News Foran. Canterbury bulldogs withdraw offer.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Less off the mark than your $3.6 million though right?
This whole thread is based off a telecrap article right? The actual article list Foran's salary at $1 million this year.

As I said when Foran signed WIDELY reported $2.6 to $2.8 million was contract value based on incentives.
U based it on the telecrap,not me I don’t subscribe to shit journalism,that has nothing but negatives for our club,and if it was widely reported as u say 2.6 to 2.8,y did your telecrap put him in the 1million + per year ?

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeh right.....and we also didn’t offer the Morris brothers a longer contract cause they were past it...it will come back and bight us on the arse ..again.
Totally see your point of view and i agree both Morris boys are gun players BUT they have both been injured once or twice in a year at the rorters

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
For everyone saying Foran is delusional for wanting 3 years, just remember that people said he was delusional for aiming to get back from that ankle injury last year in six weeks, and he did it, and then people said he was delusional saying he would play this season after the shoulder injury playing for NZ, and yet here we are.

I'm not saying Foran should get 3 years, or that he can play another 3 years. But it is interesting that Foran has said stuff before and been called delusional, and yet he proved himself. I wouldn't put it past him doing it again, he is that competitive and professional.
Withdrawing the offer suggests we have moved on. One never hears of an offer being withdrawn then a higher offer ever made. Either we are dumb or we have someone younger or less injury prone in mind.
Reminds me of letting Ennis go...he wanted 2 years we said 1. Why not Foran on $400k for 3 years?.... If he lasts that long your not going to get an equivalent player any cheaper. Who's to say he can't go around another 3 years?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Certainly not the kennel,who’s quote yours,1.2 is the contract he signed,and it was also stated on many websites,including the clubs,when he signed on,also y would you say 2.6 to 2.8 your stating he’s on 900k a season when,it’s been well documented he’s in the top 5 paid players in the nrl,in a contract well in excess of a million a season,any wonder the club don’t want a bar of him anymore,so do a bit more research instead of plucking figures from the air
He was on a dramatically backended deal.

You seriously dont know this? Its been widely publicised. i dont even need my insider to confirm this because its known.

Firtst year was somepin like 600k (maybe 700)
2nd year 800k
Third year, this year, 1.2mil

When you take this year out of context, then yes he's one of the top paid. But over the 3 years yo (850k) he's just average premier half wage.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Im'a play it this way.

option 1.
500k one year deal. straight up. No bs. just lost love between thugs.
option 2.
425k or 450k 2 year deal. Year 2 activated by 18 game minimum clause. my preference.
option 3.
275k 3 year deal. Shit gets real its just a cheap gamble that can be frontloaded.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man-o-man.

People are actually saying we should re-sign him for 3 more years? I'm a massive fan of Foran and do think he could potentially offer a lot to our club.

But how many games has he played these last 3 years? Since the last injury, how many times has he, a 5/8, taken time on the bench because of an injury?

And we should offer him 3 years? Come on now. I'd like him to stay simply because I think his experience would prove to be invaluable but 3 years?

Go have a lay down if you think we should do that

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Foran is hopefully leaving then why the fuck doesnt SG the moron just drop him for the remainder of the season and give a Averillo a go at 5/8. Averillo needs the ball in his hands more 5/8 is the perfect position for him. Fuck Foran drop the flop and give Averillo a go his our future so why waste more time with Foran. These last few games would be invaluable to Averillos development moving forward. Couldn't care less if we get the spoon. Using these last few games for the younger players to gain experience is more important then avoiding the spoon in my eyes.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Foran is hopefully leaving then why the fuck doesnt SG the moron just drop him for the remainder of the season and give a Averillo a go at 5/8. Averillo needs the ball in his hands more 5/8 is the perfect position for him. Fuck Foran drop the flop and give Averillo a go his our future so why waste more time with Foran. These last few games would be invaluable to Averillos development moving forward. Couldn't care less if we get the spoon. Using these last few games for the younger players to gain experience is more important then avoiding the spoon in my eyes.
You're making WAY too much sense for SG. It should happen, and I'd love it to happen, but it ain't gonna happen for whatever reason
The only way it could happen is if Foran goes down injured during the game and they're forced to put Avo at 6......but how likely is that to happen? :laughing:

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was on a dramatically backended deal.

You seriously dont know this? Its been widely publicised. i dont even need my insider to confirm this because its known.

Firtst year was somepin like 600k (maybe 700)
2nd year 800k
Third year, this year, 1.2mil

When you take this year out of context, then yes he's one of the top paid. But over the 3 years yo (850k) he's just average premier half wage.
First I’ve heard of forans backended deal,our own ceo informed us at our last forum,that the club has no more salary cap issues,and our backended deasls will no longer be entertained,

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah you're right.....over the past 3 years Kieran has taken us everywhere!
Exactly 3 years of Foran and all we achieved is bottom 4. With him gone we might move up the ladder and reach mediocrity.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
U based it on the telecrap,not me I don’t subscribe to shit journalism,that has nothing but negatives for our club,and if it was widely reported as u say 2.6 to 2.8,y did your telecrap put him in the 1million + per year ?
Are you fucking thick or what?
Why are you going on about the telecrap. I don't live in Sydney, don't subscribe and wouldn't pay one red fucking cent to that rag. Don't buy it don't read it.

Foran's contract before and after he signed was all over places like Zero Tackle, Fox Sports, NRL 360, Sunday Footy show, so on & so forth. All the while with contract figure in the range mentioned.

Where did you get $3.6 million from?
Where is it "documented" Foran is in the top 5 highest paid players in the NRL?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you could add a clause that if he breaks down he’s not part of our salary cap and paid to be on the coaching staff in a way that Burgess & Inglis were at Souths it would be ideal