CHN-JO, Your Next Move The Most Important In Your Career

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Directly For CHN & JO

I can only assume that CHN & JO'S next public appearance will be a hard day for them both. They can both choose to say nothing, act as if nothing happened & dodge all the questions & media hype & just turn up to play. It is my opinion that this would be the wrong move, for them both as human beings & as professional footballers.

We all know they made a mistake, but they are human & everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves.

To win back some public support & to help restore some of their public image, I believe this is what they should do if the club allows them to.

They should front the media with prepared written statements telling the world that they are sorry for the mistake they have made & show true remorse for their actions.
They should apologise to their families, the club & the fans of the Bulldogs & the game for bringing the game into disrepute.
They should then state that they would love the opportunity to redeem themselves by proving to the community, the Bulldogs & the fans that they are good people who made a mistake and would love that opportunity to come whilst representing the Bulldogs once again.

By taking the other option and carry on fuming about how everybody else is to blame about their treatment and not their own dumb actions will be carreer image suicide.

So especially to you Mr CHN, if it is true that you want to show no remorse for the mess YOU put yourself in -

Pull your head in and choose the right road moving forward as your legacy will only be judged by your actions moving forward.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So I ticked the agree button, because that's what should have happened 5 months ago
AND
It's what should happen again now
BUT
I don't think it will.

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This generation of kids are different...different

They don’t know the meaning of the word accountability and their hands are always out ‘what in it for me’

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

They don’t know the meaning of the word accountability and their hands are always out ‘what in it for me’
Okay boomer

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

In my day, you fucked up, you owned it, you made the right apology sincerely while doing your up most to make up for it and in most cases you earned a bit of respect back for it. Ignoring, blaming others, making excuses and showing no ownership just makes you look like you couldn't care for what you did or who it affected, making you look even more like an asshole.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In my day, you fucked up, you owned it, you made the right apology sincerely while doing your up most to make up for it and in most cases you earned a bit of respect back for it. Ignoring, blaming others, making excuses and showing no ownership just makes you look like you couldn't care for what you did or who it affected, making you look even more like an asshole.
Other problem today is too many enablers and sycophants.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’ve hit rock bottom that some see players like CHN and Okunbor as our saviours. We’re scraping the bottom of the barrel.
We need players better than those 2 on our roster to become a powerhouse again.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Is it any wonder when you are basically told everything is always someone else fault. From sport to daily life everyone is a winner and no one finishes last, you are rewarded simply for participating. The blame game is alive and well....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Mate based on here and FB there's massive amount of people who still think they did absolutely nothing wrong at all. If people can't see what they did and why it was wrong then there's no hope teaching them. You either get it or you don't.

Oka was the most at fault with CHN just behind him.

Where our club moved wrong was by "sacking them". To me the club should have just left it, the NRL have de-registered them so there is nothing we can do.

CHN will end up at the Rorters, act like a f-wit, probably win a GF and never learn the lesson I reckon and walk around like a winner.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I m not interested in hearing any more comments from either, they committed no crime..time to move on and do what they were paid to do. Any further comments will be fodder for the media.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Mate based on here and FB there's massive amount of people who still think they did absolutely nothing wrong at all. If people can't see what they did and why it was wrong then there's no hope teaching them. You either get it or you don't.

Oka was the most at fault with CHN just behind him.

Where our club moved wrong was by "sacking them". To me the club should have just left it, the NRL have de-registered them so there is nothing we can do.

CHN will end up at the Rorters, act like a f-wit, probably win a GF and never learn the lesson I reckon and walk around like a winner.
What was wrong: They were school girls
What was not wrong: They were adults

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you explain what you mean by "sacking them"?

They had/have no separate employment contract with us. There is only one contract per player, that's the one registered with the NRL. Multiple contracts are not allowed, that's what Melbourne tried and got busted for, they had 2 contracts per player. One was registered with the NRL the other was the one the players got paid under.

So I'm not exactly sure how we could "sack them" the NRL deregistered their one and only contract that's the end of it.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What was wrong: They were school girls
What was not wrong: They were adults
What was wrong #2; they breached the official NRL players code of conduct spelt out in their contract by taking females back to rooms paid for by us, booked under our name.
What was wrong #3; they disregarded multiple explicit training and counselling sessions one on one and as a playing group not to breach #2
What was wrong #4; CHN had done something similar at least once before with a teacher and been counselled about it.
What was wrong #5; this was CHN's 3rd disciplinary strike.

Go Dogs

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JO knew exactly what he was doing and it was a bad look. He will have to carry that for years if he stays with the club and no apology will put it out of people's minds. If we were a media darling no one would ever mention it again, but we're not.

CHN probably has the right to feel a bit let down. He had no idea she was a schoolgirl and he didn't do anything wrong other than breaking the team rules. I'm not 100% sure he has anything to apologise for but I do remember he went on a fair bit about leaving Penrith months afterwards and how he would love to go back one day so I wouldn't be suprised if his manager angles for a release. If he then goes to the roosters or raiders expect to never hear anything about it again.

Malla

Reaction score
JO knew exactly what he was doing and it was a bad look. He will have to carry that for years if he stays with the club and no apology will put it out of people's minds. If we were a media darling no one would ever mention it again, but we're not.

CHN probably has the right to feel a bit let down. He had no idea she was a schoolgirl and he didn't do anything wrong other than breaking the team rules. I'm not 100% sure he has anything to apologise for but I do remember he went on a fair bit about leaving Penrith months afterwards and how he would love to go back one day so I wouldn't be suprised if his manager angles for a release. If he then goes to the roosters or raiders expect to never hear anything about it again.
He should still put himself in the shoes of the decision makers and understand why they made the call that they did.

He slept with a school girl. They are the facts. He cost us a major sponsorship. If he can't see beyond that, then he can fuck off. We don't need someone who thinks they are bigger than the club, like now he has a chip on his shoulder and the club owes him something back? Please. You had one good half a season with us.