Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
btw - it pays to be afghani down in Melbourne. Those 5 families broke rules and spread the virus around, but didn't get a single fine.

But if you're going to work without the correct permit, protesting in support of your civil rights - FINE!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The speaker of the house of commons in Britain has suggested we should have 'lock downs' of the population for CLIMATE CHANGE.

Btw - the World Health Organisation agrees with this stance. Not that anyone takes the WHO serious anymore....but still - there seems to be some trend developing towards politicians believing it's ok to take away civil liberties for some random political cause.
What a load of crap. That's not even remotely what he said. Here's the transcript of what he said that's also in the linked article. Not once does he even mention lockdowns. He clearly states that people may be willing to accept limitations on personal choice and lifestyle in order to reduce the impact of climate change. How anyone could take that an immediately think "He wants lockdowns for climate change" is beyond me. This kind of reporting is up there with Paul Murray:

Speaking online at the G7 Speakers’ Meeting, he said: “If one lesson from the pandemic is that taking serious action in a timely manner is key – then shouldn’t this also be true in terms of climate change? With Covid, what surprised many of us in the UK was how engaged most of the population became once the seriousness of the situation was made clear.

“People were prepared to accept limitations on personal choice and lifestyle – for the good of their own family and friends. No-one could ever imagine that we would be wearing masks so readily and that we would all be so compliant. Perhaps we ought not to underestimate the ability of people and communities to work together for the common good, if there is united and clear leadership.”

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
btw - it pays to be afghani down in Melbourne. Those 5 families broke rules and spread the virus around, but didn't get a single fine.

But if you're going to work without the correct permit, protesting in support of your civil rights - FINE!
Well... at least you're not trying to hide your racism any more.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not a corona denier but you can't tell me this isn't being used as a false flag to normalize "contact tracing" in the near future. Once again a trade off of privacy for "safety".
I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that they are so terrible at it. Especially Australia. The Australian Coronavirus contact tracing app was a mess.

I can agree that they're using it as an opportunity to test contact tracing methods though. I know because my company has been using it as an opportunity to test and sell different contact tracing methods. But that's just Capitalism for ya.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Well... at least you're not trying to hide your racism any more.
Focusing your entire attention on race/skin colour is not healthy.

The simple point I'm making is there appears to be double standards at play and in this instance it appears to be applied on the basis of race.

Similar happened with the BLM protests a few months back where there were essentially no consequences for illegally protesting. However, as soon as the theme of the protests change (i.e. protesting about civil liberties), there are enormous consequences - military style police riot squad deployed everywhere, police raiding a pregnant woman's home (despite her not even having protested, but simply having posted on facebook about an upcoming protest).

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What a load of crap. That's not even remotely what he said. Here's the transcript of what he said that's also in the linked article. Not once does he even mention lockdowns. He clearly states that people may be willing to accept limitations on personal choice and lifestyle in order to reduce the impact of climate change. How anyone could take that an immediately think "He wants lockdowns for climate change" is beyond me. This kind of reporting is up there with Paul Murray:

Speaking online at the G7 Speakers’ Meeting, he said: “If one lesson from the pandemic is that taking serious action in a timely manner is key – then shouldn’t this also be true in terms of climate change? With Covid, what surprised many of us in the UK was how engaged most of the population became once the seriousness of the situation was made clear.

“People were prepared to accept limitations on personal choice and lifestyle – for the good of their own family and friends. No-one could ever imagine that we would be wearing masks so readily and that we would all be so compliant. Perhaps we ought not to underestimate the ability of people and communities to work together for the common good, if there is united and clear leadership.”
Paul Murray! Had the misfortune to be channel surfing the other day and caught one of his tirades against Dan and Anna. The warped narrative! More people should sue Newscorpse. They might leave Bulldogs alone then.

Watched the 3 part Murdoch doco last night.

A real worry.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Paul Murray! Had the misfortune to be channel surfing the other day and caught one of his tirades against Dan and Anna. The warped narrative! More people should sue Newscorpse. They might leave Bulldogs alone then.

Watched the 3 part Murdoch doco last night.

A real worry.
Who is Paul Murray?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Focusing your entire attention on race/skin colour is not healthy.

The simple point I'm making is there appears to be double standards at play and in this instance it appears to be applied on the basis of race.

Similar happened with the BLM protests a few months back where there were essentially no consequences for illegally protesting. However, as soon as the theme of the protests change (i.e. protesting about civil liberties), there are enormous consequences - military style police riot squad deployed everywhere, police raiding a pregnant woman's home (despite her not even having protested, but simply having posted on facebook about an upcoming protest).
You mean these protests where they were fined?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You mean these protests where they were fined?

I said 'essentially' no consequences.

Were the organisers homes raided by police and organisers put in handcuffs? No.
Were attendees thrown to the ground and arrested? Of course not - the police would be labelled racist if they had done so.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What does this picture have to do with the discussion?
Just thought it was appropriate.

Sometimes these threads go off topic so I just threw that in to cover all the side issues that arise from time to time :grinning:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
First question is who is the guy in the picture.

Second question is on what basis are all of the claims about him made?

Status
Not open for further replies.