Opinion What was the most pleasing thing about today's win?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
It cements for me we aren't a bad team. Pay instilled fight and defence in us we just can't seal tries. It's a big thang but it's the only thang.

when the wet weather assisted us, and we could grind, the wardigs came back.

It just shows we are one lightning hooker away from greatness.

Grant, McInnes, Clark, Peats and we are a contender.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last 20 minutes was a disgrace and shows what we are made of. Our spine is a disgrace but we have a bunch of blokes in the middle that keep showing up which got us over the line.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So typical of you to take the glass half empty mentality!!! Enjoy the win and give the boys some credit FFS. Only the second time this year I have been happy after a game of football. Just fucking enjoy it. You probably kicked your dog and punched the 5v after that win.
Sorry my emotions don't live up to your standards.

Btw have you ever thought that maybe you're the negative one constantly nitpicking my posts? I said there were some positives and named some of them but apparently that isn't good enough for you.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Katoa was good at lock,
He looked solid and brought some aggression,pleasantly surprised.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy for Stevie g such a nice bloke and mainly klemmer

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Not a lot of positives from today's game.

We almost lost to a team that had season ending injuries to both of their hookers.
Plenty of positives. The grit against a far superior team. The hustle, the scrabble defence. These are the thing that helped us go on a run last year. It was a game that could have been 40 against we we played like spooners or shit attitude.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You and @BEAST MODE Should have a beer tonight. Fucking heaps of positives. We actually won a fucking game being one of them!!!
Yep we won - but mostly because the knights had two players go down to season ending injuries.

How many more games this year are we likely to be lucky enough to have both hookers from the opposition team go down injured for the match?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This thread reminds of the song by Hozier , take me to church 8-):tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Plenty of positives. The grit against a far superior team. The hustle, the scrabble defence. These are the thing that helped us go on a run last year. It was a game that could have been 40 against we we played like spooners or shit attitude.
Personally I thought our attitude for the last 20 minutes was awful with kicks out on the full, and generally giving up on scoring any points or playing any football.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep we won - but mostly because the knights had two players go down to season ending injuries.

How many more games this year are we likely to be lucky enough to have both hookers from the opposition team go down injured for the match?
Come on mate, its not the only reason we won. Our completions were fucking sensational. If had have made as many errors as them we would have been spanked. Yet we didn't, and we won. We had them to zero for 60 mins, and we managed to hold on under immense pressure to win.
Its bloody hard to get off your line in such tough weather conditions, so i can't fault the way we finished the game off in that regard. If Wakeham didn't kick out on the full it would have been much easier.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I had an inkling Katoa would play through the middle and he got through a ton of work

Good to see Averillo back , still raw, scored one , bombed one and let one in but plenty of upside to his game

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally I thought our attitude for the last 20 minutes was awful with kicks out on the full, and generally giving up on scoring any points or playing any football.
Kicks out on the full has nothing to do with attitude. We were pinned in our 20 due to the professionalism of Pearce and Ponga, and we did well to hold things together and not let them snatch the win. The boys were out on their feet.
You done throw the football around, or in your words "play football" when it is passing down rain, your camped in your own end and defending a lead. That would have been suicide.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The effort of 16 players, wakeham is our version of broncos milford.
Klemmer sooking at halftime. No respect shoving an ex team mate like that.
Rfm was our best, katoa made a difference. Enjoy while we can

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Lol I think that was more ability than attitude. The boys were resilient. I thought we were gone once the Knights scored the 1st try. They have the ability to put on a few tries but we stuck in there. The weather obviously was the biggest factor in our favour.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo is something. I just hope Barrett rates him and finds a spot for him somewhere in the 17 because he has talent. Bombed the try but he still beat the defence and was there for the grounding. Is he a fullback? Five eight? Or centre?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Effort,and the fact that they hang in there,is what our club asks,and with the exception of a couple of games this year,effort can’t be questioned,very unlucky against sharks,we had the rabbits but unfortunately got away from us,and lost in 79 th minute against dragons,at least we are heading in the right direction