a new home for 2021. We're in good position to get Burton for 2022. We'll be hoping if we sign him for 2022 that the Panthers will let him go earlier but that will only happen if they're feeling salary cap pressure - which could happen if they win the comp. Go Panthers to win the GF with Storm to lose and C Smith to play on. That's our best case scenario.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we are only going to chip in around $200k for Flanno, we still have around $1.5 mil by all reports to sign/promote 5 players. 2-3 minimum and still a fair chunk remaining.
Probably well off but we don’t know for sure.

That also depends on squad limit too. Not sure if it was reduced from 30?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I personally think we have enough left in the salary cap to sign a top hooker, a promising half and another one to two decent signings. No one knows exactly how much each player in our roster is on so all you can do is have an estimated guess what each player might be on and work it out from there which is subjective (we'll under/over value some for sure, it's what we're paying not what the player would be worth). We just have to wait until we're closer to the season to know for sure.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have 9 players contracted in 2022, there is enough money to spend 100% come Nov 1st things should get exciting we need to find out what the new cap is and how many players are in the squads

Contracted players

Elliott

RFM

Thompson

DWZ

Hetherington

Jackson

Wakeham

Stimson

Waddell

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have 9 players contracted in 2022, there is enough money to spend 100% come Nov 1st things should get exciting we need to find out what the new cap is and how many players are in the squads

Contracted players

Elliott

RFM

Thompson

DWZ

Hetherington

Jackson

Wakeham

Stimson

Waddell
We need some more players for 2021.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to sit by the highway today and guess what people are being paid at work judging by the colour of the cars they drive. I'll probably still be making more educated guesses than will be posted in this thread.
I drive a blue car. What should my salary really be?

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No-one exactly knows the amount left to spend. We can only assume there's discussion with players still playing finals footy. Add to the fact 3 weeks of origin after the GF. I'm frustrated as any but this has been one disruptive season. I find it hard for good players to commit atm. If there was one season where managers can toy with clubs at maximum capacity, then this is the one.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alan can I come to one of your parties please?
They sound fun...:-).

PS: get your gist and don’t disagree...
There's usually copious amounts of drinking, fist fights that leave bloody broken victims and non rough sex (often non consensual) at my parties. I don't have any planned at the moment, but we could arrange a small one tonight. Just gonna be you and me there.

I drive a blue car. What should my salary really be?
If it's a really dark blue but with sporty strips of a brighter colour. You should be on between $80k - $100k. Minus the highlights you should be capped at $80k no matter how dark the blue. Lighter blues will result in an estimated sliding downwards scale.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's usually copious amounts of drinking, fist fights that leave bloody broken victims and non rough sex (often non consensual) at my parties. I don't have any planned at the moment, but we could arrange a small one tonight. Just gonna be you and me there.

If it's a really dark blue but with sporty strips of a brighter colour. You should be on between $80k - $100k. Minus the highlights you should be capped at $80k no matter how dark the blue. Lighter blues will result in an estimated sliding downwards scale.
I didn't realize my worth.
I can upgrade to a blue holden Sandman and prowl your parties for some drunken oppurtunities. I'm not so pretty anymore so get them really drunk. :grinning:

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need some more players for 2021.
I’m sure we will get a few for 2021 but the depends on other teams realising players early, but 2022 is our year.
Also we need to know what Cam smith is up to