Official Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Discussion Thread

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly thought I had seen the last of Crichton :unamused: but straight back in for the little fella :p

how many back line players did we lose :p dwz is a worry at fullback. Never seen anything to suggest he is good there. Crichton and Montoya back. Is averillo concusses?

Also why are we still at bank west. The ground has been thrashed. Football stadiums aren’t made to play 4 full nrl games a week. Wish we’d play at bsg or anywhere else. Last thing we need is another serious leg injury.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only change the NRL made was to allow players with development contracts to play before June 30 and Schoupp doesn't have one of the contracts.

The Dogs have made a mockery of development deal since they were introduced by the NRL.
At least we aren't on the same level as the raiders...one Matthew Frawley is part of their development squad probably because the money on offer for those players is 60k pa.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I honestly thought I had seen the last of Crichton :unamused: but straight back in for the little fella :p

how many back line players did we lose :p dwz is a worry at fullback. Never seen anything to suggest he is good there. Crichton and Montoya back. Is averillo concusses?

Also why are we still at bank west. The ground has been thrashed. Football stadiums aren’t made to play 4 full nrl games a week. Wish we’d play at bsg or anywhere else. Last thing we need is another serious leg injury.
Both us and Souths have it as home ground. ANZ has apparently not been COVID proofed yet.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If this was a handicap event we would be getting about a 60 point start.....AND even then that may still not be enough...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both us and Souths have it as home ground. ANZ has apparently not been COVID proofed yet.
For such an “elite” competition (I use elite lightly) wouldn’t they start to think maybe 20 games in a month of footy is too much for 1 ground?

For the sake of the players why not move it to Belmore or any other stadium. It’s not like it will effect crowd numbers.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay has totally lost his shit, he needs to be locked up on mental health grounds for his own good...… poor simple bastard has finally flipped completely

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When a club sends out a team like this, you know that you're at your lowest.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL - Round 8

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v South Sydney Rabbitohs

Venue - BankWest Stadium, Parramatta
Time - Kick off 6:30 pm Sunday 5th July
TV Coverage - Foxsports
Tickets - N/A

Bulldogs

1 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
2 Nick Meaney
3 Reimis Smith
4 Marcelo Montoya
5 Christian Crichton
6 Kieran Foran
7 Brandon Wakeham
8 Aiden Tolman
9 Jeremy Marshall-King
10 Dylan Napa
11 Josh Jackson
12 Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13 Adam Elliott

14 Kerrod Holland
15 Dean Britt
16 Renouf To’omaga
17 Jessie Sue

19 Ofahiki Ogden
20 Jack Cogger
21 Luke Thompson
22 Sione Katoa

Rabbitohs

1 Latrell Mitchell
2 Dane Gagai
3 Campbell Graham
4 James Roberts
5 Alex Johnston
6 Cody Walker
7 Adam Reynolds
8 Tevita Tatola
9 Damien Cook
10 Thomas Burgess
11 Jaydn Su'A
12 Ethan Lowe
13 Cameron Murray

14 Liam Knight
15 Bayley Sironen
16 Hame Sele
17 Braidon Burns

18 Mark Nicholls
19 Patrick Mago
20 Troy Dargan
21 Corey Allan

Referees: Peter Gough;Sideline Officials: Matt Noyen, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Ben Galea

Bulldogs all-time record v Rabbitohs
175 played 88 wins 80 losses 7 draws

Bulldogs record at BankWest Stadium
7 played 3 wins 4 losses

Last meeting
Round 22, 2019 Bulldogs 14 Rabbitohs 6
Ffs Pay is a shit house coach! Seriously dropping Cogger for Holland on the bench? Montoya will def do better than Holland, that is a given! Meaney should be filullback and DWZ on the wing! Dean Pay you dumb ****!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cogger showed some good signs in hooker..... gets dropped.
That’s how dumb Pay is. Even though Cogger looked good at dummy half, because we lost he gets dumped. I just want to know what his love fest is with JMK!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fucking putrid.

Watch Renouf get dropped when Thompson comes in. Britt has to be dropped ffs. Holland in? Montoya? Fuck me. Ban them. Harper and Jake ffs. It doesn’t say he failed concussion protocols.

Jmk at 9 still! Wtf give Katoa a run. He can’t possibly be Fucking worse.

Maybe he needs to call dean and say hey mate pick me, worked for signing.
Britt won’t be dropped. Pay is mates with his dad, plus Britt reminds Pay of the good old days back at Dubbo, you know, play hard and drink hard. Jobs for the boys

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s how dumb Pay is. Even though Cogger looked good at dummy half, because we lost he gets dumped. I just want to know what his love fest is with JMK!
Remember how Pay gave JMK an upgraded contract before a ball was even kicked because he liked what he saw at training? JMK then went on to play some of the worst footy you'll see at 5/8 lol.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Remember how Pay gave JMK an upgraded contract before a ball was even kicked because he liked what he saw at training? JMK then went on to play some of the worst footy you'll see at 5/8 lol.
And I wanted to give Pay a chance...shoot me now please.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for god's sake you dumb fuck coach try another hooker. thats insane, give someone else a run. The season is lost already with lineups like this so what do we have to lose by blooding a new player and we can see what they have to offer. Lets play a second rate half as hooker, winger as fullback, wingers as centres, fullback on wing.

been following the Berries/Dogs since 1974 and this is one of the worse lineups on paper I have ever seen.
Prove me wrong boys and score a win.