Official Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera statement

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wish our club would grow some balls and just make decisions without the blessing of the NRL or worrying about being politically correct.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh with Oka’s another winger which we currently are well stoked with.. CHN is huge...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting. There’s our Top 30 sorted then and likely puts rest to the rumours about Lafai. Interesting also that the NRL, even post Greenberg felt it necessary to say they’re ‘disappointed’ but ‘accept’ the appeal decision. Will await a statement from the Bulldogs for clarity.
Also imagine it's why there's been so little news out of the Dogs as clearly there's been a lot going on. With CHN potentially staying at the Dogs then also a good reason as to why we didn't end up with Bateman?

Is this the right result? Who knows. Personally over debating the point about these two idiots.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some bloody sensible measures.

Club should have been on top of this from the start. Bunch of amateurs who let it get out of their control with no feasible remediation.

The players were always going to be able to have such harsh penalties as loss of career and income reversed IMO.

Dumb players of course.... but our Club look like babes in the woods again :(
im thinking the club was told the nrl would deregister them regardless of our findings, and bowed down like bitches before the NRL

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is a joke. They broke no law yet they copped ten games and a big fine. Been worse that have copped less.

Hopefully they want to come back and play this season for the dogs.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bit of a tough one guys, i guess its a two edged sword.

At one end why would the dogs take them, then on the other end why would you go back to the dogs after they shafted you, very interesting.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
this is a more Measured and balanced punishment, however, still needs o be clarified whether it from now or backdated like I assume.

If it's from now, it doesn't make a lot of sense regarding CHN as it would mean he's available for 4 games only.

also what does that mean in terms of salary cap? What if we spent the money already in Thompson?

And if we had it held back, that's also unfair to us as it means we lost two players and weren't allowed to replace them.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wish our club would grow some balls and just make decisions without the blessing of the NRL or worrying about being politically correct.
The club sacked them after they were deregistered so there are probably some contract legalities that need to be sorted.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
im thinking the club was told the nrl would deregister them regardless of our findings, and bowed down like bitches before the NRL
My take as well.

I dont agree with what the players did but some perspective, and evaluation of past penalties was necessary.

Admin should have been able to handle the situation.... whilst admonishing the players for clear club breach, yet publicly stated they would await appeal findings.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My take as well.

I dont agree with what the players did but some perspective, and evaluation of past penalties was necessary.

Admin should have been able to handle the situation.... whilst admonishing the players for clear club breach, yet publicly stated they would await apeal findings.
What they did was a disgrace - that cannot be argued. Duty of care, predatory etc.... Oko was much worse than CHN

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait. So that this mean they are still contracted to us?