We desperately need another half!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran may or may not get another contract, but if the club has ne desire to trial Averilo in the halves, (he is our long term fb IMO) then we desperately need to sign a quality half, 2 if Foran is not re-signed.
Wakeham has not progressed in fg whatsoever. He has been terrible!!! He should not have been on our bench today, and should not have played the final 10 mins. Especially when trying to hold on to a small lead i wet conditions. At least Lewis can defend for that period.
With no opportunity for Biondi-Odo in reserves tbis year, there is no telling how good he could become, so we need to buy a quality half no matter what. Unless Barrett decides to play Foran and Averilo in the halves.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Surely Wakeham was only named to cover Foran?

As much as Lewis is a dud, SG should of left him on the last 10, not because he was good, just because it was a shit move to put a rookie on in those conditions and situation.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see Cogger get more opportunity. I think he offers more than Wakeham and Lewis combined.
Cogger needs to be given a chance for a couple of games win or lose I think your right he offers more than wakeham & lewis combined

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know its a pretty obvious thread, and there has been plenty of talk about our interest in Burton, but Lewis' consistent mistakes, and wakehams shocking effort to close out todays game very much prove we need to recruit.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to see Cogger get more opportunity. I think he offers more than Wakeham and Lewis combined.
He does need some decent games to prove himself. But i fear the writing is on the wall for him, so theres probably not much chance it will hapen.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He does need some decent games to prove himself. But i fear the writing is on the wall for him, so theres probably not much chance it will hapen.
It's hard for him to prove himself without lower grades to show his attributes too. I just hope he doesn't move on and excel elsewhere.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis seems like a blockhead who never learns and continously makes the same mistakes over and over again...... You could pair with him with Andrew John's for a coaching session but he'd still run out doing the same old mistakes...

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I Dont think they will get another Half.
I think Baz will work with what we have to start with as these guys we have will benefit with having Baz as Coach

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Wakeham has potential, however not just yet. Until we have a reserve grade comp again, it's ducks and drakes with him. You rightly pointed out that he was picked more out of necessity to cover Foz. Makes me wonder that we are deliberately rotating our squad purely based on giving the squad match fitness based on there being no reserve grade.
Well it's a proven fact now that Lewis and Wakeham are not ready for FG (Lewis will never will be)

Cogger has to have a run until we buy a half or 2.

If he fails then play Avo where he wants to play @ 5/8th.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cogger is the pick of the 3. He should be given a shot with Foz

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be inclined to keep averillo cogger Wakeham Foran for now after an off-season with Barrett.
Other than Burton who is available after 2021 we might make a hasty decision given who's available at the moment.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's hard for him to prove himself without lower grades to show his attributes too. I just hope he doesn't move on and excel elsewhere.
Same situation for many of our youngsters as well. Considering where we are at as a club, we have probably suffered more then most with the lack of junior and reserve grade competitions. We really needed a few of our youngsters to stand up this year, and even players like wakeham would have really benefited with tha missed game time.