Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you are seeking, but I think Joe Bonamassa may be close. Here's a 12 min cover of a zz top classic, which basically is also a homage to Led Zep. (And for any drummers out there, Billy Cobham)

Had a ticket for a drum clinic in Perth to watch Billy Cobham and missed it. Spewin.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Annoys me that this thread isn't stickied anymore and I actually have to look for the only thread in the Lounge i look at lol.

Completely unrelated.. Can any of you guys recommend some real guitary blues haha. Like Stevie Ray Vaughan type shit? And then cross that over into kinda southern bluesy metal shit like Stone The Crow by Down?
Haven’t you and @Hacky McAxe got some clout around here?
C’mon boys, time to get this thread stickied again, shits me having to search for it...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Annoys me that this thread isn't stickied anymore and I actually have to look for the only thread in the Lounge i look at lol.

Completely unrelated.. Can any of you guys recommend some real guitary blues haha. Like Stevie Ray Vaughan type shit? And then cross that over into kinda southern bluesy metal shit like Stone The Crow by Down?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
New Spiritbox song is heavy and bouncy as fuck and I love Courtney's vocals. Big fan and can't wait for the album, which unfortunately was delayed due to the pandemic.

New Orbit Culture. A mix of Deathcore with a bit of James Hatfield sprinkled in. These Swedes just keep putting out bangers.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.
No worries. ps guy singing at around 8 mins is the Katatonia singer.

It is pretty typical of The Ocean, so if you like that you would probably like their other stuff if you aren't already familiar. Their albums definitely take digesting though, a lot to take in.

This is a fav song of theirs for me (well actually it is 2 songs but they flow)

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Spiritbox song is heavy and bouncy as fuck and I love Courtney's vocals. Big fan and can't wait for the album, which unfortunately was delayed due to the pandemic.

New Orbit Culture. A mix of Deathcore with a bit of James Hatfield sprinkled in. These Swedes just keep putting out bangers.

I'd put my spirit in her box

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

This is pretty awesome, love the clip too. There was something really cool seeing someone mime screamy singing without looking like they are screaming.

ps yeah she hot.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is pretty awesome, love the clip too. There was something really cool seeing someone mime screamy singing without looking like they are screaming.

ps yeah she hot.
I'm hooked on the song. I am definitely becoming a big fan of the band. I dig the video clip, not bad for a D.I.Y job. The make-up when she is the demon looks so good, she'd make a good character in a horror movie like that. The make-up was actually done by a band members girlfriend. Another friend of theirs did all the editing and added effects.

Talking of Courtney, here is a live one take video of her singing Rule of Nines.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
She is pretty cool, funny as well.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score