I'm not after mammoth dollars': Foran keen to stay with Bulldogs

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be fine with keeping him around on a cheap deal next season and maybe 2 more as he is only just gone 30. Can't help but admire his game despite all the setbacks, whether by injury or otherwise.

But any new deal probably needs to be with the premise that we are developing future halves/remaining in the market for a top half. Foran can certainly help with that, but not if he is taking up space that could be allocated to improving our halves for the future.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do people think hes this great mentor for young halves. Hes been doing nothing but giving them advice for 3 years now and not one of them has improved. Hes a recovering alcoholic/gambler. Yes give him another contract to mentor our young halves.
Fuck some of u have zero idea.
Same as kimmorley and sherwin, yes they played half but they are just not coaches. Move on get better people in.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do people think hes this great mentor for young halves. Hes been doing nothing but giving them advice for 3 years now and not one of them has improved. Hes a recovering alcoholic/gambler. Yes give him another contract to mentor our young halves.
Same as kimmorley and sherwin, yes they played half but they are just not coaches. Move on get better people in.
Cheers for the massive serving of dumb logic.

Foran is still a quality player despite the injury problems. He's won a premiership and has the right attitude for the game when he does get on the field. Exactly the type of example that is worth having around on the cheap. Experience and quality and he actually wants to be there by the sounds of it.

Perhaps if we had a group of high-quality halves bashing down the FG door, you might have a point. But I think right now we aren't in that position so having some experience and genuine quality, even if we don't get a full season out of him will be good for further down the track and building our spine out.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the offer has been tabled, but why hasn’t he re-signed yet? I hope he re-signs because he really is class and one of our key players

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I am fair dinkum, you’ve seen what happen when he went off against the dragons and unless you have someone to replace him with then YES we need to regain him
He seems to be going ok bodywise at the moment even though hes still a bit short on fittness if hes not signed this club is bonkers, all the haters will say hes made of glass but he had a shoulder an ankle when two blokes fell on his twisted leg he was just unlucky, we will never find someone to his standard for the next year and maybe the one after, if you can pay a centre 600,000 you can find 600 for him hes class!

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the offer has been tabled, but why hasn’t he re-signed yet? I hope he re-signs because he really is class and one of our key players
Apparently the offer is 400k but 100k of it is based on number of games played he isn’t happy with that aspect

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Disagree about Kimmorley. Very good halves coach imo, played direct digging into the line and provided good options for his teammates. If he was halves coach and we stuck with Cogger last year we'd be in a much better position imo.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently the offer is 400k but 100k of it is based on number of games played he isn’t happy with that aspect
yeah I can't see Foran staying on a 1 year contract at $300k guaranteed. Can you?

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah I can't see Foran staying on a 1 year contract at $300k guaranteed. Can you?
Seems like money isnt the motivator for him. He looks like he has a different point to prove, that he can still play and that he wants to do it for the bulldogs. Coming out and saying he knows he hasnt been good, that he knows hes not worth much anymore and that he owes it to the club would only depreciate his value imo. I think he genuinely wants to move forward with the club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seems fair enough tho considering his missed games ratio of approx 50%.

Incredible how these incentive clauses make a big difference at times. If he had a contract like that now, who knows, he may haven been able to fnish the Dragons game.

Too unreliable to establish any continuity in the team. Hope he isnt re-signed.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers for the massive serving of dumb logic.

Foran is still a quality player despite the injury problems. He's won a premiership and has the right attitude for the game when he does get on the field. Exactly the type of example that is worth having around on the cheap. Experience and quality and he actually wants to be there by the sounds of it.

Perhaps if we had a group of high-quality halves bashing down the FG door, you might have a point. But I think right now we aren't in that position so having some experience and genuine quality, even if we don't get a full season out of him will be good for further down the track and building our spine out.
Bullshit with this virus shut down on there are halves all over the world sitting down that can and will add more than foz.
Hes broken, move on. We have barret now we dont need foz input from the sidelines.
Our young halves and club have gone backwards since his arrival. But lets extend him fmd.
Lets give him 400k to keep the dust off the rehab gear. Pfffft. We need reliable players with speed. Shit id give maloney 800k before foran 400. Move on hes cooked.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Disagree about Kimmorley. Very good halves coach imo, played direct digging into the line and provided good options for his teammates. If he was halves coach and we stuck with Cogger last year we'd be in a much better position imo.
You seriously have a hard on for Cogger dont you! :tongueclosed:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Time for him to hang up the boots.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You seriously have a hard on for Cogger dont you! :tongueclosed:
Nope I just think it's obvious he's been the best 7 at the club for the past 2 years. Not making out he's a superstar just pushing his case as it incredibly unfair that he hasn't had a fair go and is off contract during Covid with no reserve grade