The "R U OK ?" Thread

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you get hooked on them though? That could be a problem. I went through a phase of depression once, and this combined with my OCD didn't help, but I found the best way to get through it all is just to clear your mind. Going for a nature walk or some place where it's nice and quiet to get away from it all really does help. You don't have to venture too far to experience this either. We live in a great, wide land, and it's not too far from the city to the coast to the forest - make the most of it.
Not really hooked on 50mg a day, anything is better than the permanent yuk always tired.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's Mental Health Awareness day, and i am aware that I am mental :tearsofjoy:

Jokes aside, as someone who has suffered and still does from mental health issues since my adolescence I just wanted to see how my fellow Kennelers are coping with their own experiences. Just remember, it isn't weak to speak or that you suffer from mental illness makes you weak. I find it's helpful to talk about it, as I am very open about my struggles and life living with depression and anxiety on a daily basis.

In all, I just hope everyone is doing well and that I and many others on here are always available with an open ear if need be. Much love to the Kennel Family!!

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prolly got PTSD too, I will never be the same again.
Anti depressants do work, for years I struggled and said I don't want the side effects but there wasn't any.
We are blessed to live in an age when we have access to such medications, I'm on antidepressants, antipsychotics, antianxiety and sedative medication including one that shuts down my frontal lobe to limit nightmares.

I notice it if I forget to take my meds, they definitely help.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's Mental Health Awareness day, and i am aware that I am mental :tearsofjoy:

Jokes aside, as someone who has suffered and still does from mental health issues since my adolescence I just wanted to see how my fellow Kennelers are coping with their own experiences. Just remember, it isn't weak to speak or that you suffer from mental illness makes you weak. I find it's helpful to talk about it, as I am very open about my struggles and life living with depression and anxiety on a daily basis.

In all, I just hope everyone is doing well and that I and many others on here are always available with an open ear if need be. Much love to the Kennel Family!!
Love your work bro!

I'm going back into the mental hospital in about 4 weeks for a couple of weeks for accelerated therapy treatment.

Life with PTSD is like a rollercoaster.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Love your work bro!

I'm going back into the mental hospital in about 4 weeks for a couple of weeks for accelerated therapy treatment.

Life with PTSD is like a rollercoaster.
We are here for a chat or vent whenever you need brother

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's awesome you boys speak so openly about mental health. Read somewhere that suicide amongst men is up 20% in previous years, so the more we talk the better it is. Imagine many if not all of you are parents so it's a bloody great example you're setting for your kids talking about it. Well done!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I lost my younger brother in January 2019 to suicide after he found himself in too far with PTSD and could only see one pathway out.
For all of you out there doing it tough, keep fighting, keep talking and seeking help. Know your own trigger points and be honest within yourself. There's always someone out there who'll help, even go to your local Emergency Department if you can't see anywhere else to go.
Shoot me a message if you're struggling, I'm happy to chat / message with you.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I lost my younger brother in January 2019 to suicide after he found himself in too far with PTSD and could only see one pathway out.
For all of you out there doing it tough, keep fighting, keep talking and seeking help. Know your own trigger points and be honest within yourself. There's always someone out there who'll help, even go to your local Emergency Department if you can't see anywhere else to go.
Dude. Can't imagine the pain of losing your brother, but cool seeing you looking to help others. If YOU ever need someone to chat to, drop me a message.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry to read that my bro.

We are here for each other.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My Mrs has a genetic condition where when she gets pregnant she has a 50% chance that the kid won't survive. You would think 50% is still pretty good odds.

After losing 3 kids to miscarriage, the Mrs got pregnant again a few months back. After much testing and waiting today they confirmed that our 4th child has the same condition and will not survive. That's like flipping a coin and getting tails 4 times in a row.

Bit of a kick in the pants.. Again. But I think it gets easier each time. It's like getting kicked in the nuts until you can no longer feel your nuts.

Oh well. I'm alright. Better luck next time.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My Mrs has a genetic condition where when she gets pregnant she has a 50% chance that the kid won't survive. You would think 50% is still pretty good odds.

After losing 3 kids to miscarriage, the Mrs got pregnant again a few months back. After much testing and waiting today they confirmed that our 4th child has the same condition and will not survive. That's like flipping a coin and getting tails 4 times in a row.

Bit of a kick in the pants.. Again. But I think it gets easier each time. It's like getting kicked in the nuts until you can no longer feel your nuts.

Wow, I’m sorry to hear that mate
Hopefully your time will come and the coin will land on “heads”
Wish you and you wife all the best

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, I’m sorry to hear that mate
Hopefully your time will come and the coin will land on “heads”
Wish you and you wife all the best
Cheers mate.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez sorry to hear mate,
I’ve got 2 brothers whom I’m extremely close with and couldn’t imagine your pain
Same goes to you if you need to talk

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That sucks mate, hopefully you guys are blessed with a child soon.

My condolences to you and your missus.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm a Radiographer by profession and had an interest at one point in becoming a sonographer, one of the reasons I didn't was being in the ultrasound room when a similar situation played out, it was a feeling of pure devastation.
To go thru that for a 4th time would be bloody rough mate. Keep supporting each other and fingers crossed for 5th time lucky.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a Radiographer by profession and had an interest at one point in becoming a sonographer, one of the reasons I didn't was being in the ultrasound room when a similar situation played out, it was a feeling of pure devastation.
To go thru that for a 4th time would be bloody rough mate. Keep supporting each other and fingers crossed for 5th time lucky.
Cheers mate. I think that's why I never went into any medical field. Just too many bad things to face. I don't envy the doctors and nurses that have to deal with it every day

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

This life can be cruel and chaotic. But from the chaos, champsions can be born.

Ie. Don't let the chaos define you. Become that champion which arises from it.

You're a Good man hack. Keep your chin up and keep moving forward