Negotiations update

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd love to say but if it gets back I risk not getting further updates in future. If we want to get further updates before they hit the media you'll just have to trust me sorry. Source is personally involved in player negotiations and is 100% telling me the truth I assure you.
Good man keep it to yourself. You don’t know who is reading and it’s best to protect your source especially if it is rock solid. Look at @Nasheed he has never revealed who he gets his oil from ;)

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds really odd that the Roosters are willing to pay 100k out of only 280k given how few halves there are on the market right now versus the demand. You would think there would be clubs willing to pay at least 400k for him. I suspected there would be a minor bidding war for him.
Wouldn't surprise me if the chooks already have something else lined up like bringing Maloney across or perhaps getting Peirce back as suggested.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to say but if it gets back I risk not getting further updates in future. If we want to get further updates before they hit the media you'll just have to trust me sorry. Source is personally involved in player negotiations and is 100% telling me the truth I assure you.
When you said it's unlikely Burton will be coming until 22 - is that because Burton wants to see out his contract or is it because Penrith wont release him early?

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
C'mon Mr Laundy, if you manage to get a couple of these players then I will personally shout you a beer.

Ahh fukk, that's right...... hey, at least the thought was there.
Nothing wrong with a loyal customer.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good work bro, keep that ear close to the ground, and your fingers on the keyboard.
Thank you Caveman. Will do.

I forgot to add before.

NRL CEO (Abdo) is trying to get friendly with Craig Laundy - to use his political connections.

Arthur Laundy is waiting to see who the new Dogs board members are before he signs the official sponsorship agreement. The new Chair has told him this may take a few weeks. Garry Hughes is unlikely. They want more business people instead of ex players (Good). AL had dinner with and is fine with the current 4 directors. If any of the new directors though prevent him from being able to speak to players (current and prospective) he'll likely walk.

I guess Andrew Hill is doing a bit of juggling keeping AL happy and other existing sponsors onside at the same time although most probably don't want or expect such access to the players.

If Arthur can offer something to Matt Burton and other players we're chasing that the Panthers / other clubs can't (to help them with life after footy) then that's a huge advantage to us. Good on him.

"Anyone" helping our cause is greatly appreciated. Someone with $830M in the bank certainly gets attention.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan is reportedly on $280k at Easts. If they are paying $100k of that for 2021 then it is crazy business not to pick him up.
I really think he'd be on a little bit more than that - or they wouldn't be offering 100K. I assume it's 100K a season but could be overall. I was just told 100K