Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Discussion Thread

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury 1964 we only won one game. We won the spoon that year too.
Thrashed by a team on a 6 game losing streak.
We are up to 4? Or 5 now? 5 I think..
We may not win another game all year.
When was the last time a team won 1 or less games in a season ? Lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I felt sick in the stomach watching that
The worst thing is I’m not shocked by it. I’m just used to this rubbish now which is something I never thought would happen with the Dogs. A performance like tonight would have led to a meltdown at the club at anytime before tha last few years and now it’s just a case of shrugging your shoulders because it’s normal.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thompson should’ve gone to the Bunnies or Roosters

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are the new Parramatta/Newcastle back to back to back seasons of diabolical performances and tonight we cemented the wooden spoon fucking embarrassing!

8 points let that sink in.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can the club think performances like tonight are sustainable? Every time we dish up one of these games it’s a stain on the clubs proud history. By keeping Pay is a job the club is saying to us that it’s a acceptable. It’s just disgusting.
Sticky this post

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did Pay hook Katoa after 15 mins? He hasn't played for months & would of probably gotten better over time

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This roster is worth 95% of the salary cap! I accept we're shit, but what I don't accept is the way the NRL insists on at least 95% of the cap been spent as a requirement per season, that's bullshit and they need to rethink the entire process if they want a fair comp, otherwise the NRL is going to become like European football!

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hes got 17 excuses, we are a shit side across the park. Doesn't mean he is a good coach though. I just hope nobody thinks if we just change coach that it will make a difference
It will make a difference , to my mental health

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Attention to detail is non existent at the club. I guarantee you side likes the Roosters and Storm break down every aspect of the game and prepare for as many possible in game situations as possible. A key aspect of coaching is also helping your players to make better decisions. TPJ has been offloading like crazy all game yet our players still look clueless everytime it happens?! I'm done.
The football IQ in our team is nonexistent.
Well for most of the players.
Seriously Napa so bad tonight.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay should have gone a long time ago.

I'm more pissed with the out of depth board, Lynne and other arse clowns who are running the show.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've got 4 more wins to get to rival the number of wins we had last time we wore the Spoon in '08. But in reality, this looks like the worst side we've had since we secured the Spoon in '64 with one win

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On a positive note, Thompson looks like the real deal. Renouf looked good. Wakeham looks too slow to be a quality half. Our recruitment needs to be a half, hooker and fullback. Don't waste big money on a centre or winger

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Surely pay is gone.
Did he switch Dwz and Meaney late in the game?
Hopefully that means Meaney will be fullback next game!
1. Meaney
2. Dwz
3. Montoya
4. Averillo
5. Smith
Someone needs to tell smith he either plays wing or fucks off