Official Bateman signs with Wigan.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the ridiculous thing is, thats what we have been doing the last three years... and now that we have the cap space the board still cant get the players, just putrid..
I agree mate it’s shit, the board promised 2021 as a way to buy time then it’s nearly 2021 and no one out there and we can’t attract the ones that are no foresight at all

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't get those on here that think us signing 5 average first graders or even fringe first graders (like another 5 Stimsons / Britts) is going to do the trick for us. For every 2 Stimsons we could have a quality player who'se actually gonna make a difference in winning us some games - exactly what we need unless we're just aiming to be AVERAGE
but at least they "try" YAY!!

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the ridiculous thing is, thats what we have been doing the last three years... and now that we have the cap space the board still cant get the players, just putrid..
I agree mate it’s shit, the board promised 2021 as a way to buy time then it’s nearly 2021 and no one out there and we can’t attract the ones that are no foresight at all

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but lets just "admire parra" and give Auntie lynne another 2 years

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but lets just "admire parra" and give Auntie lynne another 2 years
Admire a club that was a cellar dweller for the best part of 10 years and hasn’t won in 30 years only just got their shit together not overly promising is it

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worry’s me the club starting to accept mediocrity more and more
Yes it seems Lynne would consider her time successful if we even made the 8. A Grand Final loss she'd be over the moon. We f..king had that twice under Dib and co. I think the backended deals were their final attempt to get a win

Last edited:

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it seems Lynne would consider her time successful if we even made the 8. A Grand Final loss she'd be over the moon. We f..king had that twice under Dib and co
Agree, I had an argument with a dogs fan who said that making the 8 is a successful year, success is all relative and right now top 8 would be huge but after that you have to build on that it just all feels like a long way off atm

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
bateman was never staying, issac moses was playing club against club hes no loss as would never be committed to the club

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Admire a club that was a cellar dweller for the best part of 10 years and hasn’t won in 30 years only just got their shit together not overly promising is it
it gets better!!!
she admires a club that got 3 straight wooden spoons.

3 clubs she admires that eels havent won a comp since the 80's raiders since the 90s and knights since Johns was playing.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This board reminds me of when I was single. Bringing chicks back to my place without sealing the deal.

A

Alexander the Great

I’ll be uncorking a bottle this evening to celebrate the fact that we refused to pay an insane amount (900k+) for a back rower.

We may have a war chest but that doesn’t give the green light to go spending it in a rash manner. We’ve learnt from our mistakes of the past it seems.

Agree not to blow it on a forward. If we are going to pay over its for the spine issue we have.
Good call from the club on this one.