Opinion Theres a lot to like.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We didnt win today, but there was a lot to like in my opinion.
- Once again we came from behind against a top 8 team. Top 4 team actually.
- We showed geeat mental resolve, continually pushing up in defense and putting pressure on their attack. We defended really well for the most part. I thought our line speed was fantastic for most of the games. Sadly their offloads when they came pit us off a bit and we conceded metres, but otherwise it was awesome to see.
- Our bench rotation has been far superior these past weeks, it seems that our forwards are actually being replaced when they are showing fatigue, and JMK was given a spell so that he could be more affective later on.
- Meaney has shown he does have a bit of ball playing in his repertoire. He was very good at the back, way better then DWZ, who really seems to have gone into his shell since being shifted to the wing.

All in all, we actually could have, and should have beaten one of the bench.ark teams of the year today. If it wasnt for a dud referee call we win. Very good effort by the boys IMO!!!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Loved keeping them scorless in the 2nd half, disgusted by the 1st half. No effort, stupid mistakes, fkn stupid captains challenges (doesn't challenge when needed, challenges when it was a clear correct call).

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Loved keeping them scorless in the 2nd half, disgusted by the 1st half. No effort, stupid mistakes, fkn stupid captains challenges (doesn't challenge when needed, challenges when it was a clear correct call).
I dont think we were that bad in the first half. Take away DWZ play the ball and Lafais dropped ball, and add our 6 points for the disallowed try and we were right in it at HT.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I dont think we were that bad in the first half. Take away DWZ play the ball and Lafais dropped ball, and add our 6 points for the disallowed try and we were right in it at HT.
I honestly didn't see any effort and looked like pay was back in the box.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We didnt win today, but there was a lot to like in my opinion.
- Once again we came from behind against a top 8 team. Top 4 team actually.
- We showed geeat mental resolve, continually pushing up in defense and putting pressure on their attack. We defended really well for the most part. I thought our line speed was fantastic for most of the games. Sadly their offloads when they came pit us off a bit and we conceded metres, but otherwise it was awesome to see.
- Our bench rotation has been far superior these past weeks, it seems that our forwards are actually being replaced when they are showing fatigue, and JMK was given a spell so that he could be more affective later on.
- Meaney has shown he does have a bit of ball playing in his repertoire. He was very good at the back, way better then DWZ, who really seems to have gone into his shell since being shifted to the wing.

All in all, we actually could have, and should have beaten one of the bench.ark teams of the year today. If it wasnt for a dud referee call we win. Very good effort by the boys IMO!!!
The only thing lacking was finishing off sets on the line with tries. We had them under loads of pressure for the bulk of the second half. Hopefully it's a sign that we're going to keep improving under Georgalis for the rest of the year. We won't play finals footy. But it would be great to finish with a few wins against sides that are heading into the finals.

If we hadn't shot ourselves in the foot with costly early errors we'd have win number 3 on the board.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will say that it looks like Lewis is taking the line on a bit more and has developed a step.

Now, if it’s a good one or a bad one, I don’t know.

But seeing as we’re stuck with him for next year, I’d like to see how he goes under a proper halves coach in Barrett.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I listened to the first half on the radio. Sounded like the ref was giving us a hiding. Hard to look good under those circumstances.
Maybe I'm being too harsh but apart from that no try we didn't look scoring. Granted I didn't actively watch every second because I took the kids fishing but we didn't look like we did like the last 2 weeks.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe I'm being too harsh but apart from that no try we didn't look scoring. Granted I didn't actively watch every second because I took the kids fishing but we didn't look like we did like the last 2 weeks.
I watched the second half at the pub and we dominated field position once we'd gotten it back to 2 points. We got about 6 line dropouts all up through our short kicking off the back of the forwards going well. We just lacked the execution to turn it into points.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Playing better opposition mate that’s why Melbourne next week and they are even better defenders the four or five sets straight on their line today and couldn’t come up with anything it’s disappointing and a few bad fifth tackle options to finish aswell gifting them the ball back you can’t win games like that

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I watched the second half at the pub and we dominated field position once we'd gotten it back to 2 points. We got about 6 line dropouts all up through our short kicking off the back of the forwards going well. We just lacked the execution to turn it into points.
2nd half was like chalk and cheese.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well yeh a win vs Knights then almost getting the Eels is better form than earlier in the year. Eels being top 4, and knights would have been at the time if they had beat us.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If toomaga is fit and plays
If sg keeps thommo on longer than that imbecile tolman
If reimis plays wing instead of floptoya
And if katoa played more game time

plenty of things we can do within to imorove
We’ve always had a half decent roster but no kent can choose the right team

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty sure every captains challenge we have lost this year has come from DWZ. Jacko needs to sit DWZ down and bitch slap the fuck out of him and make it clear no more captains challengers from you

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we had a strike centre, top hooker and a competent half alongside Foran we'd be in the eight easily this year. That's including the Hopoate and Elliott injuries. Next year should be good. We have a very good base we just need to get rid (or not have to play at least) of some donkeys.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Non positives
Dumb shit. Thats what cost us the game today.
Couple of little breaks and 3rd week in a row where we havent backed up.
Were still gaining what appears to be half the metres than our oppostion for sets. I suppose when the ref keeps fucking you leaves you without much of a chance to close the gap.

Positives
Mostly boys against men out there again today.
I thought Parra defended their line extremely well.
Meany and Jacko with short kicks today for repeat sets, wheres that been all year? Bigger picture with coaching.
3rd week in a row where weve scored more tries, should have been 4 against a finals team.
We lost by 2, before the game I thought it would be 12+

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will say that it looks like Lewis is taking the line on a bit more and has developed a step.

Now, if it’s a good one or a bad one, I don’t know.

But seeing as we’re stuck with him for next year, I’d like to see how he goes under a proper halves coach in Barrett.
A lot of us on this forum have bagged Lewis and quite honestly I was one, but I must say we have to give credit for the effort , the kid tries hard and with him rather than Wakem we seem to keep the score a lot closer even when we lose, and the games we have won including the last rounds of last year, it was with Lewis at halfback. Today I saw a big improvement in his game that showed he does have the capabilities he just needs to develop the skills and once again his defense is outstanding . Wakem has not provided us with anything better than what lewis is doing, anyway it must be very frustrating for all 3 of our young halves to have the other 2 breathing down their back ,it puts a lot of pressure on their game. and by constant rotation does not give them a chance to gel & develop combinations and Visa Versa for the rest of the team, Anyway Congratulations to the boys for their great effort today we were not disgraced by any means. .

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of us on this forum have bagged Lewis and quite honestly I was one, but I must say we have to give credit for the effort , the kid tries hard and with him rather than Wakem we seem to keep the score a lot closer even when we lose, and the games we have won including the last rounds of last year, it was with Lewis at halfback. Today I saw a big improvement in his game that showed he does have the capabilities he just needs to develop the skills and once again his defense is outstanding . Wakem has not provided us with anything better than what lewis is doing, anyway it must be very frustrating for all 3 of our young halves to have the other 2 breathing down their back ,it puts a lot of pressure on their game. and by constant rotation does not give them a chance to gel & develop combinations and Visa Versa for the rest of the team, Anyway Congratulations to the boys for their great effort today we were not disgraced by any means. .
It's a bad situation for the back up players right now. If you aren't in the top 17 you can't even play your way into form anywhere.