Official Round 15 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Discussion Thread

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jmk having a blinder and rfm ordinary he is much more suited to bench prop plays so much better up the middle
Agree. Thompson was ineffective in the middle, even though we were on the back foot. Perhaps swapping him with Mariner in the second would be wise.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopoate 145 meters; Ogden 89 meters.
That's good work boys.

Also need someone running on the inside of Foran when he takes it to the line. There was a big gap in the Warriors defence on that last run.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im sure many disagree, but I think it was a good move to bench Thomson and start with Tolman. Heres why; Firstly, Jackson has been great at lock today. Best game he has played this year imo, and its only half way through. Thomson has also looked just slightly off the pace of NRL since he arrived, and as we all know the opening 20 mins or so are the most intense, so to start with Tolman makes sense. Let Tolman absorb all of the early pressure and then let Thomson come on to replace him. Its pretty much a like for like replacement.
Im guessing the original plan was for Thomson to replace Tolman next year, but since he arrived early it doesnt really make sense to play both in the starting side. And since Tolman is used to the speed of NRL its the right decision to start with him rather then Thomson.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he needs to find his feet but Thomson runs a lot like Napa, that’s not a great thing.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
RFM is suited on bench more impact
Agree, I think play breaks down when Mariner gets the short ball... Should be used as a decoy more often if he's going to stay where he is.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought they changed the rule that they couldn't call a penalty based on a replay while a player is down to stop that? Obviously not.
Maybe they did, but in this case they called the high shot for a penalty. In any case, it just creates another avenue for teams to waste time and slow the game down to give their side a rest. Get rid of the wrestle by adding the 6 again rule, but then negate it with the crackdown on crusher tackles.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im sure many disagree, but I think it was a good move to bench Thomson and start with Toman. Heres why; Firstly, Jackson has been great at lock today. Best game he has played this year imo, and its only half way through. Thomson has also looked just slightly off the pace of NRL since he arrived, and as we all know the opening 20 mins or so are the most intense, so to start with Tilman makes sense. Let Tolman absorb all of the early pressure and then let Thomson come on to replace him. Its pretty much a like for like replacement.
Im guessing the original plan was for Thomson to replace Toman next year, but since he arrived early it doesnt really make sense to play both in the starting side. And since Tolman is used to the speed of NRL its the right decision to start with him rather then Thomson.
Thompson needs to pull his fucking finger out and start earning his pay packet not enough effort for mine

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
we dont need a fullback with hoppa, just need a 7 and 9, although JMK been sensational today, so has Foz so far

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thompson should give this week's pay to Ogden