U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call it brainwashing, I’d just call it selective teaching where teachers and college professors often only give one side or a biased version of the story.

it also doesn’t help when entire swaths of faculty and teaching all share the exact same political beliefs. For starters it’s not very ‘diverse’ and it makes for kids who lack the ability to think critically and unable to comprehend someone may share a thought which differs from theirs.
Your argument basically says that Americans can't think for themselves.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Your argument basically says that Americans can't think for themselves.
Not at all.

I guess we would need to be specific about what we are talking about. Just American education institutes or Australian also, or are we talking more generally?

But I would generally say that when you are talking about primary school (and to an extent) high school aged children - yes, children don't know how to think for themselves and that is one of the key objectives (or it should be anyway) of schooling.

We should teach kids HOW to think for themselves instead of indoctrinating them and telling whem WHAT to think.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So now you are saying that educational systems have a higher degree of influence over kids than their parents?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
kamala harris much more successful than the trump despite trump having a huge head start

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want the real story?

Israel and UAE were not at war.

Serbia and Bahrain (berain as you put it) were not at war.

A peace treaty means shit.

It is like Australia and New Zealand signing a peace treay. A waste of paper.
You have zero idea , this is a historic agreement.

and peace deal with North Korea. Just wait till after he wins again and the investigation of Obama gate continues and is finalised. Do you realise now that America is no1 in oil there’s more to this deal then meets the eye ? It’s exactly this, also with the taliban having a peace deal this make them
Not be the main exporter for oil so they have no choice but to work In harmony and use other resources including it, health, medicine which Israel is great with.
Move along, facts Are facts . Later bo!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You have zero idea , this is a historic agreement.

and peace deal with North Korea. Just wait till after he wins again and the investigation of Obama gate continues and is finalised. Do you realise now that America is no1 in oil there’s more to this deal then meets the eye ? It’s exactly this, also with the taliban having a peace deal this make them
Not be the main exporter for oil so they have no choice but to work In harmony and use other resources including it, health, medicine which Israel is great with.
Move along, facts Are facts . Later bo!
A historic agreement.

So they weren't at war because an agreement already existed.

So you agree that it isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Also he has 4 years and hasn't done any of the other stuff you are raving about. Why do you think another 4 years will change anything.

Trump fights his battles in the media because he NEVER has any facts to back up what he says in a court of law.

Funny how OBAMAgate is so bad according to him and so far 7 Trump officials gaoled for corruption and 4 more awaiting trial and 0 Obama officials charged or convicted.

It's what they call in the NRL 'A FLOGGING'

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
A historic agreement.

So they weren't at war because an agreement already existed.

So you agree that it isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Also he has 4 years and hasn't done any of the other stuff you are raving about. Why do you think another 4 years will change anything.

Trump fights his battles in the media because he NEVER has any facts to back up what he says in a court of law.

Funny how OBAMAgate is so bad according to him and so far 7 Trump officials gaoled for corruption and 4 more awaiting trial and 0 Obama officials charged or convicted.

It's what they call in the NRL 'A FLOGGING'
Are the middle east and North Korea more or less safe than the year 2013-2016?

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 17247View attachment 17248

But but but hes a smart businessman!!!!!!

Each time, he requested an extension to file his 1040; and each time, he made the required payment to the I.R.S. for income taxes he might owe — $1 million for 2016 and $4.2 million for 2017. But virtually all of that liability was washed away when he eventually filed, and most of the payments were rolled forward to cover potential taxes in future years.

To cancel out the tax bills, Mr. Trump made use of $9.7 million in business investment credits, at least some of which related to his renovation of the Old Post Office hotel, which qualified for a historic-preservation tax break. Although he had more than enough credits to owe no taxes at all, his accountants appear to have carved out an allowance for a small tax liability for both 2016 and 2017.

Read that weasel! That’s from the New York Times it clears him ! It says so rigbt there tds is off the charts on this one stupid !

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are the middle east and North Korea more or less safe than the year 2013-2016?
Not even close.

The Koreans continued testing and just because America has pulled out of Syria the fighting has continued.

Lets not forget all the ISIS fighters that were released when the US pulled out or the Khurdish allies they abandoned to be slaughted byTurkey and ISIS.

The war continues, Trump just left the spoils to Russia because it suited his rhetoric.

Have you seen the amount of refugees that are still showing up by the day in Greece?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Not even close.

The Koreans continued testing and just because America has pulled out of Syria the fighting has continued.

Lets not forget all the ISIS fighters that were released when the US pulled out or the Khurdish allies they abandoned to be slaughted byTurkey and ISIS.

The war continues the Trump just left the spoils to Russia because it suited his rhetoric.
I was just interested in your opinion of whether you think North Korea and the middle east are more or less safe than 2013-2016?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was just interested in your opinion of whether you think North Korea and the middle east are more or less safe than 2013-2016?
Sorry I carry on sometimes.

Short answer is No. Nothing has changed.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry I carry on sometimes.

Short answer is No. Nothing has changed.
Fair enough if that's your opinion.

I know it's not popular to admit that parts of the world are safer under Trump than Obama. It goes against everything we've been told for years / decades. We've been told that statesmen/career politicians like George Bush Jnr and George Bush Snr and Obama would solve these problems. But they didn't. They constantly created new wars, killed millions, left millions homeless and in poverty and left US troops stuck in the middle east for 20+ years

I just look at it and even at a very basic level it would appear both regions are now safer than they were in 2016:

In 2016 North Korea were conducting nuclear tests and other missile tests. News media was generally going crazy and (I accept it's subjective) but there was a general feeling that war was very possible.

Even a basic look at Syria from 2011-2016 makes you realise how safe the middle east is in 2020 (in comparison)

wiki said:
Of these, since the start of the Syrian Civil War in 2011 more than six million (2016) were internally displaced, and around five million (2016) had crossed into other countries,[2] with most seeking asylum or placed in Syrian refugee camps established in Turkey (3,614,108),[3] Lebanon (929,624),[4] Jordan (662,010),[5] Egypt (131,433),[6] and other countries.
Also, remember ISIL and the almost weekly videos of beheadngs, kidnappings and general chaos throughout multiple countries in the middle east?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough if that's your opinion.

I know it's not popular to admit that parts of the world are safer under Trump than Obama. It goes against everything we've been told for years / decades. We've been told that statesmen/career politicians like George Bush Jnr and George Bush Snr and Obama would solve these problems. But they didn't. They constantly created new wars, killed millions, left millions homeless and in poverty and left US troops stuck in the middle east for 20+ years

I just look at it and even at a very basic level it would appear both regions are now safer than they were in 2016:

In 2016 North Korea were conducting nuclear tests and other missile tests. News media was generally going crazy and (I accept it's subjective) but there was a general feeling that war was very possible.

Even a basic look at Syria from 2011-2016 makes you realise how safe the middle east is in 2020 (in comparison)

Also, remember ISIL and the almost weekly videos of beheadngs, kidnappings and general chaos throughout multiple countries in the middle east?
The thing is, it isn't up to the US to make the world a safer place.

You say on a basic level both areas seem sooner but that is because American media has moved on from there. The war in Syria still rages, just not flavour of the month and only shows up on page 32 of the Telegraph where no one reads it. The South Koreans and Japan are still in fear of North Korea attacking.

North Korea made a media release that they had finished with this round of testing with their ballistic missiles but would not rule out further testing in future. Iran, since Trump pulled out of the accord, has resumed nuclear testing.

The European refugee camps have overflowed with refugees from Syria. These stories just aren't reported any more to the us, But they are common knowledge in Europe.

Did you see the fire on Lesbos in the refugee camp? What a senseless loss of life.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
To a degree I agree with you. I think the U.S. should already have left the middle east. Get their troops out of there and send them home. Trump seems to be in favour of this, which is another reason why I support Trump.

I don't support endless wars.

However, the question wasn't whether it's the U.S. role to make the world a safer place, I just wondered whether or not the middle east and north korea were or weren't safer than in 2013-2016.

However, if there is a new global security threat that warrants some sort of military intervention it's probably a good thing that the U.S. has the military firepower which it has.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

You say on a basic level both areas seem sooner but that is because American media has moved on from there. The war in Syria still rages, just not flavour of the month and only shows up on page 32 of the Telegraph where no one reads it. The South Koreans and Japan are still in fear of North Korea attacking.

North Korea made a media release that they had finished with this round of testing with their ballistic missiles but would not rule out further testing in future. Iran, since Trump pulled out of the accord, has resumed nuclear testing.

The European refugee camps have overflowed with refugees from Syria. These stories just aren't reported any more to the us, But they are common knowledge in Europe.

Did you see the fire on Lesbos in the refugee camp? What a senseless loss of life.
I agree there are still uncertainties. Trump isn't some messiah, but he seems to have been relatively effective at having fewer wars and having less chaos in those particular regions.

There always will be so long as humans inhabit the world. However, there is far less chaos in those two regions than previously. Remember the insane scenes when 1+ million refugees marched across Europe?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To a degree I agree with you. I think the U.S. should already have left the middle east. Get their troops out of there and send them home. Trump seems to be in favour of this, which is another reason why I support Trump.

I don't support endless wars.

However, the question wasn't whether it's the U.S. role to make the world a safer place, I just wondered whether or not the middle east and north korea were or weren't safer than in 2013-2016.

However, if there is a new global security threat that warrants some sort of military intervention it's probably a good thing that the U.S. has the military firepower which it has.
I partly agree as well.

The US should never have been there.

But the fact that they have been there and are still there, means they have a responsibility to leave it better off than they found it. To me, Trump pulling troops out suddenly without a plan and leaving allies that helped them to be killed, and allowing enemy fighters free to come back at them is more than irresponsible, it is criminal.

North Korea is just as dangerous as ever. The Middle East is still at war. Neither of these places are better of than they were in 2013 - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.