News Nick cotric

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Very true. I watched a handful of those games he played at centre last year and thought he wasn’t as affective at centre as he was on the wing which is why I think Ricky put him back on the wing and bought Scott
I had a look at the stats. Less of a sample size of Cotric.

Cotric (8 games 2019)
Tries: 0.3
Try Assists: 0.3
Linebreaks: 0.3
Linebreak assists: 0.5
Tackle breaks: 4.3
Offloads: 0.3
Metres Gained: 90

Manu (18 games 2019)
Tries: 0.3
Try Assists: 0.2
Linebreaks: 0.3
Linebreak assists: 0.2
Tacklebreaks: 2.6
Offloads: 1.3
Metres gained: 85.3

There is not a lot of difference between the two. Cotric breaks more tackles, Manu offloads the ball more. From watching the two, I'd say more of Manu's metres are in the clear whereas Cotric's are more from helping out the forwards. Manu's more pretty on the eyes. Flick passes and stepping.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No other good centres off contract. I don't really see an alternative (there is a big gap after Cotric). The other option is to sign a winger, JAC for the same amount anyways.
I'm surprised that we don't seem to have talent scouts in the Pacific Islands to try & find some big fast, hard to stop wingers that other team seem to come up with & probably at a very good price.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm surprised that we don't seem to have talent scouts in the Pacific Islands to try & find some big fast, hard to stop wingers that other team seem to come up with & probably at a very good price.
Panthers had Sivo and didn't even give him one NRL game. That's really bizarre. There are a few of them in the NRL now. Vunivalu and Ravalawa come to mind.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We can always use hoppa, SWz and Holland in the centre's if we can acquire a big winger.

I still think fullbacks the sore point.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There aren't as many as you think and they all end up in rugby union eventually.

Ive said it 100 times. Better off going to England or scour NFL discards.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man this rumor won't go away.... Would love him in our colours.

Can we get the hattrick of Cotric, Bateman and Hodgson? I think we would all have multiple orgasms lol
I'm due a good orgasm :tongueclosed:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we want Cotric no other choice unfortunately. We're not in a position to get top players for what they're worth. Cotric will be offered what he's worth to stay at the Raiders.
People underestimate how valuable a powerful centre is in the current format of the game. Id give Cotric 700k if we aren't keeping Foran

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cotric is obviously a top player we’d all want at the dogs I’m just worried that wing might be his best position and if we are going to pay him 700k to find out if he’s actually a centre
The boys a centre man, came through the grades as one and is way better there. Played outstanding there last season before he got injured

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cotric has never played centre. Just need to point this out to the lovers.

personally I'd be going for David Fusilli from the warriors. He's quick and a giant on the wing waters at the warriors. What we need. Punch!
He has ... He came through juniors as a centre. NRL he's been put on the wing but has played centre in a handful of games

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
One thing I will add and it's something that shits me with Pay... We have Alomati and Schoupp coming through. Sign Cotric and we will eventually lose one of them... Id say that would be Schoupp and the kid looks pretty good, would be be better off just putting our faith in him ? Would know if we fucking played him Dean

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
One thing I will add and it's something that shits me with Pay... We have Alomati and Schoupp coming through. Sign Cotric and we will eventually lose one of them... Id say that would be Schoupp and the kid looks pretty good, would be be better off just putting our faith in him ? Would know if we fucking played him Dean
We need a strike centre now and we can't wait around for years for one of then to come through. Btw were not paying 700k lololol.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
While I agree you never know if those two kids would make it in the NRL and Cotric at 21 will have another ten years at NRL level he’s already a state of origin player he’s got the goods.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need a centre bad hoping hed play well there however im yet to see anything amazing from nick

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article made me think about something.
Why did we not lay out the bank for Curtis Scott?
The game against Manly is your answer.

Same as last night’s game is why Saab is not a solution for us.

RE: Cotric...As per every other Brent Read advertisement on behalf of whichever player manager it is, nice to dream but unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The game against Manly is your answer.

Same as last night’s game is why Saab is not a solution for us.

RE: Cotric...As per every other Brent Read advertisement on behalf of whichever player manager it is, nice to dream but unlikely to happen.
I got banned for a week for criticising Saab.

And you are right. He's nothin for us

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need a strike centre now and we can't wait around for years for one of then to come through. Btw were not paying 700k lololol.
that's true, but my point is we should have played our options at centre already before we decide who to buy. But yeah not going to complain if we get Cotric will just be interesting to see how it all plays out if so

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric has never played centre. Just need to point this out to the lovers.

personally I'd be going for David Fusilli from the warriors. He's quick and a giant on the wing waters at the warriors. What we need. Punch!
Cotric’s natural position is centre and he regularly filled in there when Leilua or Croker was unavailable

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People underestimate how valuable a powerful centre is in the current format of the game. Id give Cotric 700k if we aren't keeping Foran
What the hec does signing cotric have to do with foran? We need a quality centre...