How we conceded tries against the Tigers

Who are you blaming the most for this result?

• Players

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Pay

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Other (previous or current board, etc)

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1st Try
1. Error (drop ball) - Wakeham
2. Two slow props in cover defence/broken play

Bullshit try - Wakeham blunder

2nd Try
1. No kick pressure on Brooks - RFM lazy at marker jogging, Britt jogging
2. Error (drop ball) - Holland

Bullshit try - Holland blunder

3rd Try
1. Foran flys in, isn't a dominant tackle
2. Miss tackle - Sue
3. This is ridiculous, one of RFM or Foran had to wrap up the ball

Bullshit try - how can't four defenders stop a player having a second dig when already over the try line? The ball is the most important thing when over the line...

4th Try
1. Penalty (high tackle) - Foran (Nofaluma ducked into it - bullshit penalty)
2. Holland and DWZ probably should of done better there, Talau still had a lot of work to do

Game over at this point

5th Try
1. Intercept - Foran, all or nothing play

6th Try
1. Wakeham falls for the worst dummy ever by Brooks, gives the Tigers ~50 metres.
2. Players out of position/offside, bad read/tackle by Foran who's on the wing - didn't trust Elliott on Leilua

7th Try
1. Penalty (high tackle) - Napa
2. Six again penalty - DWZ
3. Bad tackle by JMK (who had support from Holland), playing out of position, out muscled by Doueihi

I'd also like to add that we completely lost the ruck. Too many quick play the balls from the Tigers and Grant took advantage of that and carved us up. We also had no ball, especially in the final third so we didn't even get to see an attack.

Losing our most influential player in attack/scoring tries this season a couple of minutes in was also a massive blow. We also had to reshuffle our team. DWZ was also last man in defence on a couple of the tries, we know Hopoate is better defensively.

Overall the result and scoreline wasn't good enough. A couple of bullshit tries at the start really set the scene.

If you have something constructive to add (I can miss things) you can post in the comments.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like players with no direction. Looks like players with no discipline. Looks like this lack of discipline falls from poor conditioning. Looks like these players havnt been trained properly.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Looks like players who lack good coaching.
Do the players need to be punished and dropped to learn a lesson then? Do we have the players to bring in to replace these players? We're already out of our depth. If we're dropping players Wakeham and Holland should both be dropped for e.g. I'm sure Pay is trying to address these issues as a group and individuals but surely there's only so much he can do? We're not even talking about game plan it's disciplinary issues and errors.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Obviously those previous are responsible for the dire state of the current roster but the players also have to accept a lot of responsibility for a loss like last night. Too many juvenile errors were made with the opposition converting them straight into points.

Unfortunately it was essentially game over as soon as Hoppa went down and we were forced into playing out nearly 80 minutes without one of our best and a heavily reshuffled lineup. Would’ve been a handy night to have Holland on the bench as he had been last week.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s both but the players aren’t fit or skilled enough and that’s a coaching issue as far as I’m concerned. If you go through the squad only 2 or 3 players haven’t been signed or bought in since Pay got here. He’s had plenty of time to make me a believer. He’s a dud and he’s set really poor KPI’s for his players considering they are professional sportsmen.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week 2 of their tries came on 6 again calls late in the tackle count. Foran and Sue the culprits.

But it doesnt really matter how we concede the tries. The bottom line is that the Tigers looked dangerous every time they were in attacking positions. We didnt.

We lose most tackles and our outside backs dont read the play well.

We also fail to compete on attacking kicks. We just fuckin stand there and let the opposition catch it.

The squad has been working towards the spoon for 3 years. This is the year they might finally achieve their goal

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The reshuffling didn't help, from memory;
Hopoate - DWZ
Smith - JMK
Holland - Smith
Averillo - JMK - Cogger
DWZ- Averillo - Holland
JMK - Cogger

I think Foran was the only one who didn't change position during the game.

Go Dogs

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reshuffling didn't help, from memory;
Hopoate - DWZ
Smith - JMK
Holland - Smith
Averillo - JMK - Cogger
DWZ- Averillo - Holland
JMK - Cogger

I think Foran was the only one who didn't change position during the game.

Go Dogs
Yes but surely there should have been a better contingency plan in place when an outside back goes down. Having your hooker shift to centre ?? Wow

Especially with the HIA rules. Yes, the hoppa injury definitely contributed to the result. But with our lack of speed in the backrow we need an outside back on the bench for cover. Most other teams have backrowers who can fill in at centre and they can afford not to have a back on the bench. But our backrowers are slow as fark so we dont have that luxury.

So basically as soon as we had an injury in the outside backs yesterday the game was gone. Even if it was one of our wingers JMK would have still been pushed to the centres which is friggen ridiculous

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Don't Be unfair in Holland.
He trained all week at centre and was unfairly placed on the wing. If you look at the centre things he had to do he did them well. Scooped the bell up one hand etc.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s both but the players aren’t fit or skilled enough and that’s a coaching issue as far as I’m concerned. If you go through the squad only 2 or 3 players haven’t been signed or bought in since Pay got here. He’s had plenty of time to make me a believer. He’s a dud and he’s set really poor KPI’s for his players considering they are professional sportsmen.
From memory it's a few more than 2 or 3;
Foran, back ended contract, not signed in Pay's time
Tolman, back ended contract not signed in Pay's time
Montoya, not signed in Pay's time
Elliott, not signed in Pay's time
Holland, not signed in Pay's time
Plus as far as I know Wakeham and RFM had agreed to contract extensions before Pay was appointed but they were announced afterwards

Although they weren't playing for us in 2018/19/20 we were still possibly paying part of Mbye, Reynolds, Woods and Graham which severely limited how much we could spend whilst still registering 30 players (ie; we had to recruit cheapies to fill the spots). It's easy to claim that we didn't sign any quality players, but the reason for that is we couldn't fit them in the Cap. Which is exactly what we were told would happen until it was cleared in 2021.

Go Dogs

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From memory it's a few more than 2 or 3;
Foran, back ended contract, not signed in Pay's time
Tolman, back ended contract not signed in Pay's time
Montoya, not signed in Pay's time
Elliott, not signed in Pay's time
Holland, not signed in Pay's time
Plus as far as I know Wakeham and RFM had agreed to contract extensions before Pay was appointed but they were announced afterwards

Although they weren't playing for us in 2018/19/20 we were still possibly paying part of Mbye, Reynolds, Woods and Graham which severely limited how much we could spend whilst still registering 30 players (ie; we had to recruit cheapies to fill the spots). It's easy to claim that we didn't sign any quality players, but the reason for that is we couldn't fit them in the Cap. Which is exactly what we were told would happen until it was cleared in 2021.

Go Dogs
I believe RFM resigned last week which would be in Pays time and Wakeham is a junior coming through. So it’s 5 players in a squad of 30 that Pay hasn’t had a say in.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes but surely there should have been a better contingency plan in place when an outside back goes down. Having your hooker shift to centre ?? Wow
Especially with the HIA rules. Yes, the hoppa injury definitely contributed to the result. But with our lack of speed in the backrow we need an outside back on the bench for cover. Most other teams have backrowers who can fill in at centre and they can afford not to have a back on the bench. But our backrowers are slow as fark so we dont have that luxury.
So basically as soon as we had an injury in the outside backs yesterday the game was gone. Even if it was one of our wingers JMK would have still been pushed to the centres which is friggen ridiculous
Spot on, that's where we really miss CHN, he could fill in at centre. Let's face it Hopoate hasn't missed a game since 2017, so anticipating him going down wouldn't have been on any anyone's radar. On the bench we had the pretty standard mix of 2 props in Sue and To'o, a second rower Britt (not really back material) and Cogger as the back up back. Plenty on here bitch about us even having one back on the bench, they want all forwards.

Looking at his leg speed maybe Thompson can be our back up centre.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Obviously those previous are responsible for the dire state of the current roster but the players also have to accept a lot of responsibility for a loss like last night. Too many juvenile errors were made with the opposition converting them straight into points.

Unfortunately it was essentially game over as soon as Hoppa went down and we were forced into playing out nearly 80 minutes without one of our best and a heavily reshuffled lineup. Would’ve been a handy night to have Holland on the bench as he had been last week.
Absolutely nothing to do with the current out of depth board, who keep signing forwards on big money. Won't make a decision on the coach either. Signed a winger on good money to play FB when we already have Hopoate, who is far better.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost...Again.

Do u think Bellamy would put up with this shit? It wouldn’t matter what players he’d have, Bellamy would improve them as any good coach would.

This is pays 3rd year and there has been ZERO improvements, in any area. IMO he’s not a good coach.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've had Pay for 2 years + now thinking he was building the spine around Lewis & DWZ hahaha

Club is a shambles, 2021 will be more of the same.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I believe RFM resigned last week which would be in Pays time and Wakeham is a junior coming through. So it’s 5 players in a squad of 30 that Pay hasn’t had a say in.
But you posted 2 or 3 ! I honestly don't see the need on here for the constant exaggeration. It simply diminishes your point, which wasn't a bad one.

What is missing is that between them Foran and Tolman use up what 4 or 5 decent NRL level players would in Cap space. Then for 1 or for 2 years we were possibly denied Cap space for the 3 or 4 players that weren't even playing for us. We might have had a 30 player roster but we had to fit it into effectively a ~20 man Cap. That ends this year of course.

Go Dogs