News Brandon Smith

Malla

Reaction score
Where there is smoke there is fire. Looks like he is more and more likely looking to leave Storm whether Smith chooses to stay another season or retire.

I feel Storm are opting for Grant over Brandon.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It doesnt really matter if Cam Smith stays or not, B Smith has waited all this time to be the hooker. It will all depend who the Storm want for their starting hooker, Grant or Bsmith. I think they'll take Grant, so I doubt Brandon will want to stay.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It doesnt really matter if Cam Smith stays or not, B Smith has waited all this time to be the hooker. It will all depend who the Storm want for their starting hooker, Grant or Bsmith. I think they'll take Grant, so I doubt Brandon will want to stay.
You'd be mad to take Smith over Grant tbh, not that I don't rate Smith but Grant is just so much better and has the more well rounded game.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You'd be mad to take Smith over Grant tbh, not that I don't rate Smith but Grant is just so much better and has the more well rounded game.
Yeah I love Brandon as a player but I'd take Grant too, for all the things you said.

I'd be chuffed if we get Brandon though, I love the way he plays whether its SR, Lock Prop or Hooker lol he's a beast.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I would def jizz in my pants if we get that guy.

I do think that Cam will retire though, I cannot see him playing for another team and the Storm should move on.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nick Cotric, Brandon Smith coming in and Trent Barret as coach. All of the sudden bulldogs look alot more desirable for new recruits.

If I'm being honest though I doubt this deal will go through.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Even if Cam Smith retires, Grant is going back to the Storm and will start. Why would Brandon Smith be content with being a 14 for the rest of his career if he wants to be the Kiwi hooker?
Brandon could be a ~50 minute lock and Finucane could play as a prop. The Storm will more than likely lose Welch and they're already losing Tino. It's just going to depend if Brandon HAS to play hooker. He'll also get more money at a club like us.