Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole world is virtually filled with Karens at the moment due to all the misinformation, panic and fear mongering.

I watched a store clerk call a Boeing engineer a stupid idiot due to differing views!
Lets get one thing straight.
A shit kicking store clerk has no right to call an engineer of aeroplanes stupid!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole world is virtually filled with Karens at the moment due to all the misinformation, panic and fear mongering.

I watched a store clerk call a Boeing engineer a stupid idiot due to differing views!
A shit kicking store clerk has no right to call an engineer of aeroplanes stupid!
Tell me about it, as an engineer of the mechanical kind myself aswell you always get ***** who think they are smarter or more logical than you yet thats why studied one of the hardest degrees around and I am a real proven problem solver who people will pay good money for...

Alot of non engineering industries are now starting to hire engineers because they have seen their own wana be smart people aren't good problem solvers, smart or just full of air period, in our field of work we deal with many types of systems and areas of skill so adapting to a new system outside our domain isn't to challenging and employers are seeing the benefit of it.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Every **** thinks they are "woke" because they regurgitate shit on Facebook.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How does Daniel Andrews still have a job when this shit show in Victoria is entirely his responsibility?
I wouldn't say it's entirely his responsibility. It's the responsibility of him, the other members of government, the security companies, the public, etc.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

What if the debate was over the correct way to stack shelves?

Nevermind. The engineer would still win that argument.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why schools should remain closed - https://www.news.com.au/world/north...d/news-story/310b216f5466a6aac65a1bb157fdf0b6

At least 200 children and 60 staff members who were at a kids’ summer camp in the US have contracted coronavirus.

Children attending the camp in the southern state of Georgia were sent home when one staff member tested positive for the virus in late June.

Georgia’s Governor Brian Kemp had required children to undergo a COVID-19 test before being allowed to go on the camp. They were all tested up to 12 days before starting camp in mid-June.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is why schools should remain closed - https://www.news.com.au/world/north...d/news-story/310b216f5466a6aac65a1bb157fdf0b6

At least 200 children and 60 staff members who were at a kids’ summer camp in the US have contracted coronavirus.

Children attending the camp in the southern state of Georgia were sent home when one staff member tested positive for the virus in late June.

Georgia’s Governor Brian Kemp had required children to undergo a COVID-19 test before being allowed to go on the camp. They were all tested up to 12 days before starting camp in mid-June.
You would hope those 200 children and 60 staff don't go see those who at high risk, at least until they test negative again.

It is expected this virus is going to be around a long time.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wearing a mask to work from tomorrow. As I'm fashion forward the trend in my workplace will take off.

One other tip, grab as much toilet paper as you can, let this be your final warning for those with heads still in the sand.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would hope those 200 children and 60 staff don't go see those who at high risk, at least until they test negative again.
If the parents are stupid enough to send their kids to a camp in the midst of a pandemic, I wouldn't expect them to have the brains to keep those kids away from those most at risk. They act like it's not happening, it's mind-boggling.

It is expected this virus is going to be around a long time.
It's funny you say that, my wife and are currently having the conversation 'should we go and get infected now and recover or wait till wave 27'?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the parents are stupid enough to send their kids to a camp in the midst of a pandemic, I wouldn't expect them to have the brains to keep those kids away from those most at risk. They act like it's not happening, it's mind-boggling.

It's funny you say that, my wife and are currently having the conversation 'should we go and get infected now and recover or wait till wave 27'?
Are people who send their children to school stupid? Just curious as to your first comment being schools should still be closed.

Cant keep schools closed and parents off work baby sitting for those kids for 27 waves.

But by all means, if you have the financial backing to keep your kids home for another lockdown (or 10). You are welcome to self isolate your family.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are people who send their children to school stupid? Just curious as to your first comment being schools should still be closed.

Cant keep schools closed and parents off work baby sitting for those kids for 27 waves.

But by all means, if you have the financial backing to keep your kids home for another lockdown (or 10). You are welcome to self isolate your family.
In the midst of an increasing pandemic yeah. If the virus was contained like it was here just weeks ago, then sending your kids to school is not so much an issue or risk. But in America this virus is still exploding across that country, so yeah sending your kids to school or camp or even to the local shops in that environment is far to great a risk. Is it worth your health, the health of your parents/grandparents or your kids to miss a few months or even a year at school during this time?

I think you will find most countries will re-set their school curriculum to deal with this period. Whether that involves allowing the re-taking of tests or courses or subjects remains to be seen, but I don't think we should expect students to deal with these circumstances and pass their grades.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In the midst of an increasing pandemic yeah. If the virus was contained like it was here just weeks ago, then sending your kids to school is not so much an issue or risk. But in America this virus is still exploding across that country, so yeah sending your kids to school or camp or even to the local shops in that environment is far to great a risk. Is it worth your health, the health of your parents/grandparents or your kids to miss a few months or even a year at school during this time?

I think you will find most countries will re-set their school curriculum to deal with this period. Whether that involves allowing the re-taking of tests or courses or subjects remains to be seen, but I don't think we should expect students to deal with these circumstances and pass their grades.
You know children not going to school for a "few months year" just doesnt effect the children. Right? How do you expect parents to stay home for upto a year? How to you expect a tradie or other self employed people to stop work and stay home for upto a year and get paid penuts by the government (which is going to hurt the economy long term) to look after their kids. To try educate them...

You're not going to stop this virus. There is no such thing as eradicating this virus. There are many things you can do to keep infection rates (and death rates. Yes people will die) at a sustainable level and protect the vulnerable. But you want to close schools and take away the parents ability to provide.

You say risk my health and the health of my kids. Statistically and through front line experience. The risk of severe health problems to my children and I are very low. I don't see anyone with a high risk.

If you are privileged enough to have the finances to support yourself and your kids at home, without an equivalent income. Good luck to you... self isolate. Keep yourself safe in whatever way you feel

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know children not going to school for a "few months year" just doesnt effect the children. Right? How do you expect parents to stay home for upto a year? How to you expect a tradie or other self employed people to stop work and stay home for upto a year and get paid penuts by the government (which is going to hurt the economy long term) to look after their kids. To try educate them...

You're not going to stop this virus. There is no such thing as eradicating this virus. There are many things you can do to keep infection rates (and death rates. Yes people will die) at a sustainable level and protect the vulnerable. But you want to close schools and take away the parents ability to provide.

You say risk my health and the health of my kids. Statistically and through front line experience. The risk to my children and I are very low. I don't see anyone with a high risk.

If you are privileged enough to have the finances to support yourself and your kids at home, without an equivalent income. Good luck to you... self isolate. Keep yourself safe in whatever way you feel
It's unprecedented times and people have to make unprecedented decisions, you can't expect everyone to make the same one. When I say it's stupid it's because I see higher risk versus low reward. Some will see acceptable risk is worth the reward.

And who's to say we won't eradicate this virus, we've done it before with vaccines?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's unprecedented times and people have to make unprecedented decisions, you can't expect everyone to make the same one. When I say it's stupid it's because I see higher risk versus low reward. Some will see acceptable risk is worth the reward.

And who's to say we won't eradicate this virus, we've done it before with vaccines?
Oh once we get a vaccine. A whole lot changes. Not only answers, but questions will change.

Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.