News Sunday Footy Show

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good morning everyone

Watched the “in the ten” segment of the footy show and the three panelists, Brent read, David riccio and Michael chamas have basically guaranteed that Pay is gone as head coach.

Riccio explained that should Dean be told he is no longer required that he should walk out on the club saying what the Dogs have done to Dean is unfair.

Interestingly, Michael Chamas said he had spoken to multiple players about Dean to which they all replied that Dean was a great bloke but didn’t tick all the coaching boxes.

Did anyone else happen to catch the segment?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good morning everyone

Watched the “in the ten” segment of the footy show and the three panelists, Brent read, David riccio and Michael chamas have basically guaranteed that Pay is gone as head coach.

Riccio explained that should Dean be told he is no longer required that he should walk out on the club saying what the Dogs have done to Dean is unfair.

Interestingly, Michael Chamas said he had spoken to multiple players about Dean to which they all replied that Dean was a great bloke but didn’t tick all the coaching boxes.

Did anyone else happen to catch the segment?
Yep, Pay's Gone!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cya Deano! It wouldn't be the first time he has walked out on us but there's no pot of gold waiting for him at the other end this time.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be ideal - no point in him (or his assistants) sticking around if he wont be hear year. Hopefully the new coach can start right away or least bring in his assistant

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pays definitely not needed, but we all knew that.!!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cya Deano! It wouldn't be the first time he has walked out on us but there's no pot of gold waiting for him at the other end this time.
Harsh mate. I hold no grudges against anyone that did things during super league, particularly those that wanted to stay loyal to the ARL. Good on him for taking a job no one else wanted or had the guts to take on

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you are a senior player, you shouldn't need much coaching.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harsh mate. I hold no grudges against anyone that did things during super league, particularly those that wanted to stay loyal to the ARL. Good on him for taking a job no one else wanted or had the guts to take on
I see it differently those four were happy enough to tear the club apart to line their pockets back in 95. Life has a funny way of evening things out eventually.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yet you’re happy to stick by the board while they hang him out to dry? Lol

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's quite clear that he can't coach. He couldve made a case for himself that he deserves a chance by getting the team to play above expectations but his tactics and selections have been terrible. 3 years is enough time for him to prove himself but he failed....

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yet you’re happy to stick by the board while they hang him out to dry? Lol
How so? Do you want me to support a new ticket without knowing anything official about them?
lol? How old are you?

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are a senior player, you shouldn't need much coaching.
True my friend.
Some of the dropped balls that have resulted directly into tries are diabolical.
Players should look at their own stats and see how many boxes they tick. Good players are slick from kickoff to fulltime siren. And having said that our good player pool is diminishing with every game.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He was loyal to his bank account. And he took the only head coach job he was offered

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People say he’s been hung out to dry, how has he? He took the job on knowing full well the mess we were in. It was his call to release Mbye and Woods. We could of held onto them. It was his call to only offer the Morris boys 1 more season. His recruitment has been horrible. We have gone backwards this season. He continually plays players out of position. It speaks volumes that his message to RFM is run hard tackle hard. Yeah no fucking shit. Our attack is so bad it’s not even funny. I can’t even think of one set play we’ve scored from in his 3 years.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd be happy for him to stay on as an assistant coach, I now think we need someone with a better football brain than Pay to be head coach. He's been given an atrocious squad to work with, losing CHN, Elliot and Hopoate has done him no favours either. Unfortunately I just don't think we'll attract the players we need while he's coach. The board needs to make a call soon so everyone can move forward.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Listen to Triple M now... They asking fans to ring and say whether they want Dean Pay to stay or go...