76 Points In 7 Games

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Once again this season we have the worst attack in the comp under Pay. We've scored an abysmal 76 points in 7 games for 10.85 ppg.

Even with the rule changes that have turned the code into touch footy, we've had three games out of the last five where we've scored 6 points.

Two of those games were with our "star" million dollar half Foran. Last season we had the worst attack in the comp and yet again this season...

Cap problems and weak roster aside, having the worst attack in the comp two years running is an indictment on the coach more than anything.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup the coach is not FG standard.!!!

FUCK IVE SAID THIS MANY TIMES.. and it ain’t getting old :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

#PayOut
#ByeByePay
#PayMustGo

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To put this into perspective, the Tigers have scored 72 points in their last two games. Bear in mind they're a fringe top 8 team with a defensive minded coach. And they also had massive cap problems two years ago..

Cronulla scored 40 today... The Warriors scored 37 a few weeks ago...

Nth Qld have scored 80 points in the last three games without their two best attacking players in Morgan and Holmes... Even the Titans scored 30 yesterday...

Yet we've scored only 76 points in 7 games.. Pathetic.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don't even support the ball carrier like other teams do no wonder we can't score points
Exactly right. Basic fundamentals like these aren't being coached or drilled into the team and haven't been since Pay took over.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We don't even support the ball carrier like other teams do no wonder we can't score points
Things like this reflect poorly on Pay and his staff, yet so many people look over this and just blame the "cattle" for everything. You don't need to be talented to support the ball carrier or run in numbers, you just need to be fit, well drilled and switched on.

All these little 1%ers are things so many of us are looking for yet have been non existent for years under Pay. From day one Pay should've been onto things like this, yet instead all these years later he's still fucking around with his defensive system mid week and continually shuffling players around.

I am so close to just giving it away, it's genuinely bad for me health to continue watching us play.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly right. Basic fundamentals like these aren't being coached or drilled into the team and haven't been since Pay took over.
It looked really bad at the end of the des era, but look at where we are now.!!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently you need skill to chase kicks, have line speed in defence and support the ball carrier.. nothing to do with coaching at all .. apparently..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It looked really bad at the end of the des era, but look at where we are now.!!!
True. It was an issue in the Des days too. As was the lack of offloading.

But three years since Des left, we've kept his shitty block play attacking structures with less support play and offloads somehow!

You'd think the coaches or someone at the club would try and rectify such issues over the course of three seasons but that would be expecting far too much professionalism.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bulldogs have conceded 96 points in 3 games
And Pay's brilliant defensive structures, how hard the boys play each week and work for each other was supposed to be Pay's calling card.

People were quick to point to Tolman being missing as to why we conceded 36 against the Roosters.

Well Tolman played tonight and we gave up 36 to the Tigers!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd honestly like to hear the opinions of @Horse @Natboy @DinkumDog @Speedy @bradyk on these glaring stats.

Surely some of you would agree that it's not just down to poor talent and averaging 11 points a game and having the worst attack two years running isn't an acceptable FG standard?
pays pets you mean? Minus brad, kinda lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
pays pets you mean? Minus brad, kinda lol
I'm not even trying to bait and talk shit. I honestly want to know what they think about such a basic but damning stat for the second year running.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not even trying to bait and talk shit. I honestly want to know what they think about such a basic but damning stat for the second year running.
I didn’t think you were, but the guys you Mentioned are pays pets. Was just pointing that out lol, my bad :tonguewink:

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And Pay's brilliant defensive structures, how hard the boys play each week and work for each other was supposed to be Pay's calling card.

People were quick to point to Tolman being missing as to why we conceded 36 against the Roosters.

Well Tolman played tonight and we gave up 36 to the Tigers!!
Pay used to be the Raiders defensive coach and as soon as he left the Raiders their defence got 100 times better

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Terrible attack is on the spine players.. and the coach for selecting dud players in spine positions.. and the club for not scouting & recruiting replacements..

They're all f*cked basically..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We scored at least 12 points a game with Desball.. pays stats as coach are terrible.!!