Opinion Why Havent We Replaced CHN and Okonbur ??

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the board doing ?

The team listed this week is the worst we have ran out for a long time. I am not a fan of panic buying but we lost 2 members of our starting 13 before the season started and have done fark all to replace them.

Dont we have money to spend ?

Or are we just writing the season off ?

Players are swapping clubs left, right and centre on loan deals but we just sit back and roll out a team this week that would fair dinkum be lucky to beat an egg.

This isnt about future recruiting. Its about replacing players for this year that were de-registered so the fans dont have to put up with a sub-standard team every week. The following blokes cant make their teams top 17 but they would easily make ours :

Ryan Hall
Jake Granville
Billy Walters
Brent Naden
Tautau Moga

Have we enquired about loan deals for these players ? Are they interested in signing with us for the rest of the year ?

I dont pretend to know the ins and outs of the club. I would just like to know why we are so passive and seem content on such an average squad in 2020

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lule thompson came early. He would take CHN $$$

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thompson was reported to sign with us for ~850k. We don't know how much of that he's on for the 2020 season. If full amount that's CHN + Okunbor + a bit of what we were carrying into the season (the 5% cap we don't have to spend, so ~500k). I personally don't think Thompson would be on the full amount but if he was that'd mean two players just above minimum wage or just bumping players we already have into the top 30.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

The team listed this week is the worst we have ran out for a long time. I am not a fan of panic buying but we lost 2 members of our starting 13 before the season started and have done fark all to replace them.

Players are swapping clubs left, right and centre on loan deals but we just sit back and roll out a team this week that would fair dinkum be lucky to beat an egg.

This isnt about future recruiting. Its about replacing players for this year that were de-registered so the fans dont have to put up with a sub-standard team every week. The following blokes cant make their teams top 17 but they would easily make ours :

Ryan Hall
Jake Granville
Billy Walters
Brent Naden
Tautau Moga

Have we enquired about loan deals for these players ? Are they interested in signing with us for the rest of the year ?

I dont pretend to know the ins and outs of the club. I would just like to know why we are so passive and seem content on such an average squad in 2020
The board don't recruit players.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why haven’t we replaced Coach???? is more the question lol.!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We still have two roster spots to fill for this season even with Thompson and you can’t tell me we don’t need to strengthen the roster when you look at today’s line up. Pay said he was happy using the players he had a few months ago in relation to replacing CHN and Okonbur....

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
their spots couldnt be filled until all avenues of appeal have been exhausted

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was actually thinking today what Bateman would do for the dogs. And then I thought he is just a CHN who is probably a bit of a better/more ruthless defender.

Shame we lost Corey. He was a step below an elite, wide running back rower. Big loss. And would be considerably cheaper then Bateman.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was actually thinking today what Bateman would do for the dogs. And then I thought he is just a CHN who is probably a bit of a better/more ruthless defender.

Shame we lost Corey. He was a step below an elite, wide running back rower. Big loss. And would be considerably cheaper then Bateman.
CHN got turfed for rooting his tinder date (legal and not criminal) yet our ‘family club’ put him up for adoption faster than you could say ‘Dean Pay is a shit coach ‘

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Politis busted his nut to get a replacement for their injured centre Billy Smith.. he paid Sharks reportedly 50K transfer fee to get Josh Morris..

Meanwhile the BullDogs are:
8bbe8b9a2aa584d096795bc306e2ff5b.jpg

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
CHN got turfed for rooting his tinder date (legal and not criminal) yet our ‘family club’ put him up for adoption faster than you could say ‘Dean Pay is a shit coach ‘
Totally agree. Shame the nrl took this unprecedented stance. Yet JDB is still registered, training and being paid by the dragons. Shame the club didn’t stand up for its players.

CHN was actually one of the most promising players in our squad. And like you said did nothing illegal. 90% of the players in the nrl would have done much more without serious ramifications.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once the punishment from the NRL has been served, I would consider signing CHN but now with developments and potential signings, I think Okonbur will miss the boat as the Dogs will have moved on.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Ryan Hall
Jake Granville
Billy Walters
Brent Naden
Tautau Moga

Thomson ringing any bells for you mate??