Opinion Wakeham Thought

chrisbelmore1998

Waterboy
Reaction score
Enough threads about Lewis. Here is a new one: Wakeham is average and worse than Lewis in every aspect of his game. Pay also has to go if for nothing else than the performance of the outside backs. Pay does not seem to be able to coach backs.

Last edited:

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you been watching any games recently?

The whole team has been horrible. I can’t see how Wakeham is meant to take control when the rest of the team is crap, especially since he has very little experience.

At least he’s shown more than Lewis in attack. His kick to the corner for Holland was better than anything Lewis has done in the last year, even though it was a little off target.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The whole set up an structure is garbage, not just ONE player, we do have some talent but still lack key players to gel/compliment that, it’s just not working, complete clean out or things won’t get any better.!!!

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
wakeham is a good young half. a bit more class around him and he has a hand in a few tries tonight.
we lose our fullback and then we shuffle the spine to take out or first choice hooker as well.
that alone makes the job hard for the halves.
i thought cogger had a dig, but his play was very ad lib and you could tell the dogs lacked cohesion.
i think wakeham is a good prospect.
we really miss CHN
Jackson on an edge is a non-event.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Have you been watching any games recently?

The whole team has been horrible. I can’t see how Wakeham is meant to take control when the rest of the team is crap, especially since he has very little experience.

At least he’s shown more than Lewis in attack. His kick to the corner for Holland was better than anything Lewis has done in the last year, even though it was a little off target.
He can't kick, attack, defend and leaks penalities. Wakeham is an imposter!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was terrible tonight,kicked on 3 rd tackle,twice,handing possession back,we had a 3 on 1 ten metres out and kicked,had a shocker,but then who dint

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have been one who has said Lewis has been overly criticised and I will also be one one to say that Wakeham is not to blame. I believe it doesn't matter who the half is in our team. We are just not good enough. My concern is Wakeham will end up another Lichaa. Lewis is not as bad as people say but he is not a halfback.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I have been saying all along he isn't ready. We need an experienced half to teach them. A voice in the training paddock . We need Jimmy Maloney. Foran hasn't been on deck long enough and not a 7 . No use having raw potential with not teaching. Coaching is teaching, training is teaching, developing is the rewards of teaching. We lack that. Hire the best teachers , that's where we start. Hook, sheens, Barrett, brown all offer more than what we have. Pay n stevie g need to go but we lack anyone to come in now from within.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The difference between him and Lewis is that Wakeham tries his hand at various plays and has a better feel for the game. I can seem him improving as a player moreso than Lewis.
Keep him there for now.
I just find it comical that shit c***s on here "think" a proven shit c*** is a better option over a 7 game rookie.

Where was the veteran?

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can't kick, attack, defend and leaks penalities. Wakeham is an imposter!
He also only has a few games first grade experience in a wooden spoon team. Give him a bit more experience in first grade before fully judging him.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
wakeham is a good young half. a bit more class around him and he has a hand in a few tries tonight.
we lose our fullback and then we shuffle the spine to take out or first choice hooker as well.
that alone makes the job hard for the halves.
i thought cogger had a dig, but his play was very ad lib and you could tell the dogs lacked cohesion.
i think wakeham is a good prospect.
we really miss CHN
Jackson on an edge is a non-event.
CHN definitely a massive loss, he was my player of the year last year, I think we underestimate not having a quality edge back rower like him.