News Cotric's Bulldogs deal is official, Barrett's announcement to follow

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By Adrian Proszenko
July 22, 2020 — 11.10am

Nick Cotric has become the first recruit to commit to Canterbury's new era under Trent Barrett, with the club confirming the Origin star's three-year deal on Wednesday.

The opportunity to play centre rather than wing, coupled with a large payrise, will result in Cottic shifting from Canberra to Canterbury at season's end. The Bulldogs are also close to making an official announcement on Barrett’s own three-year deal to join the "family club
The Raiders pulled their offer to Cotric after refusing to engage in a bidding war for his services.

The addition of Cotric, who has scored 37 tries in 80 matches for the Raiders as well as playing for NSW in 2019, may not be the last addition to the Bulldogs backline

Former Dragon Tim Lafai has joined for the current season, while officials are also in negotiations to sign English international Oliver Gildart
Signing a player of Nick's ability and class is a massive boost for our club moving forward and another step in strengthening our squad to lead us into the future,” said Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill.

Sounds like Gildart is just about done and coming to the club I will have a troll on the Wigan forum and see if they here anything over there

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gildart has played 120+ games already before his 24th birthday.

If he wants to challenge himself and look to earning NRL bucks now's probably going to be his best opportunity.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just watched Oliver Gildart's highlights...the kid has got some pace, agile and good hands. Would be awesome if we can get him.

1.Hoppa
2.DWZ
3.Cotric
4.Gildart
5.Meaney/Smith

Not a bad back line for 2021

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Stop calling us the family club :D

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is Aaron Schoupp any good? If we were to sign another centre (that's long term) it'd block him playing for us. I mean, unless we back flipped on Cotric being a centre.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is Aaron Schoupp any good? If we were to sign another centre (that's long term) it'd block him playing for us. I mean, unless we back flipped on Cotric being a centre.
If he's good enough he will play. I don't mind young players being blocked by better players its just when the likes of Montoya and Holland do the blocking then it is a problem.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s good prospect but still 2-3 years off being ready

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he's good enough he will play. I don't mind young players being blocked by better players its just when the likes of Montoya and Holland do the blocking then it is a problem.
Will probs end up in the forwards anyway.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve been told that we’re paying Barrett 1mil a year. I know it doesn’t count towards a salary cap but doesn’t look good that that’s what it took to get him to come

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah also this season has hurt the development of lower grade players because they can’t actually play lol.
If the next lot of kids are good they will find a way into the side and it’s not like it will be the likes of Holland or Monty keeping them out it will be internationals.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been told that we’re paying Barrett 1mil a year. I know it doesn’t count towards a salary cap but doesn’t look good that that’s what it took to get him to come
Does it really matter what we pay the coach if they are a success here ? If he’s a dud we can bitch about it in a couple of seasons :tearsofjoy:

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it really matter what we pay the coach if they are a success here ? If he’s a dud we can bitch about it in a couple of seasons :tearsofjoy:
I agree but says a bit for how much people want to come here, let’s hope doesn’t end up like seibold

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We must have something sorted for our halves and hooker if we are persisting with outside backs.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
I just watched Oliver Gildart's highlights...the kid has got some pace, agile and good hands. Would be awesome if we can get him.
Not sold on him, he is a little small for a centre (85kg)...

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We must have something sorted for our halves and hooker if we are persisting with outside backs.
Maybe, but not necessarily. If good outside backs are available to buy then we're not going to wait to buy a hooker or half first or else we'll miss out on some quality outside backs.
I'm sure they will have enough money up their sleeves to buy a decent 9 or 7. And I wouldn't read into what the media say we have available to spend, it's speculation, only the club knows how much we have to spend.