Official Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera statement

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So what happens with our top 30?

Does this put the Lafdaddy deal in jeopardy?
His poor wife's going to get another Beating tonight if this falls through at the last second.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes this news will probably have the worst outcome for our club and be even more negative news if so.

We will see how they handle this...both the players and our Admin.

Certainly a test of character. Here's hoping they have had some club follow up during this de-registered time.
Everyones too negative. The club is struggling to sign players, they would be licking their lips at the thiught of CHN and Ox coming back.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont like the way we are run, the coach and all the rest of it, but can't agree with the "club messed up" crew in this one.

Couple of pervs porked some school kids and cost us a sponsor. What was already going to be a tough season was made even tougher because of these two clowns. Imo, got what they deserved.

If we weren't such a pitiful pathetic bottom feeder club and desperate to get some sort of talent, I wouldn't give two shits if they came back.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still no statement from the club... what a well run organisation
i dont care the nrl statement came out only hours ago. they could have had something prepped
Probably next June mate, around the same time they start sending out members packs for 2021.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahaha... Greenberg's legacy to bring down the dogs is finally over

Egg on the face of Andrew Hill for publicly backing the nrl to deregister

if I was chn I would walk, after my boss said he was happy with initial decision to deregister

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CHN will be named in the extended squad tomorrow

That’s what I’m hoping but knowing our luck two statements come out

1. CHN released and free to explore options

2. Dean Pay extended until 2022

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are lucky Greenberg is gone, no chance that **** wouldve chanced the decision.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is an odd analogy. Paralympics is one of the biggest events in the world with a lot of unique sensitivities.It would be much harder to run than an nrl club in western Sydney.
In the statement from Hill, I'd like to see a sly comment towards Rashays for not coming on board despite his requests.
View attachment 15902

Are you telling me that Lynne is dividing her time between the dogs and Paralympics?

F me no wonder our club is becoming a PC mess.

we need to get an old school man to run the show. Put a feeler out to Vlandys?
His poor wife's going to get another Beating tonight if this falls through at the last second.
@Nasheed...... "on FIRE...":tearsofjoy:

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
hahaha... Greenberg's legacy to bring down the dogs is finally over

Egg on the face of Andrew Hill for publicly backing the nrl to deregister

if I was chn I would walk, after my boss said he was happy with initial decision to deregister
I think it's telling that the contracts weren't terminated once deregistered.

Probably told to ride it out until it was overturned which was always likely to happen.

A

Alexander the Great

Positive outcome for everyone involved. We need decent players at the moment and all the help we can get.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont like the way we are run, the coach and all the rest of it, but can't agree with the "club messed up" crew in this one.

Couple of pervs porked some school kids and cost us a sponsor. What was already going to be a tough season was made even tougher because of these two clowns. Imo, got what they deserved.

If we weren't such a pitiful pathetic bottom feeder club and desperate to get some sort of talent, I wouldn't give two shits if they came back.
CHN didn't fuck a school girl..

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember Hill and Pay held a press conference on that fateful morning. It was a no comment-athon lol.
We fucked ourselves, club handled the whole thing pathetically.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
this is a more Measured and balanced punishment, however, still needs o be clarified whether it from now or backdated like I assume.

If it's from now, it doesn't make a lot of sense regarding CHN as it would mean he's available for 4 games only.

also what does that mean in terms of salary cap? What if we spent the money already in Thompson?

And if we had it held back, that's also unfair to us as it means we lost two players and weren't allowed to replace them.
The Thompson signing was handled well before the incident from what I recount, not an issue

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The NRL Appeals Committee today issued its decision in respect of appeals brought by Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs players Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera.

Mr Okunbor and Mr Harawira-Naera’s registrations as NRL Players were cancelled on 1 April following a finding of serious breaches of the league’s Code of Conduct in the lead-up to a trial match in Port Macquarie in February 2020.

Whilst confirming the seriousness of the breaches, the Appeals Committee varied the NRL’s determination to cancel each player’s registration and imposed alternate sanctions, being:

Mr Okunbor to be suspended for 14 Matches, pay a fine of $22,500 and undergo such course of counselling or community service as the NRL CEO may direct;

Mr Harawira-Naera to be suspended for 10 Matches and to pay a fine of $15,000.

“The NRL took the action which it considered necessary given the serious breaches of the Code of Conduct – breaches the Appeals Committee also found to be serious,” said NRL Acting CEO Andrew Abdo.

“The independent appeals committee has taken a different view on what penalty the players should face and although we are disappointed, we respect the outcome.”

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/13/jayden-okunbor-and-corey-harawira-naera-statement/
Decision had to be changed.

Next step was to go to a real court and the decision would never had stood up. Greenturd had one last go at us because he knew he was getting ass-r@#ped for being incompetent.

The club supported the players behind the scenes so there is no reason they won't return to us. CHN has a history of mental illness so he was especially protected.

Hopefully they both will understand what they cost us and be on a mission for redemption.

Okunbur ran for over 250m in both our trials. I was starting to think he was due for a breakout year. Hopefully this hasn't damaged his confidence too much.