Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We gotta move on, I mean all the what if’s

barba
Money bill
Cook
Tommy T

Just an example, To name only a few.!! Time for a new era now. Over the years we have had a couple x doggs come back and it was exciting for the most part. But we will be a new look doggs outfit NOW, and have to move with the times..!!

TBAZ an co deserve a good shot at getting Us to the top again.
I agree, but don't mind if the Cook loss keeps coming up because from what I understand that was one of the most avoidable losses of all the ones that come up in TK. Barba had people in his ear and simply didn't want to be here any more. Same with SBW. Cook was right there during Ennis' last season and Lichaa's first. Where is Lichaa now? Cook's quality was obvious when he got a few games in firsts with us, but for some daft reason the club was committed to Lichaa. Plenty of people back in the day were really unhappy with letting Ennis go, and if the plan had been for Cook to replace Ennis we'd have had Ennis in 2016 (the year he won with peptides), and we'd still have Cook now.

It was a stunningly poor series of decisions, and the best way to prevent them happening again is to know why those poor calls were made and not repeat them. Fact is that sometimes the best solution to a positional problem does actually already exist at the club. Psychologically it can be really tempting to assume that the only solution lies outside the club. Go into any fan forum, not just TK, and you will see evidence of this...

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's been done to death but this forum is a place to vent our anger & frustration so I can understand Bulldogs supporters like me are struggling with it , that fact that we preserved with one of the worst dummy halves in the League - ( Lichaa ) for so long & we had Cook who showed his potential in just won game, It almost seems deliberate from Des Hassler to let him go, now we are scratching our heads on where we are going to find a dummy half when we had one of the best in our midst., same goes for the Morris brothers. Yeh sure we let Terry Lamb go, but we didn't just let him go and kept Joe Blow in his place. that was at a time when we had Steve Mortimer & Garry Hughes halves combination and we won a premiership, Now to watch cook play last night with all the accolades the commentators were giving him and knowing he'll get picked again for state of origin, makes my blue & White Blood boil & the fact that we are sweating on some decent signings and all we are getting served up so far are forwards and back rowers is not helping the situation, so if you don't like the whingeing don't read the post, but let us release our anger at this unbelievable situation.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go again lol
Well you know what? if we had something positive to talk about like some big name signings maybe we could talk about that, but look around you the club is in shambles and fact they don't seem to recognize talent is part of the cause, so yeh! until until we have something good to talk about - "here we go again"

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I remember clearly there was a game where Hodko or Keating was out so Des started Ennis at Halfback and Cook at 9 but after 5 mins for some bizarre reason didn't like what he saw and immediately punted cook back to the bench and Ennis back to hooker and Trex or Jacko playing in the halves..

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you agree that we fucked up by not bringing in Lamb sooner? I agree!
Read my post. Baa would have been stuck behind Gary Hughes for several years if he stayed at the Dogs and may not have become the great player he turned out to be because of the opportunity he got at Wests. No first grade coach would sack a premiership winning five eighth in Gary Hughes and replace him with a 19 year old who had yet to even play reserve grade yet let alone first grade. So stop trying to rewrite history and bag the Bulldogs club when they did nothing wrong back in 1980.