Broncos Chasing Foran

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes people on here do dribble alot. You are aware of the fact that the club offered Foran a generous one year deal that he knocked back because he wanted 3 years!!! Green signed before the knee injury occurred. But of course you knew all of that
3 years or 2 years?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would he sign with the Broncos when there is a 10% decrease in the cap ,they are maxed out and he just knocked back $300k -$400k with us?
Players usually get guidance from their managers.
BTW they asked for 2 years.
The club pulled the offer.
So I don't think the option was weighted up before as Foran's manager thought there would be a negotiation not a take it or leave it.

So to answer your question Foran has a new reality. He is injured has to do rehab and has no club and no offer for next season.

I think they will have to wait to after November before he will get an offer if any.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Of course I’m aware of all that.
I just don’t understand how someone with business nous couldn’t say ‘Alright Green is rubbish and now injured, Foran wants to stay and for less than half we’ve paid for the last three years giving us now a chance to get some return on investment. Barrett really wants some experience in the halves so let’s get to work. First step- terminate Green’s contract (Any club can do this, nice guys finish last) and let’s sit down with Kieran and work out a deal everyone is ok with.’
It’s not rocket science.
And you think it’s that black and white and there’s no other mitigating factors, it’s purely the club being inept and being ‘nice’. OK :-).

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course I’m aware of all that.
I just don’t understand how someone with business nous couldn’t say ‘Alright Green is rubbish and now injured, Foran wants to stay and for less than half we’ve paid for the last three years giving us now a chance to get some return on investment. Barrett really wants some experience in the halves so let’s get to work. First step- terminate Green’s contract (Any club can do this, nice guys finish last) and let’s sit down with Kieran and work out a deal everyone is ok with.’
It’s not rocket science.
I think there is merit to what you are saying mate but I can also understand why the club has moved on. Let’s not forget they offered him a fair one year deal and he didn’t take it. He knocked it back because he wanted a longer term deal. If he had confidence in his body he would have signed the one year deal and backed himself to get an upgrade for an additional year.

Let’s not forget that if it wasn’t for covid he would have missed the first 10 rounds. Also this pec injury is only costing him 3 games buts it’s a 12 week injury.

So in his last 14 games he has suffered a shoulder injury (9 month recovery) and pec injury (3-4 month injury). I agree that Green is not a great alternative but I think Foz is pretty much done. I hope he proves me wrong though because I like him as a player

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So back in eight weeks, ready wayyy before pre season. Yet, people prefer Green who is way older, way shitter and not ready for a minimum round 12 from media speculation.
Must be the same people who rated Lichaa and said he’d play origin, said that Cleary is shit and Bellamy is a myth among many other ridiculous things some people spew on here.
Get over it mate the deal has been done why keep whinging about it!
You're working yourself up over nothing..

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran's body is screwed because of the way he has played taking the line on for 10+ years. The injuries will just keep coming sad to say.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you think it’s that black and white and there’s no other mitigating factors, it’s purely the club being inept and being ‘nice’. OK :-).
I think the club don’t want him, straight up.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is like the beginning of a nightmare... we don't sign Foran, he goes to Bonkos, kills it, sets up 4 tries when he plays us, and they make the finals and we are battling it out for the wooden spoon again.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get everyone’s point. And if there was a decent alternative I’d be all for it. To be honest I think we deserve an Australian class half but it’s not happening.
(When was the last time we had an Oz 6 or 7)
They obviously want an experienced half there.
And if the choice HAD to between Green and Foran (which is the case in this instance) I would think Foran would’ve been a better option.
I think he gives a bit more of not getting the spoon. It’s very hard to take how we have been performing and it’s not gonna be any better next year. Just don’t want the spoon two years in a row.

I mean-
Napa
DWZ
Jackson re signing
Lewis
Thompson on big dollars and now Green, there’s not a whole lot of bang for our buck at the moment.

If we did resign Foran and got a hooker we suddenly look a lot more competitive.

A lot more so than Lewis/Green/wakenham or whoever even if we signed a good Hooker.

Just want success and I think Foran would be a better choice than Green

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So back in eight weeks, ready wayyy before pre season. Yet, people prefer Green who is way older, way shitter and not ready for a minimum round 12 from media speculation.
Must be the same people who rated Lichaa and said he’d play origin, said that Cleary is shit and Bellamy is a myth among many other ridiculous things some people spew on here.
Back in 8 weeks, more than likely injured 8 weeks into the preseason. Why don't you cut out the logical fallacies? Nobody was saying we should sign a player with a torn ACL. Green did his ACL after signing .....you expected Barrett to pull out the old crystal ball and see it coming? You need to stop using his injury to suggest he was a bad signing....injuries happen and a player getting seriously injured after already signing a contract is bad luck, not bad management. On the other hand, Foran's injury may be less severe, but it is the latest in a very long line of injuries.....at a guess I'd say he's missed more games than he has played over the past 5 years.

If you want to criticise the Green signing, focus on his ability, not his injury....but in my opinion, he is far from shit.....he's no superstar and doesn't have the strike power of Foran, but he's a better organiser than Foran will ever be and more importantly, he was willing to sign a short term deal. Signing Foran for three years would be straight up madness.

I get that you think letting Foran go is a bad move and you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but damn! You really are twisting the reality of the situation to suit your narrative.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Should swap out Bird for Foran. At least foran will be out rehab before season's end.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is like the beginning of a nightmare... we don't sign Foran, he goes to Bonkos, kills it, sets up 4 tries when he plays us, and they make the finals and we are battling it out for the wooden spoon again.
We are about to find out what it will be like with no decent player in the halves for an entire season, i hope J A can kill it we will find out soon enough unfortunately.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt he goes to Brisbane but stranger things have happened. His missus has business interests in the Central Coast plus moving all her kids interstate. If he goes alone he doesn't strike me as the type of person who would do well being away from family.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doubt Foran would go to Brisbane. He wouldn't be allowed to take his kids interstate

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I think the club don’t want him, straight up.
Don’t want Foran?
Beyond one year, yes I’d agree.
Which to me says Baz has plans beyond 2021 and hence Green for 2021.
Foran wants more - at least he did until his most recent injury - he may be forced into a re-think now depending on interest from other clubs. Or is the bridge just burnt regardless...

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean IF Foran was fit for 2022, I know it’s a big IF but if he was who would be better anyway? Certainly not Burton I can tell you that much!
Looks like we have Munster or Whiton coming 2022!! Nice work T Baz!