U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Post your predictions and general discussion here.

Both Biden and Kamala Harris both let the cat out of the bag yesterday and 'coincidentally enough' both said "a Harris - Biden administration" - inferring that Harris will be the president.

I think this is totally true - Joe Biden is a trojan horse to get Harris into the white house. Harris on her own is unelectable. Performed horribly in the democrat primaries and even democrat voters didn't want a bar of her.

US President Election prediction:

Trump to win both the popular vote and the electoral college.

The tipping point will be the presidential debate(s) where Biden will fall apart without access to a teleprompter. However I think the presidential debates are unlikely to go ahead (because Biden's staff know exactly what will happen if they do).

Last edited by a moderator:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS just when you think a trump v hellary election was bad now we have these two fuckwits.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
LOL possibly the most awkward moment since Elizabeth Warren attempted to 'share a beer' with her husband on a live stream:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
What's the story about her being a whore or something?
I think you are referring to her dating Willie Brown back in the day. At the time she was 30 and he was 60....

Willie Brown subsequently appointed Harris to the California Medical Assistance Commission as well as the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. The combined salary from both was around $210k per year (USD) in current prices.

At the time Harris had ZERO medical background despite the need for members of the committee to have health or insurance background.

California State Records said:
According to state records of the time, members of the committee had to be "selected from persons with experience in management of hospital services, risk management insurance or prepaid health programs, the delivery of health services, the management of county health systems, and a representative of recipients of service.”

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
She's just not well liked. She's a former District Attorney and known for being ruthless. When the Democrats are riding on the back of the police brutality protests, it makes it odd for her to be there.
I'd actually support her more than I currently do if she was just open and honest about her approach to prosecuting. I hate the facade and attempts to cover it all up when it's politically expedient to do so.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You think the demonrats will follow hellary's lead and start shit with Russia if Pedo Joe "wins" since everything is Russia's fault?

The only good thing that trump and the republicunts did was lick Putin's arse clean to keep Russia on Murikas side when China make a move.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You think the demonrats will follow hellary's lead and start shit with Russia if Pedo Joe "wins" since everything is Russia's fault?

The only good thing that trump and the republicunts did was lick Putin's arse clean to keep Russia on Murikas side when China make a move.
I think if the Democrats win, there will be a new war started somewhere yes. Probably not russia, they can stand up for themselves (at least slightly).

I think it will be Iran who will cop it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think if the Democrats win, there will be a new war started somewhere yes. Probably not russia, they can stand up for themselves (at least slightly).

I think it will be Iran who will cop it.
They will hit Iran if Israel tell them to.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
They will hit Iran if Israel tell them to.
I think it's more dependent on whether US Bureaucrats decide a new war is necessary so Defence contractors can make their money and Bureaucrats and politicians can get their kick backs.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst I don't really care that much about American politics to get into any in depth discussions, I will predict that this election will have the lowest voter turnout in history, even lower than the very low turnout last time around. This will, of course, assist Trump overall.

Our system in Australia isn't perfect, but fuck America's is truly awful for so so many reasons, including how a president can be voted in by a country where fewer people vote than watch a football game.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Whilst I don't really care that much about American politics to get into any in depth discussions, I will predict that this election will have the lowest voter turnout in history, even lower than the very low turnout last time around. This will, of course, assist Trump overall.

Our system in Australia isn't perfect, but fuck America's is truly awful for so so many reasons, including how a president can be voted in by a country where fewer people vote than watch a football game.
turnout of voters casting a vote for president was nearly 1% higher than in 2012

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
turnout of voters casting a vote for president was nearly 1% higher than in 2012

Interesting. I stand corrected, but I still think this one will be low (due to bad candidates and covid), but that will be weighted against the fervor of many Trump supporters.

Going back, turnout in '96 was 49%. Less than half FFS. What kind of democracy is that?

It also appears that elections to return sitting presidents are traditionally lower (96, 04, 12 - 20?)

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting. I stand corrected, but I still think this one will be low (due to bad candidates and covid), but that will be weighted against the fervor of many Trump supporters.

Going back, turnout in '96 was 49%. Less than half FFS. What kind of democracy is that?

It also appears that elections to return sitting presidents are traditionally lower (96, 04, 12 - 20?)
I suspect that if voting was optional, we would have similar turn outs here in Australia. Our elections are held on Saturdays - how many people can be bothered going to the polling booth after a big Friday night out, or parents with kids busy at weekend sport etc.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Putin will do a Stalin anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.