Foran

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People hammer Wakeham and Lewis etc but let's address the Elephant in the room.. Foran has been a passenger in most games he's played this year and is not playing like a star half or a million dollar player.

He's deffering to Wakeham and Lewis like he's the inexperienced half, not them... He doesn't cop the blame from the media or fanbase whereas lesser players do.

We're going to come bottom three this season regardless of whether we have Foran in the team or not.

He's not helping the team out and looks like he doesn't want to be there. The Tigers and several other teams would take him off our hands in a mid season move by paying a small portion of his deal.

Do you think they should move him on this season and try and get a player swap with another club or would you rather keep him til the end of the season?

Either way, surely he's proven beyond any doubt that he's not deserving of another deal next season. Even when he plays he doesn't have an impact on the game anymore.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Swap him for Benji lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Swap him for Benji lol
I seriously reckon you could get Billy Walters for Foran as Madge is in win now mode.

He's a solid young player that can play in the halves or at hooker and who would offer more than Foran is right now.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I also wouldn't object to them shopping Tolman in the last year of his deal to a top 8 team this season that needs a prop to see if we can get a good young player in return.

With Thompson coming in, it doesn't make sense to keep Tolman and Foran on a wooden spoon team when they're still valuable to other clubs and highly regarded throughout the league.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People hammer Wakeham and Lewis etc but let's address the Elephant in the room.. Foran has been a passenger in most games he's played this year and is not playing like a star half or a million dollar player.

He's deffering to Wakeham and Lewis like he's the inexperienced half, not them... He doesn't cop the blame from the media or fanbase whereas lesser players do.

We're going to come bottom three this season regardless of whether we have Foran in the team or not.

He's not helping the team out and looks like he doesn't want to be there. The Tigers and several other teams would take him off our hands in a mid season move by paying a small portion of his deal.

Do you think they should move him on this season and try and get a player swap with another club or would you rather keep him til the end of the season?

Either way, surely he's proven beyond that he's not deserving of another deal next season. Even when he plays he doesn't have an impact on the game anymore.
His only just come back from major surgery give him another month for some match fitness and confidence.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran has form in regards to leaving a trail of carnage when leaving his former clubs. Just ask Parra & the Warriors.
Realistically, He’s not worth more than 300K.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His only just come back from major surgery give him another month for some match fitness and confidence.
But at this point, even if he gets back to full fitness, what does it achieve? We can't make the finals. Why not try and get something in return for him?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At the start I thoight you were being a little bit harsh but I completely 100% agree. The fact he gets zero criticism and Wakeham and yes even Lewis as young kids have to shoulder the blame is terrible. Either he plays 100% and gets injured or doesn’t play at all, sick of this half effort stuff.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope they all given up on pay you can tell they are going through the motions season can't end quick enough

Reactions: DT

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I also wouldn't object to them shopping Tolman in the last year of his deal to a top 8 team this season that needs a prop to see if we can get a good young player in return.

With Thompson coming in, it doesn't make sense to keep Tolman and Foran on a wooden spoon team when they're still valuable to other clubs and highly regarded throughout the league.
I actually like your logic. If they're going to rebuild, then it has to be about leveraging what you have to maximise the opportunity. I think we solid foundations and go forward, these players can succeed at other clubs.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I actually like your logic. If they're going to rebuild, then it has to be about leveraging what you have to maximise the opportunity. I think we solid foundations and go forward, these players can succeed at other clubs.
To me it's a no brainer to try and get something for them now as opposed to nothing for them in a few months.

It's not like they're adding so much to the team that they're indispensable. If the club aren't exploring these options, then they're wasting another opportunity.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran is one of the most experienced in the team and shows no leadership - he needs to go, he has done nothing in the last five years except gobble big bucks for little reward.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Either way, surely he's proven beyond any doubt that he's not deserving of another deal next season. Even when he plays he doesn't have an impact on the game anymore.

There is no fucking way we should be paying for Foran to play elsewhere.
IF he is on $1.2 million it has been scaled back to 73% because of covid - 19 = $876k and so far he would have been paid 8 month of this year = $584k, leaving $292k to be paid for remainder of this season. Frankly no point.

As for Foran next season, well I am totally indifferent and yes like everyone else I am waiting to see his game improve this season. However he is a running ⅝ that takes on the line, he needs a halfback to organise.

If he was prepared to sign on again for say $400K a season then I think the club will sign him. However I also think he will get a better offer elsewhere if his manager takes him to the open market.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Teams that would be interested in Foran that need a half would be the Tigers, Manly, Saints and even Parra and Melbourne short term with Munster and Moses getting hurt..

Teams that would be interested in Tolman would be Souths, Manly (we know Des' hard on for Tolman), Saints, Parra and the Tigers.

It's negligent if they don't explore how badly these teams want those guys and what they'd offer in return. If they pay the minimal amount and we pay most of their contracts, there's a massive incentive for those teams to part with a young player not in their 17 for a proven veteran who can make an immediate impact.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There is no fucking way we should be paying for Foran to play elsewhere.
IF he is on $1.2 million it has been scaled back to 73% because of covid - 19 = $876k and so far he would have been paid 8 month of this year = $584k, leaving $292k to be paid for remainder of this season. Frankly no point.

As for Foran next season, well I am totally indifferent and yes like everyone else I am waiting to see his game improve this season. However he is a running ⅝ that takes on the line, he needs a halfback to organise.

If he was prepared to sign on again for say $400K a season then I think the club will sign him. However I also think he will get a better offer elsewhere if his manager takes him to the open market.
Why not? We're paying him regardless and he's not providing value for money. If you get a young player from another club that can help us now and in the future then where is the risk and what's the harm? It won't cost us anything next season..

We lose by thirty every second game with Foran, we score 10.8 points a game and we're 1-6 with no chance of making the finals...

So why keep Foran and Tolman with the sinking ship and lose them for nothing next year when we can get something for them now?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Why not? We're paying him regardless and he's not providing value for money. If you get a young player from another club that can help us now and in the future then where is the risk and what's the harm? It won't cost us anything next season..

We lose by thirty every second game with Foran, we score 10.8 points a game and we're 1-6 with no chance of making the finals...

So why keep Foran and Tolman with the sinking ship and lose them for nothing next year when we can get something for them now?
Why is the better question.
Foran and Tolman are not the problem with this team.
Foran is out of contact at the end of this season so if the club doesn't want to sign him again then that's it right. The club will have to make that decision soon anyway.