News Foran wants future sorted soon

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
K ieran Foran is yet to hear from Canterbury's next coach Trent Barrett but hopes to have his own NRL future resolved in the next month.

Foran's big-money contract with the Bulldogs is set to expire at the end of this season and a pay cut is likely for the five-eighth.

The 30-year-old indicated on Sunday he wanted to remain at the Bulldogs, after injuries have restricted to him just 36 of a possible 60 games for the club.

It comes on the same weekend he was linked to Newcastle with the Wests Tigers also rumoured to be showing interest.

"The club has been pretty patient with me," Foran said.

"I had every intention of playing each week and playing my best footy. I have just had a horrible run of luck with injuries.

"If I can have a change of luck and stay on the field I would love to do that with Canterbury."

Foran showed in the Bulldogs' loss to Parramatta what he can do when he can stay on the field, establishing nice combinations on his left edge.

And the Kiwi international would ideally like his future sorted quickly, not wanting it to drag into the off-season.

"It would be nice to get it done within the next few weeks for sure," he said.

"There is obviously a process that needs to go through from both sides.

"I'm really comfortable with what the club need to do in that regard. And they're respectful of what I need to do.

"There is a real genuine respect from both sides. Hopefully we are able to sort something out."

Foran though is yet to have that conversation with Barrett.

Last week Adam Elliott revealed he'd spoken to Barrett about his future, with the second-rower off contract and in demand.

Elliott though is out injured, and with Foran on the field all his dealings have been with Bulldogs management.

"I haven't had a chat with Baz, haven't spoken to him," Foran said.

"I think he's pretty busy with his stuff over there, they're flying at the moment. As players here we're not looking too far forward to next year.

"We've just got to focus on what we've got in front of us here and get some wins for the morale of the club."

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly it sounds like he wants too much money. I don't wanna pay overs again for someone who plays 60% of games.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And replace him with who?
Bryce gibbs for all i fucking care. There is plenty of good young talent out there look at penrith. Just coaches and clubs wont give them a go. Mr bean could start more games than foran in the future.
I cant remember one game he has closed out for us.
But so many want to keep him for his experience and guidance.
Yeah he was decent today but missing again when it mattered.

Reactions: DT

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be telling that Barrett hasn't spoken to him, but has spoken to Elliott.
Thats a good point. Why did Barrett call Elliot 3 times but hasn't bothered to call Foz yet? You'd think signing the 6 would be more important than Elliot unless he has soemone else in mind. Hmmmm

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I kept hearing the commentators saying Foran needed to be out front to take the pass from dummy half, and get some early ball out to the backs, instead of letting the forwards dictate the play.

We need the big guys to make ground, but Foran has to add some attack through our outside backs while the opposition is lining up for yet another one out run from our forwards. Keep them guessing, and we'll score tries.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
foran playing club against club, if he was so keen to stay he would have reached agreement already, considering hes stated he feels like he owes the bulldogs plenty for sticking by him

bye bye foran your not worth what your wanting

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Could be telling that Barrett hasn't spoken to him, but has spoken to Elliott.
It could be telling either way though, right?
If Baz and Foz haven’t spoken it may be because Baz believes he’ll be here next year and there’s plenty of time to talk later. In Herb’s case it may have been that Baz said he’s not in the plans and wishes him well so it may have been a short conversation. Both scenarios sound plausible to me...

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kept hearing the commentators saying Foran needed to be out front to take the pass from dummy half, and get some early ball out to the backs, instead of letting the forwards dictate the play.

We need the big guys to make ground, but Foran has to add some attack through our outside backs while the opposition is lining up for yet another one out run from our forwards. Keep them guessing, and we'll score tries.
Its been the issue wth our attack since 2012. The halves dont get any quality ball as the forwards play like the halves...and we've been the worst attacking team in the comp for years. One day we'll figure out that the halves should play like the halves

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could be telling either way though, right?
If Baz and Foz haven’t spoken it may be because Baz believes he’ll be here next year and there’s plenty of time to talk later. In Herb’s case it may have been that Baz said he’s not in the plans and wishes him well so it may have been a short conversation. Both scenarios sound plausible to me...
Elliot actually said Baz told him he was in his plans and wanted him to stay

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gould said 300k, cant give him anymore than 400. Remember when Benji refused the contract at St George and ended up playing for the broncos for 150k?